Burn it down fellas, the Iowa football program SUCKS!!!

jNW is not very good, not good at all and we looked like crap.

I do feel sorry for our defense as they played well enough to win but that offense is just puke. How lame is all the poor running plays we call.

Then to lose on a tough drop but Fant is a very good player and he will come back. He probably took his eyes off the ball when he didnt need to make a move at all.

I do feel sorry for our defense as they played well enough to win but that offense is just puke. How lame is all the poor running plays we call.

Then to lose on a tough drop but Fant is a very good player and he will come back. He probably took his eyes off the ball when he didnt need to make a move at all.

Would help if Stanley would stop throwing 100mph fastballs from 5 yds when they're not needed.

We’ll lose to Wisconsin, OSU, and Nebraska, hopefully squeak by Minnesota, and miss a bowl game.

The way this team is playing I don’t want to watch them in a bowl game.

Time to flush the season. This team is absolutely hamstrung. Defense, offense and special teams are all marginal at best. No fire, no urgency just hapless play after hapless play. I am always one to remain positive, but I could just puke watching this team stick their foot in their own mouth over and over again. The worst thing for me is this team arguably has the best running back and middle linebacker of the Kirk Ferentz era and the break downs are coming from the line of scrimmage. The offensive line is the worst run blocking line I can remember. How this happens to a Ferentz coached O line is just dumbfounding. The defensive line play has been painful to watch as well. I don't believe Reese Morgan has had 1 single positive impact on the D line. We have seen nothing but regression since he took over there. I think we need to move Morgan back to O line and move Polasek to RB coach. It is plain arrogance to think that you can just move a coach to any position group with no experience coaching it and expect success. Yet this is exactly what we are seeing this year. I'm just emotionally drained and ready for basketball season. Hard to have pride in such a lackluster team.

What is our offensive strategy? We came out and moved the ball to begin the game with passing. Then it's like we revert back to the Stretch Zone Short Side over and over. We can't block because teams know our scheme. As soon as we stopped with that passing nonsense and tried to overpower them, NW (and everyone else) could figure out the flow of the offense.

And not that our passing game makes a lot of sense too. We have two talented TE. I don't even care about Fant dropping the pass, as that'll clean up the more he plays. But why can't we throw down the seam? Bring back the KOK 15 yard Cuts/Crossings. It's sidelines, and 3 yard outs.

Some posters in here tell us this is the best we can expect. That this type of offense is what has brought us our success. No. It's time we strive to be more than the 100th ranked offense year in and year out.

No more offense in a phone booth.

Specious reasoning. Fant is JUST as culpable as the rest. ZERO excuse for that drop. ZERO.

That said, you can't hang the loss on any one element.

Momentum turning point of the game... 3rd qtr, we have NW pinned deep, looking at good field position. Then Jackson completely misplays the punt and we end up pinned in our own end.

He looks scared at punt returner. Get him off the field.

What the hell went on during the bye week. This team looks pathetic.

If this is the way our offense looks with 2 weeks preparation, then I'd hate to see it after 3 weeks.

I'm normally very supportive of the staff, and try to be realistic, but performances like these completely take the air out of any optimistic balloon I may have. I'm sure at the presser that we'll hear the usual, "Give Northwestern credit, they played like they wanted it more...We looked flat for whatever reason...It's all correctable so we'll look at the tape and keep pushing forward...etc., etc." regurgitated cliche's, but the bottom line is that there simply are no excuses for how the offensive performed in this game. None.

The offensive line is a complete mess, and the injury excuse is moot at this point of the season. I do sincerely think the potential is there, but right now they couldn't move their grandmothers off the LOS. Wadley compounds the problem by trying to be too cute. He needs to plant and run downhill. Every run doesn't need to be a showcase for how he might make someone miss, only to give away the lanes that were there.

No passion. No intensity. No fight. No pride.........No wins.

-------The way this team is playing I don’t want to watch them in a bowl game.

What, and have them a miss a months worth of valuable practice time for next season? Shame on you!

Latest posts