BTT Generator and Bracket

As of today for me...

Iowa vs. Nebraska/Penn State Winner
Iowa vs. Purdue
Iowa vs. Wisconsin

I will take this scenario. We get a team that had to play Wednesday. We get another shot at Purdue. We get a game with no downside. Everyone expects us to lose. If we somehow win it boosts our seed. I don't think we would beat Wisconsin but I still like this scenario.

Last edited:
As of today for me...

Iowa vs. Purdue
Iowa vs. Wisconsin

I will take this scenario. We get a team that had to play Wednesday. We get another shot at Purdue. We are get a game with no downside. Everyone expects us to lose. If we somehow win it boosts our seed. I don't think we would beat Wisconsin but I still like this scenario.

This is best. A 5 seed is probably our best hope right now. Could get us to the semis. I don't see our seed making a difference as far as who we play. Our first round opponent with a 5, 6, or 7 won't make much difference. The next round would be against one of the 3 teams tied for 2nd right now. It's about avoiding bad match-ups. Not sure I want to see Maryland again and I'm pretty sure I don't want to face Izzo.

2/24 - 2/26...Home team wins every game (or IN wins at NW).

2/28 - 3/1...Iowa wins and the home team wins every game.

3/3 - 3/5...NW, Illinois and MSU win at home and the road team wins every other game (or MI wins at NW).

3/7 - 3/8...Home team wins every game (or MD wins at NE).

If the above happens we are the 4 seed and Purdue is the 5 seed. I think the above scenario only requires 2 upsets Iowa @ Indiana and Ohio State at home on senior day against Wisconsin.

As of today for me...

Iowa vs. Purdue
Iowa vs. Wisconsin

I will take this scenario. We get a team that had to play Wednesday. We get another shot at Purdue. We get a game with no downside. Everyone expects us to lose. If we somehow win it boosts our seed. I don't think we would beat Wisconsin but I still like this scenario.

Perfect scenario....Should be able to handle Nebreaks or PSU....Then we should beat Purdue with AW. It is hard for Wisky to beat Iowa three times but even if we lose it isn't a bad loss.

I forgot about the 6 seed playing a night game. At least that will be a plus if we dont win out.

Just ran this ... even if Hawks lose at Indy (which I expect), If Purdue loses at OSU and at MSU, then gets upset by Illannoy (all realistic), Iowa will move up to the 4 and Purdue drops to 5.

The best of the bestest if it comes to be ...
1) Double bye
2) Rematch w/Purdue (Oh, I want this and so does Aaron White!) after they just played a game.
3) Still play Wisky but just need to show well. Who knows if Whitey continues to play as if it's his last.

I think Iowa could play up to the 7 seed.

If we win out and Purdue loses to OSU and MSU, then we are the 5 seed and Purdue is the 4 seed. But if OSU wins out, which includes a win at home against Wisconsin, we would be the 4 and purdue would be the 5. I would love for that game to have that much meaning for us.

Hell why we're at it, lets have MSU beat Wisconsin too so they can drop down to the other half and Maryland can be the 1.

How 'bout this ... ran it again with Iowa winning out and Purdue losing @ osu, msu and upset by Illannoy. By beating Indy, they stay on the 4 line but it actually allows OSU to move up to the 5!!

So, by winning out and if Illannoy upset Purdue, Iowa actually faces a tougher road (having to play OSU rather than Purdue on Friday), with nothing to gain. Hawks would actually fair better losing at Indiana!

Basically, as long as Purdue loses at OSU, loses at MSU and beats Illannoy at home, it doesn't matter if Hawks win or lose at Indiana, they'd be the 5 and Purdue would be the 4.

Bump.

Maybe a little early for this, but the link in the OP has been updated to this year's Big Ten schedule.

So, Sagarin chalk has Iowa finishing 12-6 in B14!! :eek::eek: Much better than I expected or would ever predict, based on the style of play, strategy and (lack of) toughness I've seen so far.

January is going to be BRUTAL! - MSU x 2, Purdue x 2, Maryland and NwU. Hawks could lose all 6, be 3-6 in B14 and might still have a higher RPI than same time last year. Sets up for a strong finish over the final weeks, though. Whether acknowledged or not, that "last 10" perception is alive and well as Selection Sunday approaches.

Still not convinced they're more than a bubble team but am willing to eat crow anytime if the Hawks show me up.

If Ohio State, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota weren't all way worse than predicted, we would be a bubble team.

I just checked this out for the first time this year. All I did was changed Saturdays game to a win and it put us at the 8 seed with a 6-12 record. We would have to do some serious work to get a better seed than that tho.

The best route to get to the NCAA tournament will be to jump a few teams in the regular season, and get up to the 10th seed or better in the big 10 tournament so that they play 1 less game. They have games coming up against the Goofers and Pedos. Both teams are competing for a top 10 seed. Beating them is very doable, and will be important for the seeding. It’s also important to gain momentum and confidence going into the big 10 tournament to win it.

Latest posts