But we put players in the NFL!

Please explain further.

University code states nepotism is not permitted. A professor could never hire a child as an assistant. However Kurt can hire his son as long as he reports to the AD. In what world does a position coach report to the AD?

Im not comparing a 7 year period for Iowa to Wisky's last 3 years ya frickin tard.

Compare them however you want but it is a fact Wis. has been a much more dominating program of late. They actually try to win games which is the real difference maker.

The whole "you're only as good as your weakest link" arguement actually makes a lot of sense. That is until you realize that a lot of the teams we are losing to have about 8 weak links on each side of the ball. The reason we keep losing to all these crappy teams is because we only had a bunch of NFL "roll players"?

You should say "I couldn't care less" because when you say "I could care less" it implies that you actually do care because there is some degree less of caring that you could exhibit. Good luck.

That saying has always irked me. It's double-edged. I mean, you could say you couldn't care less, but that could also mean it's just so important to you that you couldn't possibly care less. And vice versa.

Not to single out Shada, but just having a guy like that on the field was good for at least 100 yards passing pretty consistently. I believe that James Hardy had something like well over 10% of his collegiate yards lined up opposite Shada. One weak link and your NFLers are rendered moot.

Only thing I see you doing here is pointing out how dense our head coach is. Bradley Fletcher was riding the bench behind Shada his entire career which was flat out stupid. Unless you actually believe that Fletcher went from bench warmer to beast mode from his JR year. I don't buy the crap that Brad came out of no where his SR year. His JR year the few times we ran some nickel and he manned up an opponent he didn't give the guy an inch. 4 years in the program and he hadn't gotten it yet? Please....

Shada couldn't even sniff the NFL and he was a 3 year starter yet Bradley made it starting one year. Says a lot about our captain and playing you're best players. Kirk is a loyal idiot. We sometimes have "weak link's" because our coach is a "nice guy".

I hope the dude doesn't think I'm mean about it or anything, I just don't want him to roll into a board meeting or something like that and use the wrong phrase and then get fired as CEO or CFO of his company if the board loses confidence in him.

Dude the board could care less if uses that phrase incorrectly. Chill the **** out.

Iowa has not "had similar runs in the not too distant past." You're wrong. No need for name-calling.

Sure they have. Iowa from 2002-2004 went 31-7 overall and 20-4 in the B1G with 2 B1G titles. Had a 2-1 record in January Bowl Games as well. Overall winning percentage- 81.6%. B1G winning percentage- 83.3%.

Wisconsin from 2010-2012 went 30-11 overall and 17-7 in the B1G with 3 B1G titles. Had an 0-3 record in their 3 Rose Bowl apperances. Overall winning percentage- 73.2%. B1G winning percentage- 70.8%.

Wisky benefitted from PSU and OSU both being unable to participate in the B1G Title Game this year because of NCAA sanctions. They also earned their Rose Bowl berth for the 2010 season because of a 3 way tie with MSU and OSU.

Sure they have. Iowa from 2002-2004 went 31-7 overall and 20-4 in the B1G with 2 B1G titles. Had a 2-1 record in January Bowl Games as well. Overall winning percentage- 81.6%. B1G winning percentage- 83.3%.

Wisconsin from 2010-2012 went 30-11 overall and 17-7 in the B1G with 3 B1G titles. Had an 0-3 record in their 3 Rose Bowl apperances. Overall winning percentage- 73.2%. B1G winning percentage- 70.8%.

Wisky benefitted from PSU and OSU both being unable to participate in the B1G Title Game this year because of NCAA sanctions. They also earned their Rose Bowl berth for the 2010 season because of a 3 way tie with MSU and OSU.

and without having a certain starting QB for the Seahawks fall into their lap they don't sniff the Rose Bowl in 2011.

Dude, I am not talking about NC championship seasons with Va Tech, it is the 8,9,10 win seasons that i am talking about minus this year it is 8+ wins doing it with special teams and defense, and when they get that dynamic player it is usually a bcs game. Beamer ball has put Va. Tech in a bowl game the last 25 years.

3 straight rose bowl appearances? when has iowa done that? what are you smokin, you live Colorado?

How good was Wisky this year? Remember they went 7-5 and backed into the B1G Championship game and thus the Rose Bowl because PSU and OSU were ineligible.

and without having a certain starting QB for the Seahawks fall into their lap they don't sniff the Rose Bowl in 2011.

Sort of like Brad Banks in a way. Take BB as an unknown cc player off that team.... No doubt in my mind Iowa wins at LEAST 2 more games the year before in they'd gone with BB rather than a marginally effective returning starter. Boy, where have we seen this before???

Sort of like Brad Banks in a way. Take BB as an unknown cc player off that team.... No doubt in my mind Iowa wins at LEAST 2 more games the year before in they'd gone with BB rather than a marginally effective returning starter. Boy, where have we seen this before???

The Brad Banks and Russell Wilson situations have nothing in common except they are both black quarterbacks that won a bunch of games in their one season of starting in the B1G.

I hate to say it, but IMO there is one monumental difference between Wiscy and Iowa at this time. Wiscy went after gamebreakers for their position players where Iowa has game managers (at best). While IMO the line play on both sides may be comparable and the defensive side of the ball is comparable in terms of how they each recruit, I think the philosophy behind the recruiting of the position players is tipped heavily in favor of Wisconsin.

I hate to say it, but IMO there is one monumental difference between Wiscy and Iowa at this time. Wiscy went after gamebreakers for their position players where Iowa has game managers (at best). While IMO the line play on both sides may be comparable and the defensive side of the ball is comparable in terms of how they each recruit, I think the philosophy behind the recruiting of the position players is tipped heavily in favor of Wisconsin.

If that were true Bret wouldn't be the new HC at Arkansas. Wisconsin whiffed on a ton of top guys when they tried to start recruiting with the big boys the same as Iowa did a few years before them. And no I don't want to turn this into a poor ole Iowa thread but the facts are facts.

Wisconsin recruits one skill position extremly well and that is RB with all the success that they have had with that position over the years. Other than that there isn't a ton of difference skill wise recruiting between the two teams.

And when they did get top guys at a skill position they were usually from Wisconsin. Kendricks, Clay, Gordon.

I guess I just don't consider 02-04 as being at the same level as 3 straight Rose Bowls, no matter how they wormed their way in. It probably has to do with our own Rose drought, and the failure to capitalize on that stretch. The history books will have more memory of "3 straight Rose Bowls" than they will of "a 3 year good run", details be damned.

Last edited:

Latest posts