BTT Generator and Bracket

I still have Iowa at 7 but have no idea who will be at 10...currently landing on NW. Then it's either IN or MD on Friday followed by OSU on Saturday.

I had Iowa as an 8 playing 9 Michigan. Winner gets Wisconsin

My guess is you have Illinois beating Iowa. I have Iowa winning that game. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong...just wondering if that's the difference. Because I have Iowa as the 7 seed with a loss at IN. I also have them as the 7 seed with losses at both IN and NE...tiebreaker over IL due to head to head.

We don't want to land in that 8/9 slot. The 6 or 7 slots almost certainly get us 2 out of MD, OSU and IN (maybe PUR) on Friday and Saturday. I don't want anything to do with WI and my preference is to avoid MSU.

Who do you have at 2 and 3?

It is pretty cool. I consistently come up with either Michigan (9) or Neb (10) in 1st round and here's I'd project that playing out:

- go 2-4, (8-10) = 8 seed against Michigan (W), then Wisconsin (blasted) = 18-15, NIT 3 or 4 seed.

- go 3-3, (9-9) = 8 seed, same as above (W / L) = 19-14, last 4 out, NIT 2 seed.

- go 4-2 (10-8, with any combo of winning 2 of 3 between Illannoy, Neb and PSU) = 7 seed against Neb (?), then Indy (L) = 19-13 or 20-13 = 9 or 10 seed NCAA.

- go 4-2 (10-8 and beating Indy) = 7 seed against Neb (?), then OSU (L) = 19-13 or 20-13 = 8 or 9 seed NCAA.

- go 5-1 (11-7 and lose at Indy) = 7 seed against Neb (?), then Indy (L) = 20-12 or 21-12 = 7 seed NCAA.

- go 6-0 (12-6) = 2 seed against Minny / Purdue (W), then Indy / MSU (L) = 22-11 = 6 or 7 seed NCAA.

It is pretty cool. I consistently come up with either Michigan (9) or Neb (10) in 1st round and here's I'd project that playing out:

- go 2-4, (8-10) = 8 seed against Michigan (W), then Wisconsin (blasted) = 18-15, NIT 3 or 4 seed.

- go 3-3, (9-9) = 8 seed, same as above (W / L) = 19-14, last 4 out, NIT 2 seed.

- go 4-2 (10-8, with any combo of winning 2 of 3 between Illannoy, Neb and PSU) = 7 seed against Neb (?), then Indy (L) = 19-13 or 20-13 = 9 or 10 seed NCAA.

- go 4-2 (10-8 and beating Indy) = 7 seed against Neb (?), then OSU (L) = 19-13 or 20-13 = 8 or 9 seed NCAA.

- go 5-1 (11-7 and lose at Indy) = 7 seed against Neb (?), then Indy (L) = 20-12 or 21-12 = 7 seed NCAA.

- go 6-0 (12-6) = 2 seed against Minny / Purdue (W), then Indy / MSU (L) = 22-11 = 6 or 7 seed NCAA.

I think the 4-2 scenarios are by far the most likely...no upsets involved. Any of the others means upsets...good in the last 2 scenarios and bad in the first 2 scenarios.

Edit - I guess 5-1 doesn't really involve an upset...just doesn't seem likely as of today.

This BTT bracket projection thing was much more fun to play a week ago when Iowa was playing well and sitting at 6-4

I had 2 OSU 3 Maryland 4 Purdue all at 12-6. Then 5 MSU and 6 iowa at 11-7. Indiana at 7 and Illinois at 8 at 10-8. I actually like that because we finish in 5th but get the benefit of a 6 seed. I also like it because if we win out and everything else happens, we will be the 2 seed.

I have Iowa 5th with Purdue at 4th. This is assuming a loss to Indiana.

I have Iowa #5, regardless of 12-6 or 11-7 (assuming they continue to take care of their business).

They would play either PSU, NwU or Minny on Thursday.

Then I really want Purdue to beat Rutgers, lose @ OSU & @ MSU, and beat Illannoy. That puts them in the 4 and of all the teams I want a rematch with, it's Purdue.

This would be ideal:
1) Hawks are lock in NCAA at 12-6 or 11-7. Losing to Illannoy, at home, to finish 10-8 is nail-biting time.
2) Beat Illannoy and then Purdue beating them knocks them completely off the bubble -- no worries of them sneaking up and stealing Iowa's spot.
3) Best chance to show in BTT to improve seed.
- W over PSU / NwU / Minny on Thursday.
- W in rematch with Purdue (another likely tourney team) on Friday.
- Chance to make Wisky play you 3rd time -- with all the pressure on them to beat you a 3rd time. 2 W's + a good showing against a possible
#1 seed could move Iowa up to #6 line in NCAA.

I have Iowa #5, regardless of 12-6 or 11-7 (assuming they continue to take care of their business).

They would play either PSU, NwU or Minny on Thursday.

Then I really want Purdue to beat Rutgers, lose @ OSU & @ MSU, and beat Illannoy. That puts them in the 4 and of all the teams I want a rematch with, it's Purdue.

This would be ideal:
1) Hawks are lock in NCAA at 12-6 or 11-7. Losing to Illannoy, at home, to finish 10-8 is nail-biting time.
2) Beat Illannoy and then Purdue beating them knocks them completely off the bubble -- no worries of them sneaking up and stealing Iowa's spot.
3) Best chance to show in BTT to improve seed.
- W over PSU / NwU / Minny on Thursday.
- W in rematch with Purdue (another likely tourney team) on Friday.
- Chance to make Wisky play you 3rd time -- with all the pressure on them to beat you a 3rd time. 2 W's + a good showing against a possible
#1 seed could move Iowa up to #6 line in NCAA.

I also have us as the 5 at 12-6 or 11-7. If we are 12-6 and Maryland loses 2 (WI and @ NE) then I have us at 4 thanks to a 4 team tie...MD, MSU, IA and PUR all at 12-6.

I also have us as the 5 at 12-6 or 11-7. If we are 12-6 and Maryland loses 2 (WI and @ NE) then I have us at 4 thanks to a 4 team tie...MD, MSU, IA and PUR all at 12-6.

If there is a 4 way tie, we could very well become OSU's biggest fans against Wisconsin on the last day of the regular season. If they could somehow win out and make it a 5 way tie, we would get the 2 seed.

I think Iowa is better off getting the 6 seed if they can't get a double bye. They would probably play Michigan State in the 3rd round and not have to see Wisconsin until the championship

Maryland is very likely to finish out 3-1 which would eliminate Iowa's chance at a 2 seed. Michigan State and Purdue will both probably lose 2 more games, so Iowa still has a shot at a double-bye, but they'd have to win out.

Latest posts