Brommer- out of control of body

TalkHawk

Maybe he has gotten thicker or put on some weight.

He is so out of control of his body. 3 fouls in 12 minutes, falling on the court numerous times over himself.

Big guys like that usually don't try to take charges- they block shots. He is just going to get terrorized on the defensive end all year.

Maybe he's the best kid in the world....maybe he's a road scholar..... which would be outstanding. Just unfair that he has to try to play D1 basketball.

He is so out of control of his body. 3 fouls in 12 minutes, falling on the court numerous times over himself.

Big guys like that usually don't try to take charges- they block shots. He is just going to get terrorized on the defensive end all year.

Maybe he's the best kid in the world....maybe he's a road scholar..... which would be outstanding. Just unfair that he has to try to play D1 basketball.

I like Brommer too...just hard to watch him play sometimes....

I think he is useful for 10-15 minutes a game. We really don't have anything else. His offensive game looked better today at least. He is quite a klutz though.

Worse player on the team. He got beat so many times defensively I lost track. Offensively he offers nothing . I honestly thought they'd be better just playing 4 at times and leaving him on the bench.

No Brommer is ok. I liked some of the things we saw out there. We have NEVER seen that out of Brommer. I liked the aggression. He does need to learn to control it and come up with some better moves, but that will come with experience. He will be one of the most improved players this season by the time it is over. I have faith...

Basically you have to looked it like this, he is a freshman coming out of the vice grip that was clamped on him by coach Lackluster. He was completely beaten down for the first 2 years of his career. Confidence shattered.
The Franimal et al are having to break down his game and build him back up. There is definitely room for Brommer on this team. He just needs the proper guidance and coaching. We have the coaching staff to instill it now...

Brommer was actually a solid contributer last night. He showed a nice drop step as well as a nice power move to his strong hand to counter. As long as he has two moves, one to each side, there is no reason he won't continue to be effective provided we get him the ball in good spots. He also rebounded well tonight.

He's certainly not the most athletic or talented guy in the world but he's not the waste some claim him to be either.

Brommer was actually a solid contributer last night. He showed a nice drop step as well as a nice power move to his strong hand to counter. As long as he has two moves, one to each side, there is no reason he won't continue to be effective provided we get him the ball in good spots. He also rebounded well tonight.

He's certainly not the most athletic or talented guy in the world but he's not the waste some claim him to be either.

Broemer is not very good. Fran would have never given him a second look in the recruiting process, he is just stuck with him. I agree he will need to contribute this season out of necessity but we need him as a rebounder and he showed last year that he can't rebound against the more athletic teams in the big ten

...He's certainly not the most athletic or talented guy in the world but he's not the waste some claim him to be either.

It seems like a huge range of opinions on Brommer in this thread, how does he compare with Marcello Gomes?

Brommmer was the most consistant finisher in the paint of all our bigs yesterday. He also was not beaten on D nearly as badly as any of our wing players. Of all the things to complain about in yesterdays game, I didn't think Brommer was one of them.

He plays like a big, clumsy dog who got inside the house and runs around knocking everything over. Can't fault his hustle, he just needs to harness the energy.

I agree he will need to contribute this season out of necessity but we need him as a rebounder and he showed last year that he can't rebound against the more athletic teams in the big ten

Cause no one's ever improved over the course of ther career right? :rolleyes:

Again no one is going to confuse Brommer with Blake Griffin, but to say he's a waste, or to ignore the things he did well because of the things he doesn't is stupd.

He got the ball seven times on the low block last night. He went strong to the hole on all seven and was effective doing so. He also had a couple of boards in 12 min. He also threw around his considerable girth. He gave us solid back up minuites.

Worse player on the team. He got beat so many times defensively I lost track. Offensively he offers nothing . I honestly thought they'd be better just playing 4 at times and leaving him on the bench.
He is most definitely not the worst player on the team. Not by a long shot.

Andrew will be valuable to this team down the road, you'll see.

He won't be an All-Big Ten player this year, but he will be useful.

Cause no one's ever improved over the course of ther career right? :rolleyes:

Again no one is going to confuse Brommer with Blake Griffin, but to say he's a waste, or to ignore the things he did well because of the things he doesn't is stupd.

He got the ball seven times on the low block last night. He went strong to the hole on all seven and was effective doing so. He also had a couple of boards in 12 min. He also threw around his considerable girth. He gave us solid back up minuites.

Again, against a middle of the pack Summit League team. If you ever read any of my posts on here I am pretty reasonable. If by solid you mean in a losing effort to SDSU then yes that was solid. I will agree with you when in January he can so some of that against teams like Indiana, Penn St ..... teams we may be able to beat. I hope so, I just don't see him doing it. He is not a waste of space because he does occupy some on the court.

I'd like to propose a new drinking game for Iowa b-ball. You have to drink every time Andrew hits the deck. I swear he was prostrate for more of the game than he was upright. It was ridiculous to the point of me laughing.

That said, the whole team was tighter than a drum yesterday. I've seen fewer layups missed by first graders.

He is most definitely not the worst player on the team. Not by a long shot.

Andrew will be valuable to this team down the road, you'll see.

He won't be an All-Big Ten player this year, but he will be useful.

Agreed. He's not even the worst scholarship player on the team.

I haven't read this entire thread but I disagree with those of you who weren't pleased with Brommer's performance. The fact that he actually resembles a player who belongs on the court this year is good progress. I think he will go as his confidence goes. He has some weaknesses: getting out of position on defense, foul trouble, and passing (vision). BUT, he wanted the ball in the post and used a nice post move to score. He altered some shots on defense as well. He is a player who brings energy and as he learns how to best use his skills I think he will continue to bring more to the team. If he can be a 5 pt/5 reb a game player and make a couple hustle plays then I think that is a role this team definitely needs from him this year. It would be great if he can step up and give us an 8 pt/8 reb performance next year.

The Big Ten had better watch out for the big white center with a shooting sleeve! Dear lord that was embarrassing....