BTN Comments

Wadley told the media that he did want to go and this is the 1st that I've heard of it possibly being a player vote.

Yet, you didn't know that Akrum told the media that he did in fact want to go to B1G media days; interesting. Care to share your source for it being a player vote?

Not until you share yours :) Seriously, just saw it one of the links somewhere. It would have been Gazette or DM Rag, if not, then on one of the front-page stories here or at HR.

Rob also mentioned that Akrum's mother was very disappointed that Akrum was not chosen. It is a tough dilemma when trying to figure out who should represent the Hawks; my personal feeling is that Akrum should have been there due to a combination of he being the Hawk's best playmaker last year, having big expectations for this year, and the story of his development from a fallback recruit to a (darkhorse) Heisman candidate. I would have left MVB home, mostly because he did not contribute much last year, though obviously through no fault of his own.

Why does Akrum deserve to go more than Jewell, Welsh and Vandeberg? Jewell and Welsh were just voted to 2nd team AA honors, Vandeberg is a 5th year Sr.

I wouldn't have had a problem if Akrum went instead of any of those 3 either. I think some just look for molehills to create mountains out of them.

Why does Akrum deserve to go more than Jewell, Welsh and Vandeberg? Jewell and Welsh were just voted to 2nd team AA honors, Vandeberg is a 5th year Sr.

I wouldn't have had a problem if Akrum went instead of any of those 3 either. I think some just look for molehills to create mountains out of them.
Exactly! The fuskers took a QB that hasn't played one snap! Always need to find something to complain about. Can't wait for the season to start.

Exactly! The fuskers took a QB that hasn't played one snap! Always need to find something to complain about. Can't wait for the season to start.

The best RB in the B1G stayed at home as well, and no Akrum isn't the best RB in the B1G.

The best RB in the B1G stayed at home as well, and no Akrum isn't the best RB in the B1G.

arguably the conferences biggest star - JT Barrett did not go. I think there's no question AW wanted to go - he wasn't selected, I am sure he understands why when you look at his team mates that DID go.

Maybe he will prove to be. Yet to be the man, you gotta beat the man, and the best running back in the B1G is Barkley.
Ea5Q_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Latest posts