BUGEYED FOLLIES STARRING BUGEATERS BASKETBALL THREAD

It makes no sense to play Big against this Nebraska team like we are. Cook is literally a mismatch against every guy. We need the spread the floor with shooters around him, not ruin the spacing by playing a ton of bigs. Just garbage coaching by Fran.

Can't get any traction with so many rookie mistakes, Iowa can't get out of their own way as usual. But JBo has to be getting frustrated as he can't trust anyone else to handle the ball. Is Riley Till a guard? Remember the emphasis last couple of years on the separation between defensive players and offensive players? That must have been scrapped.

Bottom line: nebr. On deck for a 96 point game. No Iowa defense. Isaih might as well have stayed home. No wonder JB cannot be a decent point guard, when we don' t have a shooting guard to take the pressure off. Look at nebbie D...the double JB and ignore Moss. We needed him to at least be a low teen scorer..would make a lot of difference.

Bottom line: nebr. On deck for a 96 point game. No Iowa defense. Isaih might as well have stayed home. No wonder JB cannot be a decent point guard, when we don' t have a shooting guard to take the pressure off. Look at nebbie D...the double JB and ignore Moss. We needed him to at least be a low teen scorer..would make a lot of difference.

I had high hopes for Moss, but he's proven to be garbage 90% of the time.

Nine fouls called on the Hawks

Five on Nebraska

We are 2-5 shooting free throws

They are 13-16

Took Garza out early. Really made a difference.....

Free throws are the story of the game so far

It makes no sense to play Big against this Nebraska team like we are. Cook is literally a mismatch against every guy. We need the spread the floor with shooters around him, not ruin the spacing by playing a ton of bigs. Just garbage coaching by Fran.

Spread the floor with what shooters? I am not a defender everything Fran, but his hands are tied right now.

I agree Moss can be pretty frustrating but Fran doesn’t help. Instant hook for missing his first couple shots. This is a game where Moss, Dailey, Baer, and Bo should each play 30 minutes at the 1-3 spots and Cook & Garza play the majority of minutes in the post.

Nunge could be a great project at the 4 or the 5. Teach that kid to play with his back to the basket and let him develop. He's not a 3. It's not surprising that he's playing the 3. We've got a 2 playing the 1. A 3 playing the 2. and 3 - 4s (Wagner, Nunge, Baer) playing the 3. A 3 backing up the 1 and the 2 (Dailey).

Spread the floor with what shooters? I am not a defender everything Fran, but his hands are tied right now.
If you put JBo, Moss, Dailey out there Nebby will be forced to guard them out to the 3pt line. If they do it gives Cook more room to operate down low. Basketball 101

I hear what you're saying, but this team has no "must wins" anymore. They aren't going anywhere whether they win or lose.

That's what I mean

Obviously, a must-win for Nebraska

Nobody really expected the Hawks to win tonight

Not really a must- win game left for the Hawks this season

Latest posts