BTN at Iowa Open Practice

I am getting the feeling KF is finding it hard to say no to Beathard.

I bet we see a Rudock/Beathard depth chart Week 1 and Beathard is taking all the snaps by midseason.

I have to chuckle at this. Hawkeye Nation has spent the last month debating mainly about Rudock and Sokol, and by all accounts it sounds like the debate should be between Rudock and Beathard. Certainly sounds like Beathard is a natural, and makes plays by letting the game come to him. This is exactly what I'd like to see in a QB. You don't want someone afraid to make plays, but you also don't want someone who forces it. The biggest part to this is remaining calm under immense pressure. That's not a trait easy to find in guys their age.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if what you said is true Section. Rudock may get the opening nod, but I have a feeling Beathard will be given a chance at some point because they won't be able to resist an opportunity to see what he can do under the bright lights. Beathard grew up around celebrities, and his grandpa was an NFL GM. If anyone is ready to handle the kind of pressure it takes to be a D1 QB at a major university it's this dude.

I am getting the feeling KF is finding it hard to say no to Beathard.

I bet we see a Rudock/Beathard depth chart Week 1 and Beathard is taking all the snaps by midseason.

It will be interesting how it plays out. Im guess we'll see both qb's the first couple weeks. Sounds like Beathard is pushing forward like they hoped he would.

Dave Revsine@BTNDaveRevsine1m
Good chat with Ferentz. Sounds like he wants to let QB play out a bit longer. Acknowledged Rudock is leader right now.

Tom Dienhart@BTNTomDienhart6m
I like the way C.J. Beathard throws. Best arm of #Hawkeyes QB bunch. Love his hair, too. Ferentz says he is No. 2 right now.

Seriously, where the hell is Hwks23 when you need him? Guess all those brainless reporters never had a clue. #TeamSokol

Seriously, where the hell is Hwks23 when you need him? Guess all those brainless reporters never had a clue. #TeamSokol

I didn't realize how deep the conspiracy against Sokol truly went until now. Poor, poor Sokol even the BTN guys are in on it!

And both of those guys he talked about played 8 man football. *Yeah one was in Nebraska but still*

What?! Two guys that played 8 man football that weren't recruited by the likes of Alabama and O$U are doing well?! They probably didn't even get looks from teams like Temple so we couldn't even steal them from a subpar team in the final moments before signing. Its got to be because of the poor level of competition they are playing against because they surely can't be that good... they cannot do that against 4* and 5* recruits during the season that's for sure.

Dave Revsine@BTNDaveRevsine1m
Good chat with Ferentz. Sounds like he wants to let QB play out a bit longer. Acknowledged Rudock is leader right now.

And both of those guys he talked about played 8 man football. *Yeah one was in Nebraska but still*

Meier may have played 8-man, but damn, he is EASILY the most dominating player I've ever seen in Iowa high school football. Not necessarily the BEST player, but it was painful just to watch him destroy opposing defenders. The Murray team that Fremont beat in the 2011 title game was very good--the kind of team I would pick to win the title in almost any given year--and Meier led an 81-0 drubbing of that team. That's just how damn good he and the rest of his team was.

He had like 12 carries for 200-plus yards and 4 or 5 touchdowns, and he never hit the turf. Anytime he didn't score, his forward progress was stopped by about 4 defenders. Murray didn't actually bring him down. Not once.

The only other player who's even in the conversation for most dominant is Levi Ferguson, out of all the players I've seen over the years.

They definitely did. Although, it was pretty tough put lipstick on the Illinois stop. Revsine still said their defense has a long way to go and picked them to max out at 4 wins but wouldn't be surprised if they only won two.

4 wins? That would suck.

Latest posts