Bruce Is In The Portal

You know if getting rid of Brian would mean losing this Michigan quarterback then I am good with that.

So Bruce is another Charlie Jones? He is going to light the world on fire with another team?

Damn guys, do you watch the games at all?????

That guys made some great catches when ever the ball actually was catchable. He wasn’t the problem. Didn’t you learn that from Charlie?

Brian has to go!!!! If Parker would stay then any offensive coordinator would be an improvement. If Parker would stick around then it wouldn’t really matter if both Father and Son left. They both have been riding defensive coordinators backs since they have been here.

When Jones announced he was leaving we were all in shock, we all had planned on him being a big part of the offense this year as it was obvious he was a playmaker. We have not seen that from Bruce, his best game this year as a receiver was against SDSU and the only touchdown he scored was against Nevada (receiving). He was the starting WR and didn't do crap and I get it's not all on him but I don't see a big play maker here and I'll be surprised if KSU is really after him. The fumble against Nebraska likely cost Iowa the game!
It's fair, but we've seen so many situations where KF just didn't use players properly. Maybe he isn't cut out. Maybe he is. I wouldn't expect Tracy to go in and be a torch for Purdue as they already do a pretty good job of developing receivers. Their receivers aren't in my opinion super at making separation as they are at knowing where to be which against Iowa historically has been routing under Iowa coverage on crossing routes just like Nebby tried to do. Nico I believe is pretty good at that. As are the TE's 1 and 2. They may be the best 2 TE's we've had in some ways as TE/Wrs like Kittle. In some ways LaPorta was more like Kittle now than Kittle was at Iowa.

I admit it's fun talking about how the Hawks got here and where it might go. As I have OFT said... never overestimate KF, but don't underestimate him either. The conservative boring old guy has always had surprises. Some good, some...

So Bruce is another Charlie Jones? He is going to light the world on fire with another team?

Damn guys, do you watch the games at all?????
Have you seen Jone's receiving stats at Iowa? He had 21 receptions for 323 yards, didn't light the world on fire until this year at Purdue.

I hope the WR leaving is not Vines but I'm afraid it might be. When he finally got healthy he showed some potential. As for the RB, someone mentioned Hilson, that could be a logical choice. But I won't be surprised if it is either of the Williams although from the outside I don't see why Leshun would want to leave
Vines is still deciding.

I think you are ultimately right here.....doing some further reading this morning...it is entirely possible that these guys are also leaving because they know what may be coming in to replace them....I'm seeing rumors it is possible WRs from Alabama and Ohio St coming to Iowa that Cade is reaching out to.

If so....and take it a step further and we get a new OC.....Iowa may go from a dumpster of an offense to a respectable one.
I hope they all have 2+ years of eligibility to learn the playbook.

I need English if I’m gonna respond. I know you have plenty of time on your hands sitting at Dave’s Place in Eureka drinking Rolling Rock; put a frickin' paragraph together using pronouns, articles, and prepositions so people can understand you. If you’re too hammered at 8AM Cali time to type coherently, it ain’t our problem.

Don’t give us any BS excuses, Earl.

You don’t walk into a grocery store and say, “Me! Paper towels want, money here is!

Put ten seconds of effort in, dammit. It’s not hard; type words the way you would say them to someone standing in front of you.

1670011071872.png

Perhaps Earl just went to the wrong establishment for Paper towels

Remember the Ghost of Charlie Jones....

Yall are just crapping on player caught in the nightmare of BF 2022 version.

Honestly would you stay in a crap department managed by an idiot that brought in a questionable hotshot colleage who got fired from his last job due to health issues to make you feel better?

It's bleeding and that bleeding caused the ER to at least put on a bandaid.

BF is still the Wizard of OZ...in control.
This is my concern as well regardless of whatever talent is coming in with Cade. Tbh, we could bring in a handful of all-american WR's and RB's, but whatever numbers they produced before entering the portal will still need to be adjusted to life with BF at the helm.

This is my concern as well regardless of whatever talent is coming in with Cade. Tbh, we could bring in a handful of all-american WR's and RB's, but whatever numbers they produced before entering the portal will still need to be adjusted to life with BF at the helm.
They probably won't know the plays for at least a year :rolleyes:

That guys made some great catches when ever the ball actually was catchable. He wasn’t the problem. Didn’t you learn that from Charlie?

