BTT tournament predictor

Now I'm rooting for 2 things to happen, for Iowa to get into the top 5 seed, Michigan to finish in that 6 seed, and Wisconsin finishing in the 3rd seed. Or any other combination that gets Iowa the highest seed possible and lines up Michigan and Wisconsin to play each other.

Been playing around with this- and if Iowa wins out, the seedings end up showing a rematch with Illinois, yet if we lose to IL, we end up against Ohio State- not sure which to hope for. Of course, other games could impact this, but would hate to play IL in nearly back to back games..........

I assume there are other possibilities as we get closer to the finish line!

Been playing around with this- and if Iowa wins out, the seedings end up showing a rematch with Illinois, yet if we lose to IL, we end up against Ohio State- not sure which to hope for. Of course, other games could impact this, but would hate to play IL in nearly back to back games..........

I assume there are other possibilities as we get closer to the finish line!

The one thing that is for sure, nothing is going to happen the way the predictor says it will. There has been upsets all over the place which could throw off everything.

I don't see Iowa beating Illinois, they have no answer to Cockburn. If I was Fran I'd be tempted to start Ogundele as he's the only one that Cockburn can't body to the basket, although Ogundele can't match his footwork. The only hope is that JBo can go off at the 3 point line and the twins can get Cockburn into foul trouble.

Last edited:
We have had plenty of easier games this year. Not looking for an easier road in the BTT. NCAA sure but in conference all comers are welcome. At Michigan, Illinois back to back, and perhaps more after that if we are good enough. Maybe a Purdue or Wisky. Should be all the better for it. Easier road, short break, then a lower seed and then have an Oregon jump on you. Nah! Let than second round game seems easy compared to what they went through to finish out the B1G season. :)

I thought this was really neat.

FMpd70dXwAgOBW7

The one thing that is for sure, nothing is going to happen the way the predictor says it will. There has been upsets all over the place which could throw off everything.

I don't see Iowa beating Illinois, they have no answer to Cockburn. If I was Fran I'd be tempted to start Ogundele as he's the only one that Cockburn can't body to the basket, although Ogundele can't match his footwork. The only hope is that JBo can go off at the 3 point line and the twins can get Cockburn into foul trouble.

Maybe put Ogy in when Cockburn is getting tired

Would be easier to bench him

Ogy should be used, I believe he played against the Illini at Carver
and played well again Cockburn

Ogy is somewhat difficult to move out of place

I would need a bulldozer or sledgehammer

Now I'm rooting for 2 things to happen, for Iowa to get into the top 5 seed, Michigan to finish in that 6 seed, and Wisconsin finishing in the 3rd seed. Or any other combination that gets Iowa the highest seed possible and lines up Michigan and Wisconsin to play each other.
There is a path that gives us the 5, OSU the 4, Wisconsin the 1, and Michigan the 8. I really like that path.

We may not want the five. We could be looking at a potential Thursday match up with Nebraska.

All of the sudden would you want to play them next week?

I want that four. Yes we are a step down from Wisconsin, Illinois and Purdue but we're solidly near the top of the next tier.

Split the next two and get the double bye. You get rest and you have legit shot to the semi-finals. If Iowa gets beat at that point I'm good.

Split the next two and get the double bye. You get rest and you have legit shot to the semi-finals. If Iowa gets beat at that point I'm good.
Now that Rutgers won, we almost for sure need to win both to get a double bye.

Now that Rutgers won, we almost for sure need to win both to get a double bye.

Split the next 2. Assuming victory in the 2nd round are you really afraid of Rutgers in the quarterfinals? Beat Rutgers and it is gravy at that point.

Last edited:
Split the next 2. Assuming victory in the 2nd round are you really afraid of Rutgers in the quarterfinals? Beat Rutgers and it is gravy at that point.
Rutgers is basically Wisconsin lite. Tough, physical D, a knack for winning close games, getting late stops, buzzer heroics.

I was hoping that they had peaked too soon, that their February magic had run out. Then they go into Bloomington and punk Indiana. Harper dribbled up the court, said "I got this", pulled up to the three point line, and delivered.

We would have two things going for us. First off we wouldn't possibly be able to shoot that poorly against them a second time. Second, karma owes us. Toussaint's layup should not have been overturned. And Harper was barely breathed on compared to what they weren't calling that night.

No but they own the tiebreaker over Iowa for the double bye. Their next game is at home against PSU, it would take a pretty big upset for Rutgers to not finish 12-8.

Afraid of Rutgers? I was just responding to your post saying if we split the next 2 we get the double bye. Thats probably not going to happen.

Afraid of Rutgers? I was just responding to your post saying if we split the next 2 we get the double bye. Thats probably not going to happen.

Just responding back that if Rutgers is a #4 seed and Iowa is a #5 there would be a good chance they would play in the quarterfinals.

That was my point. A lot of moving parts I guess should have done a better job of explaining what I was getting at.

Pretty cool.
We may not want the five. We could be looking at a potential Thursday match up with Nebraska.

All of the sudden would you want to play them next week?

I want that four. Yes we are a step down from Wisconsin, Illinois and Purdue but we're solidly near the top of the next tier.

If you are afraid of Nebraska than maybe your team doesn't have the makeup for a run. I mean ya have to play somebody. If they shit the bed against Nebraska, who is last team and projected at the last seed by 99%, then they deserve the outcome. They should be able to over match the last team in the league.

Latest posts