BTN at Iowa Open Practice

The Dline is not that good. I saw them with my own eyes the other day and Meier, Jaleel, and Faith made exactly ZERO impact.
How may other Big10 teams have you seen with your own eyes? DiNardo has seen them all recently, and he tweeted that the Iowa D-line looked solid.

I think it speaks a lot to Rudock. Wasn't there something about sokol catching him on the depth chart last year?

Yeah but it was a new offense everyone was learning last year... if we still had KOK almost guarantee Rudock would be the starter. New OC opened the door and made this a 3 horse race, last year I doubt anyone of these options would have been better than JVB just saying.

*ALERT* This is my professional Saturday morning couch QB opinion only, it doesn't not express the opinion of all HN posters.

Last edited:
What?! Two guys that played 8 man football that weren't recruited by the likes of Alabama and O$U are doing well?! They probably didn't even get looks from teams like Temple so we couldn't even steal them from a subpar team in the final moments before signing. Its got to be because of the poor level of competition they are playing against because they surely can't be that good... they cannot do that against 4* and 5* recruits during the season that's for sure.

You are a first class ****** bag. No one said you can't get a few like that, but that is not the foundation for solid and consistent/competitive seasons. How can you argue with Alabama's success not being correlated to their recruiting?

Linebacker used in passing situations for pass rushing. Could be good. Could be very bad. Interested in other's opinions on this.

You are a first class ****** bag. No one said you can't get a few like that, but that is not the foundation for solid and consistent/competitive seasons. How can you argue with Alabama's success not being correlated to their recruiting?

Recruiting has NOTHING to do with it, its ALL about coaching. What are all those ******* for before bag? Drain the urine out of your cheerios and go try the meatloaf the has been baking for you all afternoon.

Recruiting has NOTHING to do with it, its ALL about coaching. What are all those ******* for before bag? Drain the urine out of your cheerios and go try the meatloaf the has been baking for you all afternoon.

You honestly believe that Alabama and the other SEC teams that are successful and have top 5-10 recruiting anually have nothing to do with their recruiting, it's all coaching? Ok, sure that is one opinion I am guessing more people with disagree with that but it's your opinion.

Linebacker used in passing situations for pass rushing. Could be good. Could be very bad. Interested in other's opinions on this.

Don't mind it at all as long as it's in obvious passing situations like 3rd and 8 or longer.

Dude wasn't even arguing with you and you felt the need to respond like this? I've slipped up and called some people names on here but only after wasting posts upon posts arguing with them. I'm in no way innocent, nor are a lot of us. I'm not claiming that. You, however, seem to have zero humility or class. If this kind of snarky remark is how you'd like to contribute then do us all a favor and hit the road.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

Focus, focus, focus. Linebackers used for pass rushing. What does this mean? Line needs development? Strength in secondary? Means nothing until we see them start to play games and then we'll know?

They must have a lot of trust in the secondary.

I hope this is it, and I hope it is justified. The alternative as I see it is that the d line needs a ton of work. D line, QB and receivers seems to be the most unanswered questions to me at least. I think the qb situation works itself out. Receiver situation remains to be seen. I'm most worried about d line.

You honestly believe that Alabama and the other SEC teams that are successful and have top 5-10 recruiting anually have nothing to do with their recruiting, it's all coaching? Ok, sure that is one opinion I am guessing more people with disagree with that but it's your opinion.

I believe it does matter to a certain extent, but I get tired of people not giving these guys a shot even if they were offered a scholarship by the coaches. Coaching is huge and I'm not a KF is god individual but the number of players KF and CO. should be an indication that 2*/3* kids are just as capable of playing at the same lvl. They just might need a yr or two to get the size they need. That is all.

Latest posts