Burn it down fellas, the Iowa football program SUCKS!!!

The only positive with this loss is we wont have to read all of the delusional posts about how we just need to beat Wisconsin or when is game day coming to Iowa City. This team has no playmakers. I've said it before and always get ripped for it but we are closer to Minnesota than we are to Wisconsin. Next year will be really bad.

The only positive with this loss is we wont have to read all of the delusional posts about how we just need to beat Wisconsin or when is game day coming to Iowa City. This team has no playmakers. I've said it before and always get ripped for it but we are closer to Minnesota than we are to Wisconsin. Next year will be really bad.
Speaking of Minnesota, pajama boy is next week. They're not gonna lay down for us.

No they won't and they will score more than 17.

and they'll attack one of KFz's biggest blind spots.. a team coming in with more emotion and fire vs punch the timeclock. Whether they win or not...you can bank on that being the case.

It's official! Our program sucks $hit! Great job all around to the coaching staff for making what looks like no changes to the product on the field. What is the Brian Ferentz offense besides non-existent? Oh yeah it's more passing on first down, that'll trick em. Let's have slower LB's cover the fastest players on the field. That makes sense. Seriously WTF. 6-6 is right on target, but I guess that means bOwl eligible and a successful season?

Specious reasoning. Fant is JUST as culpable as the rest. ZERO excuse for that drop. ZERO.

That said, you can't hang the loss on any one element.

No doubt he should have caught it, he probably does 98 out of 100 times. That is just how crappy the offense played.

Poor execution and that is on the coaches, there was a timeout before that play iirc so you tell your players about super concentration and just do your job and no more than your assignment

I'd settle for AW not running into 8 guys at the line of scrimmage on 1st and 2nd downs. I'll take the fastballs from NS. He's gonna be a good one...I mean, he could have been a good one at a school that threw the ball.

Arvada gets it. Stanley was 58% on a very windy day with that clear drop at the end. Could have been 60%+ .

How about instead of 26 Wadley rushes into and 8 man box we throw a lot more of those passes to guys wide open.

------Next year will be really bad.

Not according to what Jon Miller just said....and he is willing to bet money on it.

I also think next year has potential. Stanley is a big prototypical QB. We need to sell out to the players we have. We need to reinvent the offense for Stanley. I am not sure we will though. The thing that kills me is every year we miss out on capitalizing on fantastic seniors. Bethard, Kittle and King last year. Now Jewel and Wadley this year. Sooner or later we have to get a upper class to match up with an underclass to have another breakthrough season. Of course that would probably require a top 20 recruiting class and who knows if we will see another one of those under Ferentz. Meanwhile the B1G just keeps getting stronger. PSU, OSU, Michigan and Wisconsin will all be top 20 next year. Iowa will still probably be tripping over themselves to beat a sub 500 team at 11AM.

------Next year will be really bad.

Not according to what Jon Miller just said....and he is willing to bet money on it.
No he's not. 3 new LBs behind a poor DL that's graduating 2 players? Our defense will not be good and our offense always sucks!
It's all relative, I guess. How many wins is Jon predicting? What exactly is he willing to bet on?

Please tell me how Nate as a Junior handing off the football on 2nd and 17 to a RB running into a wall will work any better than Nate as a Sophomore handing off the football on 2nd and 17 to a RB running into a wall this year.

Wow. I feel so much better after reading this thread! Now I don't feel bad that we are 4-3 because we have terrible coaches, a bunch of no account players, no way to get better, etc. Thanks for the crystal clear analysis.

Wow. I feel so much better after reading this thread! Now I don't feel bad that we are 4-3 because we have terrible coaches, a bunch of no account players, no way to get better, etc. Thanks for the crystal clear analysis.

Well, we do have obvious ways to get better, unfortunately we have coaches who don't want to take advantage of that.

Latest posts