But we put players in the NFL!

Never really understood the argument that just because a team puts guys in the NFL that they should win a bunch of games in college.

Really? It's pretty simple.

NFL career = really good player

Teams with really good players, should win more than teams with lesser players. (pure rocket science...I know).

Really? It's pretty simple.

NFL career = really good player

Teams with really good players, should win more than teams with lesser players. (pure rocket science...I know).

haha, says teh moran who cant properly work teh quote feature on this websight.

It is explained in my post, which OK4P quoted and agreed with.

If you dont understand it then you are dense.

I dont think you are dense, I just think you are obsessed with ripping on KF and wont let anything get in the way of that.

haha, says teh moran who cant properly work teh quote feature on this websight.

It is explained in my post, which OK4P quoted and agreed with.

If you dont understand it then you are dense.

I dont think you are dense, I just think you are obsessed with ripping on KF and wont let anything get in the way of that.

such anger and name-calling. Is it study hall?

Oh boy, I've avoided the football board for most of the last few months.

Good call me.

False, the dudes we put into the NFL who actually get playing time are for the most part linemen, TEs or guys who play in the secondary. Of course, there is also Shonn Greene. But it's not like the dudes we put in the League are all pro studs like JJ Watt or AJ Green or anything. We just put a lot of solid role players in the League and under Kurt we have yet to put any WR or QB into the League who has gotten any degree of material playing time. In pure numbers we have a lot of dudes in the League, but none of them are currently standouts at their positions with maybe the exception of Yanda and Greenway is pretty good (made the Pro Bowl this year) but he's well behind Ware and Matthews at his position. Given that our strength historically has been ball control and good defense and that our NFLers are not speed guys or good QBs, I think Kurt has done a decent job as a game coach other than a couple of bad losses to bad programs (which only happen once every three years or so).

It works for Wisky and Va. Tech, but it can't work for the Hawks, yeah i get the logic.:confused:

It works for Wisky and Va. Tech, but it can't work for the Hawks, yeah i get the logic.:confused:

Va Tech is the most overrated team in college football every year. By this boards standards, they have a terrible year often.

Iowa and Wisky are pretty comparable programs. Wisky's great run is current so that is what is fresh in your mind. Iowa has had similar runs in the not too distant past.

You should say "I couldn't care less" because when you say "I could care less" it implies that you actually do care because there is some degree less of caring that you could exhibit. Good luck.

This coming from the same guy who used irregardless in a post......

Va Tech is the most overrated team in college football every year. By this boards standards, they have a terrible year often.

Iowa and Wisky are pretty comparable programs. Wisky's great run is current so that is what is fresh in your mind. Iowa has had similar runs in the not too distant past.

Dude, I am not talking about NC championship seasons with Va Tech, it is the 8,9,10 win seasons that i am talking about minus this year it is 8+ wins doing it with special teams and defense, and when they get that dynamic player it is usually a bcs game. Beamer ball has put Va. Tech in a bowl game the last 25 years.

3 straight rose bowl appearances? when has iowa done that? what are you smokin, you live Colorado?

Dude, I am not talking about NC championship seasons with Va Tech, it is the 8,9,10 win seasons that i am talking about minus this year it is 8+ wins doing it with special teams and defense, and when they get that dynamic player it is usually a bcs game. Beamer ball has put Va. Tech in a bowl game the last 25 years.

3 straight rose bowl appearances? when has iowa done that? what are you smokin, you live Colorado?

I said similar runs to Wisky, not identical to Wisky.

Va Tech is doing it in the ACC and for the most part never finishes above where they were picked preseason. If the Hawks finished below their preseason ranking as often as VT does, people here would be going insane.

I said similar runs to Wisky, not identical to Wisky.

Va Tech is doing it in the ACC and for the most part never finishes above where they were picked preseason. If the Hawks finished below their preseason ranking as often as VT does, people here would be going insane.

so there is a big difference between NC State, Boston College and ummmm Northwestern? Only the delusional fans would flip out going 9-3 every year. And contrary to popular belief there really isn't that many delusional fans.

so there is a big difference between NC State, Boston College and ummmm Northwestern? Only the delusional fans would flip out going 9-3 every year. And contrary to popular belief there really isn't that many delusional fans.

Good point. Wisky's current run has been against a fairly weak B1G. Iowa's best 3 year run came when the B1G was much better as a conference.

You're point about the delusional fans as a part of the entire fanbase is true. However, the number of delusional fans on message boards is very high.

Im happy we send guys to the nfl. They may only be a couple probowlers, but the thing they all have is integrity. There are good human beings coming out of this program we may sacrific a couple wins by not selling out but atleast KIRK can look at himself in the mirror while half of u kurt callers need to give that a try

Im happy we send guys to the nfl. They may only be a couple probowlers, but the thing they all have is integrity. There are good human beings coming out of this program we may sacrific a couple wins by not selling out but atleast KIRK can look at himself in the mirror while half of u kurt callers need to give that a try

We also have our share of screw ups, on and off the field. Don't act like our program makes good solid people. Heck we have a coach who craps on university code to get his son hired.

Wrong. Two Orange bowls seven years apart is not similar to three straight Rose Bowls. And considering Wisconsin recruits at the same level or below Iowa, they pretty much are at a higher level. They also don't lose to bad teams nearly as often.

We also have our share of screw ups, on and off the field. Don't act like our program makes good solid people. Heck we have a coach who craps on university code to get his son hired.

We weed them out early....

Wrong. Two Orange bowls seven years apart is not similar to three straight Rose Bowls. And considering Wisconsin recruits at the same level or below Iowa, they pretty much are at a higher level. They also don't lose to bad teams nearly as often.

Im not comparing a 7 year period for Iowa to Wisky's last 3 years ya frickin tard.

Latest posts