Buyout Barta Responds To Iowa Media

This is the part that really gets me. If Fran doesn't want to leave, then why the urgency for giving him that fat contract and buyout? Why the fear of Fran going elsewhere?

Especially when his sons are playing for him at Iowa. Thats what kills me the most. If Fran takes another job, his kids would have to sit out a year to transfer somewhere else to play for him...so its not like he was going anywhere as long as his kids were there. The buyout can ONLY hurt Iowa

When schools announce contract signings be it for a new coach or an extention isn't it a joyful event? They are usually fired up for both sides to be getting what they want. Because if your not then what the heck are either of you doing? Never the less since that's the feeling around them what would be the reason(s) to not announce it months later and basically force the media to do a FOI act request to get it? My guess in this case is negative feedback... Barta is self aware enough to know there'd be some with it and I guess he thought he'd just delay the inevitable as long as he could and so here we are... I don't think it's much more complicated than that and at the end of the day he KF and Fran are all as secure in their jobs and lives as they can be....

Barta is a dope. I like both Fran and Kirk, but neither deserved long extensions. A bunch of fat cats sitting in the athletic department high-fiving each other while Carver sits half empty. Great job!

When schools announce contract signings be it for a new coach or an extention isn't it a joyful event? They are usually fired up for both sides to be getting what they want. Because if your not then what the heck are either of you doing? Never the less since that's the feeling around them what would be the reason(s) to not announce it months later and basically force the media to do a FOI act request to get it? My guess in this case is negative feedback... Barta is self aware enough to know there'd be some with it and I guess he thought he'd just delay the inevitable as long as he could and so here we are... I don't think it's much more complicated than that and at the end of the day he KF and Fran are all as secure in their jobs and lives as they can be....
Exactly. Competition should not be comfortable. The only time you are growing is when you are not comfortable. The only way to shake them out of their comfort zone is to put financial pressure on them. Which means not paying for tickets or making donations.

Latest posts