BTN Comments

I bet those are regurgitated lines from DiNardo... I have a tough time listening to him. He says the same thing about every team just about... Don't get me wrong I'd rather he be positive than negative about our Hawks. But watching some of their shoots going around to other schools he's just hard to pay attention to

I bet those are regurgitated lines from DiNardo... I have a tough time listening to him. He says the same thing about every team just about... Don't get me wrong I'd rather he be positive than negative about our Hawks. But watching some of their shoots going around to other schools he's just hard to pay attention to

Not necessarily - DiNardo does harp on other teams. He was pretty bullish on Indiana this season. Last year he said Nebraska would struggle to make a bowl game (they won 9). So... he's fairly hit and miss on his assessments. Not saying he's wrong or right, but even guys who have followed and are close to the game get it wrong just as much as Joe Schmo know it all football guy.

What I really like is this. From now til they stop doing this fall tour at the beginning of each season - Iowa City and Lincoln, NE are going to be stacked against each other. As in, 1 day they'll visit Nebraska and the next Iowa or like this years case, vice versa. I think if you read their comments tomorrow on Nebraska, there will be plenty of "tea leaves" to read in how they throw around their praise and you might be able to read into what they say as far as what they rave about, because their visit to IC will be fresh on their minds.

I like DiNardo but I don't put a lot of faith in anything he says. Pretty sure in 2014 he said JR was the best throwing QB in the B1G when he wasn't even the best thrower on Iowa's team.

If you listen to all of their stops in the BIG, they just praise each team of course. They just stroke egos for ratings. Do you really think they will show up at Rutgers and say..."they look awful!" No way! Don't buy into everything they say because they think Iowa looks "awesome." It's a road show circus for the BIG 10 Network.

If you listen to all of their stops in the BIG, they just praise each team of course. They just stroke egos for ratings. Do you really think they will show up at Rutgers and say..."they look awful!" No way! Don't buy into everything they say because they think Iowa looks "awesome." It's a road show circus for the BIG 10 Network.

They don't do that tho... if you watch the other shows. I mean, they don't absolutely rail teams either - but they have no problem taking shots at units for teams and always have. Again, last year, Dinardo told Nebraska fans that making a bowl game would be a huge accomplishment for their team.

....... I just can't believe DiNardo has seen 105 Iowa fall practice teams! Amazing.
Or he is saying that player 1 to player 105 (the number invited to camp) this is the best overall group, physically, that he has seen at Iowa since they have been coming here.

Hopefully I didn't just let some sarcasm go right over my head there.

I like DiNardo but I don't put a lot of faith in anything he says. Pretty sure in 2014 he said JR was the best throwing QB in the B1G when he wasn't even the best thrower on Iowa's team.
Only reasons I watch are to see some video of the guys practicing and maybe just maybe they'll report on something we didn't know about be it an injury or how somebody is being used that we hadn't heard yet. The rest of it is just stuff to be taken with a grain of salt...

To be fair - Ruddock is now a 2nd string NFL QB and he had a monster year. GD saying he was the best throwing QB in the B1G isn't that big of stretch even with CJ on the team. JR was ahead of him at that point.

Or he is saying that player 1 to player 105 (the number invited to camp) this is the best overall group, physically, that he has seen at Iowa since they have been coming here.

Hopefully I didn't just let some sarcasm go right over my head there.

You did blondee! I was kidding. lol.

I saw the Wadley interview on the show and thought he sounded mature and well-balanced. So why didn't Kirk bring him along to Chicago again?

Like I said - I was interested to compare their tweets about Nebraska vs Iowa -

So, yesterday we were hearing "1 - 105 this might be the best Iowa team we've seen"

today we're hearing "oh hey look, Larry the Cable is here"

BTN was critical of Iowa WR corps. And with good reason. But they failed to take into account the TE's. With BF actually using TE's this season, which I believe he will, and Wadley and Butler catching passes out of the backfield, the lack of experience at WR will be nullified.

Latest posts