Bruce Is In The Portal

Question?? Any chance BIG $$ = Boosters gives Proctor money. Match other offers. Correcting a "situation" needs step forward.Qb great but Proctor? Grew up Hawk. PR value huge. But wish Proctor the best where he chooses. Best
I need English if I’m gonna respond. I know you have plenty of time on your hands sitting at Dave’s Place in Eureka drinking Rolling Rock; put a frickin' paragraph together using pronouns, articles, and prepositions so people can understand you. If you’re too hammered at 8AM Cali time to type coherently, it ain’t our problem.

Don’t give us any BS excuses, Earl.

You don’t walk into a grocery store and say, “Me! Paper towels want, money here is!

Put ten seconds of effort in, dammit. It’s not hard; type words the way you would say them to someone standing in front of you.

Just curious, why are we assuming K-State is wanting Bruce? Honestly I'm thinking a MAC school is where he winds up.

Feels odd to think there are other P5 schools lining up to pick up pieces from an offense that finished 122nd in scoring.
In a word talent. I think they flashed that they have that. Charlie Jone's success this yr probably points to what others may look at too. They each have multiple yrs of eligibility and that's enticing. I get what you're saying but I think schools look deeper into it then that.

That said I could be dead wrong I have no inside info or anything.

Liestikow says there is one more WR and one RB departing for sure, won't release names before they announce.
I hope the WR leaving is not Vines but I'm afraid it might be. When he finally got healthy he showed some potential. As for the RB, someone mentioned Hilson, that could be a logical choice. But I won't be surprised if it is either of the Williams although from the outside I don't see why Leshun would want to leave.

I hope the WR leaving is not Vines but I'm afraid it might be. When he finally got healthy he showed some potential. As for the RB, someone mentioned Hilson, that could be a logical choice. But I won't be surprised if it is either of the Williams although from the outside I don't see why Leshun would want to leave.

I'm hoping it's not Vines. At RB I'm ok with anyone not named Kaleb Johnson entering the portal.

Fair warning (Fry & InGood), I might freak out a bit if it is Kaleb Johnson.

Remember the Ghost of Charlie Jones....

Yall are just crapping on player caught in the nightmare of BF 2022 version.

Honestly would you stay in a crap department managed by an idiot that brought in a questionable hotshot colleage who got fired from his last job due to health issues to make you feel better?

It's bleeding and that bleeding caused the ER to at least put on a bandaid.

BF is still the Wizard of OZ...in control.

Here is one way to frame it - as seen on twitter

" So Iowa has lost 21 total receptions from this season to the transfer portal. Not fun to see guys leave but there will be newcomers. "

not sure that's a valid analysis but an interesting take

Am I wrong that Bruce woulda/coulda/shoulda been a real asset to a regular type Ferentz team? I thought he looked pretty tenacious at times last season. Decent receiver, with some flexibility.

Kirk's not one for a lot of gadgetry, but he did inherit from his predecessor that desire to occasionally run a well timed reverse or similar semi-gadgety type play with a guy like Bruce out of the backfield. Sometimes it was devastatingly successful, sometimes it's been just devastating.

This year, it was devastating every time. I don't think it worked once and became just another in the pile of negative yard plays. Which sucked. Cause I thought he was gonna show off some of that flexibility this year. Which also shows you what I know about football.

Any chance Cade changes his mind by the 5th after seeing his entire supporting cast on the way out? Although there is probably an equally great chance that his presence brings some WR's in through the portal.

Also, I'm using this post to happily eat my words from a few days ago that "Cade McNamara is not coming to Iowa"

I was wrong and I'm very ok with that.

I think you are ultimately right here.....doing some further reading this morning...it is entirely possible that these guys are also leaving because they know what may be coming in to replace them....I'm seeing rumors it is possible WRs from Alabama and Ohio St coming to Iowa that Cade is reaching out to.

If so....and take it a step further and we get a new OC.....Iowa may go from a dumpster of an offense to a respectable one.