Brian has to go!!!! If Parker would stay then any offensive coordinator would be an improvement. If Parker would stick around then it wouldn’t really matter if both Father and Son left. They both have been riding defensive coordinators backs since they have been here.

If only Iowa could get one who could get the offense under 100!!

I need English if I’m gonna respond. I know you have plenty of time on your hands sitting at Dave’s Place in Eureka drinking Rolling Rock; put a frickin' paragraph together using pronouns, articles, and prepositions so people can understand you. If you’re too hammered at 8AM Cali time to type coherently, it ain’t our problem.

Don’t give us any BS excuses, Earl.

You don’t walk into a grocery store and say, “Me! Paper towels want, money here is!

Put ten seconds of effort in, dammit. It’s not hard; type words the way you would say them to someone standing in front of you.
Wow I utter! Sign Procter Asap...Then bring back Morgan! Ken came back huh? Ken welcome in my book! Iowa has great local talent! Keep em. Go Hawks. It's now Pacifico. Yellow can.

In my younger days I worked at a convenience store in Muscatine, Iowa called Petro N Provisions. The graveyard shift was full of interesting people. Guys comes puts an item on the counter. I tell him the cost. In his glazed over eyes and spaced out look he reaches into his pockets and pulls out nothing. He then just stares off into space for several minutes. “Sir that will be $6.35 please?” He reaches into his pants pocket again and pulls out nothing. I ask him again and he repeats the same behavior. Finally he just leaves the items on the counter and walks out of the store.

Those of you familiar with the Grand view store means you know the area. One night I see two guy walking toward the store when suddenly they take off running like a bat out of hell! Seconds later a police car quickly pulls up and the police officer rushes in to see if I am ok. He tells me that the clerk at another nearby store over heard the two guys talking about robbing the store where I worked. I pointed the direction I which the two guys ran and he jumped into his car and took off that same directions. That was my last night working there and working at convenience stores.

My customers liked me quite a bit. Toward the end of my shift I was suppose to change out the hotdogs and popcorn and throw it away. Hell no!!! I would ask customers if they wanted it for free instead of just throwing it away. One guy left with a large paper bag full of popcorn for free and the next guy left with six free hotdogs. You know those people that I gave that stuff to became the biggest return customers we ever had. When you show appreciation, sometimes customers show their’s.
I worked convenience stores when I was young and people just don't realize how dangerous the job is in most stores where your the only clerk working. For some reason convenience stores bring in the "weirdo's" that's why I like the movie "Clerks" cause they got it right. Can't tell you how many times people tried to intimidate me into giving them free things or not carding them or out right stealing. You deal with the lowest level of society like the can hunters and then the Karen's of the world trying to get you fired for doing you job or not kissing their ass. I like the newer models of the stores with multiple employees in well lit stores and clean isles, they're the only ones I'll shop at. I did find giving out free things never ended well or letting people "hang out" was always a bad ideal. People always tried to take advantage of you eventually.

I worked convenience stores when I was young and people just don't realize how dangerous the job is in most stores where your the only clerk working. For some reason convenience stores bring in the "weirdo's" that's why I like the movie "Clerks" cause they got it right. Can't tell you how many times people tried to intimidate me into giving them free things or not carding them or out right stealing. You deal with the lowest level of society like the can hunters and then the Karen's of the world trying to get you fired for doing you job or not kissing their ass. I like the newer models of the stores with multiple employees in well lit stores and clean isles, they're the only ones I'll shop at. I did find giving out free things never ended well or letting people "hang out" was always a bad ideal. People always tried to take advantage of you eventually.

Lol, it’s a world of its own. Came into the store I covered on my day off. Was getting nervous when there was no clerk in sight. Store was totally unmonitored. Finally went into the cooler thinking is the girl lying on the floor dead or what?

Well, I did find her on the floor with a customer, having sex with him. She begged me not to report it as she knew I personally new the owner of the convenience store chain. My best friend worked at another store and he was cousins to the owner.

She offered fringe benefits, which was only digging her grave deeper. I let her know I wasn’t interested in that, but I told her it better not ever happen again. I was giving out popcorn and hot dogs while she was giving out other things.

They should do a reality show on convenience store life. I was in my early twenty’s and into body building. The cougars would come into the store ranging in ages from 35-50 and proposition me, even if a co-worker was with me during shift change over. The women didn’t care.

Not surprised. His body language was of a guy super frustrated all year long. He got the shit beat out of him and only caught 19 passes.... I would be frustrated, too.

Latest posts