BTN's Top 5 QBs from the past 5 years.

Persa was more accurate? Really? You gonna stick with that argument?

Wilson has the NCAA Division I record for QB rating and passing efficiency.

Next.

Running a totally different style of offense with a totally different level of surrounding talent.

Wilson was definitely better at the long ball but its fairly easy to throw long balls over the top off play action when the defense has to sell out to stop the run.

The offense Persa ran was far more dependent on the QB and required more precise throws.

If they switched places I don't think Wilson is nearly as effective running NWs O as Persa was, and I will admit the reverse is true also.

I love Stanzi but he is so overrated by my fellow Iowa fans it's ridiculous.
Drew Tate was better than Stanzi.

I'd remove Clark and put in Persa on that list.

I don't think I really need to tell you anything. I think 5 Rose Bowls in 20 years, back-to-back BIG titles, multiple NFL draft picks the last few seasons says enough. Or check out the ESPN cover story currently up right now if you'd rather hear it from another source

Great time to be a sports fan in Wisconsin.

enjoy it now, because it isn't going to last...Urban Meyer says hi

I love Stanzi but he is so overrated by my fellow Iowa fans it's ridiculous.
Drew Tate was better than Stanzi.

I'd remove Clark and put in Persa on that list.

You and Rocknrollface have restored my faith in this site. I've said similar things about the Stanzi, and people came unglued. I often wondered which games people were watching.

Running a totally different style of offense with a totally different level of surrounding talent.

Wilson was definitely better at the long ball but its fairly easy to throw long balls over the top off play action when the defense has to sell out to stop the run.

The offense Persa ran was far more dependent on the QB and required more precise throws.

If they switched places I don't think Wilson is nearly as effective running NWs O as Persa was, and I will admit the reverse is true also.

The fact that Wilson was incredibly successful at two very different programs with very different talent levels should tell you something......that the kid is damn good and will be successful wherever you put him. Add in that he's really turning heads in Seattle and making people think that he should start in front of a QB that just 2 minutes ago inked a 26million dollar deal is also telling. Matt Flynn is going to be given every opportunity to LOSE the Seattle starting QB job. Wilson just might play so well that he rips it out of his hands.

If I was a BIG fan, I'd hope to hell that Danny O'brien had a terrible year. If recruits around the nation see another QB that wasn't well known nationally, then come into Wisconsin and light it up then they will be itching to get behind that NFL offensive line and do the same. Hell we already have signed the best 2 QB's we have in years in Bart Houston and Chance Stewart. QB used to be a crutch that we had to cover up. Now it is a strength. Gone are the "game managers" that we asked to just not screw things up.

I think these arguments bring up a really important football point. QB is a postion that is a product of his surroundings. People judge QB by winning. I'm not saying it shouldn't be that way, but it makes for some biases. Every QB on that list had great team success in college, and there is undoubtedly some causation there.

Point being, QBs like Cousins and Stanzi are overrated IMO. Yeah, they were great. But they also played on great teams, seemed like great guys, and repped their teams well. So that makes for fan biases.

I think TP should be #1 on the list. He played for 3 years in the league, and he was the best athlete on the field in every game. No he wasn't Vince Young, or Cam Newton, both QBs with similar physical talents. But I think he was close to being on their level.

1) Pryor
2) Henne (I think he counts time-wise)
3) Persa
4) Wilson
5) Stanzi

just out: Cousins, D. Clark, Curtis Painter, Juice Williams

Tolzein actually put up fairly comparable numbers to Wilson in a round about way.....completion %, and yards per attempt were very similar. Wilson attempted more passes obviously, and had a 14th game to do it in.

The difference in the 2, Wilson gave the Badgers an all around more dangerous element in the air, and with Wilson's legs....and last time i checked QB's were allowed to use their legs to gain yards...he put defenses in a FAR greater bind.

I concur that Wilson deserves a spot high atop the list.

Russell Wilson is such an average quarterback that he's going to start week 1 of his rookie season in the NFL.

He's opening some eyes in Seattle and around the league.

You know Seattle was feeling pressure to start a QB that they just gave $25million to in the offseason (Flynn)

He's opening some eyes in Seattle and around the league.

You know Seattle was feeling pressure to start a QB that they just gave $25million to in the offseason (Flynn)

omg becky fan, are you really going to claim credit for russell wilson?? Kid played four years under O'Brien @ NC State, and five months @ wiscky.
He's Wolfpack, not weasel

Latest posts