That sounds like a pipe dream if all true, but hey don’t wake me up I am enjoying it.

Any chance Cade changes his mind by the 5th after seeing his entire supporting cast on the way out? Although there is probably an equally great chance that his presence brings some WR's in through the portal.

Also, I'm using this post to happily eat my words from a few days ago that "Cade McNamara is not coming to Iowa"

I was wrong and I'm very ok with that.

Meh. He can throw it to Lachey 467 times.

I really want to know what is going on behind the scenes regarding addressing 2 straight years of offensive putridity. Because if it is just, "We are going to do the same thing, but work at it even harder," I will be going into the season very pessimistic.
Yep. Hard sell if BF stays as OC and we just work harder at a terrible plan. I wouldn't buy it if I was a young kid with a brain.

I'm hoping it's not Vines. At RB I'm ok with anyone not named Kaleb Johnson entering the portal.

Fair warning (Fry & InGood), I might freak out a bit if it is Kaleb Johnson.

I think we'd all love to see Johnson with a steadier passing game and a more robust offensive line.

Yes, but Jones didn't set the world on fire as a WR at Iowa and is now first-team all Big10. Time will tell, Bruce may be closer to Tracy, but Tracy still got a Big10 scholarship at another school.

There is power in truth. Excellent points here.

So Bruce is another Charlie Jones? He is going to light the world on fire with another team?

Damn guys, do you watch the games at all?????
Either way, what does it say? Coaches can't recruit game changers.... or don't know how to use one. Some of the comments about Charlie were insane was he was walking out the door.

Either way, what does it say? Coaches can't recruit game changers.... or don't know how to use one. Some of the comments about Charlie were insane was he was walking out the door.

When Jones announced he was leaving we were all in shock, we all had planned on him being a big part of the offense this year as it was obvious he was a playmaker. We have not seen that from Bruce, his best game this year as a receiver was against SDSU and the only touchdown he scored was against Nevada (receiving). He was the starting WR and didn't do crap and I get it's not all on him but I don't see a big play maker here and I'll be surprised if KSU is really after him. The fumble against Nebraska likely cost Iowa the game!

I need English if I’m gonna respond. I know you have plenty of time on your hands sitting at Dave’s Place in Eureka drinking Rolling Rock; put a frickin' paragraph together using pronouns, articles, and prepositions so people can understand you. If you’re too hammered at 8AM Cali time to type coherently, it ain’t our problem.

Don’t give us any BS excuses, Earl.

You don’t walk into a grocery store and say, “Me! Paper towels want, money here is!

Put ten seconds of effort in, dammit. It’s not hard; type words the way you would say them to someone standing in front of you.

In my younger days I worked at a convenience store in Muscatine, Iowa called Petro N Provisions. The graveyard shift was full of interesting people. Guys comes puts an item on the counter. I tell him the cost. In his glazed over eyes and spaced out look he reaches into his pockets and pulls out nothing. He then just stares off into space for several minutes. “Sir that will be $6.35 please?” He reaches into his pants pocket again and pulls out nothing. I ask him again and he repeats the same behavior. Finally he just leaves the items on the counter and walks out of the store.

Those of you familiar with the Grand view store means you know the area. One night I see two guy walking toward the store when suddenly they take off running like a bat out of hell! Seconds later a police car quickly pulls up and the police officer rushes in to see if I am ok. He tells me that the clerk at another nearby store over heard the two guys talking about robbing the store where I worked. I pointed the direction I which the two guys ran and he jumped into his car and took off that same directions. That was my last night working there and working at convenience stores.

My customers liked me quite a bit. Toward the end of my shift I was suppose to change out the hotdogs and popcorn and throw it away. Hell no!!! I would ask customers if they wanted it for free instead of just throwing it away. One guy left with a large paper bag full of popcorn for free and the next guy left with six free hotdogs. You know those people that I gave that stuff to became the biggest return customers we ever had. When you show appreciation, sometimes customers show their’s.

Latest posts