BT vs Pac 12 starting in 2017

GarmanSportsAndy Garman

RT @petethamelnyt: BREAKING: Pac-12 and Big Ten enter scheduling agreement. All 12 teams playing an inter-league FB game starting 2017.

Yeah wow you're right. This could be a serious threat to iowa state game... Wow

When is the proposed change to 9 B1G conference games supposed to happen? I can't see us playing 11 BCS teams each year.

said this in the other thread, but i love it. here's to hoping the NCAA eliminates the cupcakes. my only concern is it won't benefit our recruiting like a similar argeement with the ACC or SEC would do. that, and our limited but poor record when we head out west.

I think this brings up a few interesting questions.

Is this in place of the league going to 9 games, or does it happen in connection with going to 9 games for the B1G.

since this will be after new TV negotiations. Will they steer these games towards their respective conference networks? Or will they sell these at as a special package or just use it to beef up the new network deals. Also, will this be spread out over several non-conference weekends or all in one weekend.

does this mean the two leagues are confident they are done with expansion, will add the same number of teams, or if one league had more teams would they just have a few teams sit out.

said this in the other thread, but i love it. here's to hoping the NCAA eliminates the cupcakes. my only concern is it won't benefit our recruiting like a similar argeement with the ACC or SEC would do. that, and our limited but poor record when we head out west.

Would like to see evening games eliminated

I think this brings up a few interesting questions.

Is this in place of the league going to 9 games, or does it happen in connection with going to 9 games for the B1G.

since this will be after new TV negotiations. Will they steer these games towards their respective conference networks? Or will they sell these at as a special package or just use it to beef up the new network deals. Also, will this be spread out over several non-conference weekends or all in one weekend.

does this mean the two leagues are confident they are done with expansion, will add the same number of teams, or if one league had more teams would they just have a few teams sit out.

If this is in connection with going to nine conference games, then there is no question we need to drop isu or else we're going to have some issues even getting bowl eligible some years.

If this is in connection with going to nine conference games, then there is no question we need to drop isu or else we're going to have some issues even getting bowl eligible some years.
Or this program just gets to the point where the ISU game is not an issue for us each year and we keep them on the schedule.

Or this program just gets to the point where the ISU game is not an issue for us each year and we keep them on the schedule.

It's not a matter of winning and losing, it is a matter of money. Why would we give up a home game every other year to play in their smaller stadium? It makes no sense when we can schedule anybody else, get an extra home game, and bank more dough. It just wouldn't be feasible to do that unless the game is in Kinnick every year, or 2 out of every 3 years at least.

It's not a matter of winning and losing, it is a matter of money. Why would we give up a home game every other year to play in their smaller stadium? It makes no sense when we can schedule anybody else, get an extra home game, and bank more dough. It just wouldn't be feasible to do that unless the game is in Kinnick every year, or 2 out of every 3 years at least.

The thing is whether the game is in Kinnick or Ames the big point is the money stays within the state. I think it will be hard for the regeants to not schedule that game. I think it is good for the state of Iowa to have them playing. Why schedule a cupcake at home and possibly have to shell out a close to a million bucks to have them take it back to their school. That doesn't make any sense either. I think ISU stays regardless.

I think this is something your going to see each confrence do pretty soon as a way of preserving the BCS and avoiding a playoff (other than a possible plus 1).

The SEC, B12 ect will have some pressure to enter simular agreements in order to keep up. I have been advocating this concept for years and am glad to see it on the horizon.

This will not eliminate the cupcakes, nor should it. Smaller schools need the revenue that BCS confrence venues provide and the big schools can use warm ups. It should reduce things to 1-2 max per year and get of those truly weak non conf schedules (See Wisky years past).

Interesting idea, but this pretty much ends any other significant out of conference games. With 9 Big Ten games and 1 PAC 12 game, that will already be 5 home/5 away each year. Meaning all Big Ten teams will schedule their 2 cupcakes (I-AA, MAC, Sunbelt, etc.) to get their 7 home games per year.

No other BCS conference school is going to agree to play at a Big Ten team without a return game. So Iowa vs Iowa State would be over. Also, probably ends the games teams play against Notre Dame each year too, unless they were willing to have 6 road games in a given year.

Considering we just killed the home and homes with uni/Drake and basketball, the timing may seem right to do the same to the isu game. Considering that ISU did the same thing to UNI/Drake they really have nothing bad to say about it. Could be a very smart move timing wise for Barta to do away with the game(if he wants to). FYI I want to keep ISU game, but just saying if Barta wanted to do away with it, now would be the time.

Latest posts