Buzz the tower!!

08 Penn State was the last flyover right?

That's when I saw them last. It was a surprise and it was awesome! It was he beginning of a great game. Right before that there were several hawks flying over the stadium, then the flyover and then "the kick".

So the noise at the hospital was loud for a few seconds??? :rolleyes:

FWIW - The 124th Fighter Squadron, Iowa Air National Guard, is know as... wait for it, wait for it... The Hawkeyes. The Squadron's mascot is below. Notice anything familiar about it?

AFG-090527-021.jpg

Wings!! ;)

Kinnick used to get some flyovers last year (two years ago maybe?). Anybody know why they stopped going that? Are all the jets deployed? Or did the University not want to spend money on it anymore? Assuming they had to "rent" the jet's time and pay for fuel costs.

Military flyovers have to be approved by DOD in Washington DC. Last year they wouldn't approve an F-16 flyover for the 1st Nationwide race @ Iowa Speedway, but they did approve a KC-130 Tanker to buzz the track with his refueling hose extended. . . .

Regular occurence at Falcon Stadium and yes you just wouldn't believe how the hair on the back of your head stands up when those boys come thundering overhead. On some days they light up the after burners and you literally cannot hear the person standing next to you.

Air Force games are a whole different experience of college football. They are amazing. The side shows throughout the game, the cadets, the mini air shows, the cadets guards directing traffic, etc. Just being on the base going to the game and the games themselves are worth more than the ticket. They used to allow you in with your full size cooler (unchecked), although I don't think they let you do that anymore, it's been awhile since I've attended a game.

Nonetheless, fly-overs are awesome. The one that Kinnick had for the Penn St game in 2008 was surreal!

Last edited:
There has not been a game that I have been to with a flyover that did not induce a sense of awe and goosebumps!

Heck, even that cheesy little chop-chop was kind of cool last Saturday!

Go Hawks!

That's when I saw them last. It was a surprise and it was awesome! It was he beginning of a great game. Right before that there were several hawks flying over the stadium, then the flyover and then "the kick".

So the noise at the hospital was loud for a few seconds??? :rolleyes:

Yes, It doesn't matter if its a single second, those people who are there already have enough to deal with as it is especially so on game days. We don't need our patients either disturbed or awakened by the roar of jet engines just because its cool or amps people up, believe me, as a fan I would love nothing more than for it to be a regular occurrence but as a memeber of the UIHC I recognize that sick people getting better always take precedence over "cool".

Yes, It doesn't matter if its a single second, those people who are there already have enough to deal with as it is especially so on game days. We don't need our patients either disturbed or awakened by the roar of jet engines just because its cool or amps people up, believe me, as a fan I would love nothing more than for it to be a regular occurrence but as a memeber of the UIHC I recognize that sick people getting better always take precedence over "cool".

In my dreams the roar from Kinnick Fans is as loud as an F-16 haulin balz at mach 5! While I feel for the sickly, I dont think we would tell our fans to keep it down lol....I get your point but I still want jets damn it!

I was in Vegas for Iowa vs Oh State game...I got my wish! This looked awesome on TV!

Latest posts