BTT Generator and Bracket

99topdawg

Here's a LINK to a Big Ten Tournament generator, where you can predict the rest of the games, submit your picks, and see how the BTT will set up. Also notice the set up for the tournament. I hadn't seen this before, with 4 teams getting double-byes and 6 others getting single byes.

Here's how my bracket ended up:

bracket_image.php

I didn't use the generator but just posted my predictions elsewhere. They are below.

2 - MD 13-5
3 - IN 13-5
4 - IA 12-6
5 - OSU 12-6
6 - MSU 11-7
7 - PU 11-7

I didn't use the generator but just posted my predictions elsewhere. They are below.

2 - MD 13-5
3 - IN 13-5
4 - IA 12-6
5 - OSU 12-6
6 - MSU 11-7
7 - PU 11-7

Using the generator seeds 1 through 5 remain the same. But then things change...

6 - PU
7 - IL
8 - MI
9 - MSU
10 - MN
11 - NE
12 - PSU
13 - RU
14 - NW

Mine..

Big 10 Standings

1. Wisconsin (15 - 3)
2. Michigan State (13 - 5)
3. Iowa (12 - 6) Defeated Ohio State and Maryland based on round-robin record.
4. Ohio State (12 - 6) Defeated Maryland and lost to Iowa based on round-robin record.
5. Maryland (12 - 6) Lost to Iowa and Ohio State based on round-robin record.

bracket_image.php

Maryland & Ohio St. are overrated. The BIG has figured out Maryland and they have struggled in recent games. Mich St. also not as tough this year so could fall. I see Wisky & Indiana at the top. Iowa has had the difficult part of their schedule and are now getting in a groove with quite an efficient offense. I see Iowa at 3.

I'd love to see the Hawks get into the top 4 and get a bye.

I tried various scenarios and Iowa never fell below the 4 seed at 12-6. If we can't go 12-6 with our remaining schedule we don't deserve the bye. I'm very confident we will be getting a top 4 bye.

nEVER DOUBT
Maryland & Ohio St. are overrated. The BIG has figured out Maryland and they have struggled in recent games. Mich St. also not as tough this year so could fall. I see Wisky & Indiana at the top. Iowa has had the difficult part of their schedule and are now getting in a groove with quite an efficient offense. I see Iowa at 3.

I never doubt an Izzo-coached team. I've heard too many times about Michigan St being 'down' in a couple previous seasons, and they went deep into The Dance.

And, of course, Izzo has a bunch of officials that listen to him intently during games, snuggling, nibbling his ear.

Possibly at this point, but both teams have good guards that can create on their own and for teammates and that makes both very dangerous. Both are capable of beating any team in the conference regardless of the venue and could get on a nice win streak.

All i know is i hope we are a 2 or 3 seed with indiana being the other and purdue and maryland being the 6 and 7. That leaves OSU and MSU on the other side to take on Wisconsin.

All i know is i hope we are a 2 or 3 seed with indiana being the other and purdue and maryland being the 6 and 7. That leaves OSU and MSU on the other side to take on Wisconsin.

I agree which is why I will be pulling for Indiana tonight. I would love to get Purdue on Friday, Indiana on Saturday and then give it our best shot against Wisconsin on Sunday. Purdue relies heavily on their 2 big guys to be successful...would love to play them with no rest after playing the day before.

Yes, this is the first year with 14 teams, and so its the first year the Big10 has had the double-bye system.

The ACC, which has 15 teams, also uses this format. And the Old Big East, when it had 16 teams, used this format too.

The alternative would be to have only 4 rounds but round 1 would then require 6 games. So they would have spread round 1 out over 2 days.

I agree which is why I will be pulling for Indiana tonight. I would love to get Purdue on Friday, Indiana on Saturday and then give it our best shot against Wisconsin on Sunday. Purdue relies heavily on their 2 big guys to be successful...would love to play them with no rest after playing the day before.

If we do our part and get the 2 seed. Your scenario is actually very likely.

I absolutely HATE the seeding of the Big Ten Tournament this year, am I alone?

First of all you have "day 1" of the tournament where the only games are the 4 worst teams going against each other. What's the point of that? Who's going to watch or attend Northwestern vs Penn State in Chicago? It's completely pointless.

Most standard 14-team brackets have the 1 and 2 seeds getting a first round bye and then all other teams battling it out on the first day. That's one epic day of basketball. I would have to call in sick for that.

The only thing that makes sense is that they don't think they can squeeze 6 basketball games into the same day...and I guess I get that...but still "day 1" of the BTT is a complete joke.

1 WI
2 IN
3 IA
4 OSU
5 MD
6 PUR
7 IL
8 MSU

I decided to take another stab at this. Iowa wins the tiebreaker with OSU and MD.

I absolutely HATE the seeding of the Big Ten Tournament this year, am I alone?

First of all you have "day 1" of the tournament where the only games are the 4 worst teams going against each other. What's the point of that? Who's going to watch or attend Northwestern vs Penn State in Chicago? It's completely pointless.

Most standard 14-team brackets have the 1 and 2 seeds getting a first round bye and then all other teams battling it out on the first day. That's one epic day of basketball. I would have to call in sick for that.

The only thing that makes sense is that they don't think they can squeeze 6 basketball games into the same day...and I guess I get that...but still "day 1" of the BTT is a complete joke.

either way its the same number of tourney games and days. Since you can not play 6 games in 1 day at 1 arena, a single bye tourney like you are proposing would need the 6 round1 games to be played over 2 days, wed and thurs. You would probably have the 8 vs. 9 and 7 vs. 10 games on wed since the winners would play 1 and 2 seeds on friday. Then have 3 vs. 14, 4 vs. 13, 5 vs. 12, and 6 vs. 11 on thurs and the winners play each other on friday.

but under this format, you are forcing the 7 thru 10 seeds to show up 1 day early then the winners sit around for 1 day.

if you go with the format chosen, you make the 11 vs. 14 seeds show up on wed, and odds are they wont make it to sat or sunday, bu if they do, they will have to win 5 days in a row.

meanwhile the top 4 seeds don't have to show up until friday, which is good because they have best chance to make it to the sunday CCG.

So I like the format they chose. Yes, nobody will show up for wed games, but nobody wants to go 5 days in row anyway.

Latest posts