Brian isn't going anywhere

My point makes too much sense, but there is no point trying to explain it to you because you wouldn't understand. You are the very poster who hit the roof about four years ago when I pointed out that Iowa has averaged more points in the Ferentz era then Hayden's. Points win games, and I don't give a F if Kirk doesn't score them as sexy as Hayden did. When he has to, we have seen Kirk win shootouts. He did it all time in the Stanley era if you (gulp) checked facts. The CJ and Stanzi eras as well. Not so much in the Petras era because he knew we had the defense and special teams to carry the offense. If you want to use recency bias, then yes, he let a couple wins get away in 2022 by playing too close to the vest. But he steals more than he lets get away.
As my old friend Steve B. used to say, “old Hawk” is a “waste of food.”.
Been a Hawkeye fan for over 50 years.
This offense is more painful to watch than Bob Comming's Wing T.
It is truly beyond belief that any coach would not make changes.
I would welcome a return to the Wing T with rule blocking at this point.

Hey Fry, you seem to have a pretty good perspective on things. How do we reconcile successful recruitment of McNamara with continuation of BF as offensive coordinator? Hard to believe McNamara would agree to more of last season's offensive style & production. Do you suppose McNamara was promised there would be significant change? Perhaps the coaching staff has more optimism about progress of O line as compared to what the O line accomplished last season.
What are your thoughts surrounding maintaining status quo on offensive side of the ball?
Good question.

Got some good transfers plugging some holes, have some quality guys coming back. Would not be possible to rank this low again next year, right?

lawsuit

You can't continue to drag it out much longer. Sign the non-disclosure agreements and pay whoever. Brian has an escape hatch and we can all move on.
Exactly. This still has to be settled. I can't believe Brian comes out of this looking good.

Hey Fry, you seem to have a pretty good perspective on things. How do we reconcile successful recruitment of McNamara with continuation of BF as offensive coordinator? Hard to believe McNamara would agree to more of last season's offensive style & production. Do you suppose McNamara was promised there would be significant change? Perhaps the coaching staff has more optimism about progress of O line as compared to what the O line accomplished last season.
What are your thoughts surrounding maintaining status quo on offensive side of the ball?
I can't believe Cade transfered with the understanding Brian still being OC. Not gonna believe that one bit.

Welp caught up on the expected news of finally confirmed of no new changes out of Kirk and Gary Barta. Shocker.

Go out on a limb......if Barta is still around when Kirk hangs up.....Brian is the new head coach.

Rinse and repeat.mom not going to let Kirk sent the grand kids to another state when it’s not costing the family business any money lol

Only thing in the press conference transcript is if you read his statement backwards and skip every third letter it states this. KF: just like to the opportunity to tell all Hawkeye fans to F off! I own this team and I will never be fired because Gary's my bitch and I'll never quit and Brian bill be your next Head coach one day!

As my old friend Steve B. used to say, “old Hawk” is a “waste of food.”.

I would welcome a return to the Wing T with rule blocking at this point.
Can you picture this offensive staff teaching a QB how to read his defensive keys to run it correctly?:)

Got some good transfers plugging some holes, have some quality guys coming back. Would not be possible to rank this low again next year, right?
If we can plug holes at LB, our defense might be even better next year if that's even possible.

Losing Jacobs is a crusher, but Jemari Harris returns and he will be an upgrade over Moss. Trust me. Nwampka may be even better than Merriweather. In fact with DeJean this might be the best secondary we've had since Sanders/Considine/Antwan Allen.

But back to your point. As long as Kirk is comfortable with how stingy the defense is, he isn't going to get fancy with the offense. He just isnt.

Only thing in the press conference transcript is if you read his statement backwards and skip every third letter it states this. KF: just like to the opportunity to tell all Hawkeye fans to F off! I own this team and I will never be fired because Gary's my bitch and I'll never quit and Brian bill be your next Head coach one day!
Can we put this narrative to rest. One last time, this is Kirk's livelihood. He coaches to win, not to give the fans and state the finger. Do you think he has time when game planning for the next opponent or when Brian goes through the play sheet to stop and think "OK, let's see how I can give the fans the finger this time?" If the boosters have his back, as opposed to Chryst at Wisconsin, then good for him for having the instincts and foresight to see where the bread is buttered.

In a post millennial world where people demand change at the first sign of adversity, Kirk stands out like a dinosaur. This, along with his smugness and control of local media, is what really gets under people's skin.

If you don't like it, don't attend, don't watch, and dont post. Or if you post at least change the narrative. There are more legit issues to criticize Kirk on than this one.

I can't believe Cade transfered with the understanding Brian still being OC. Not gonna believe that one bit.
I'd like to have been a fly on the wall of his quick recruitment to Iowa as well.. I guess remember that Cade needed somewhere to go too. I figured he'd have had plenty of good offers but that doesn't necessarily mean they'd be great fits for him. I'm perplexed by it too. But if say Cade were to leave right quick and flat out say hey this wasn't what was promised to me then we'd know.

I hope that doesn't happen. None of us want that chaos happening now but either way I'm just bummed Brian is gonna be back. Not surprised though. Not even remotely. Just bummed..

Can we put this narrative to rest. One last time, this is Kirk's livelihood. He coaches to win, not to give the fans and state the finger. Do you think he has time when game planning for the next opponent or when Brian goes through the play sheet to stop and think "OK, let's see how I can give the fans the finger this time?" If the boosters have his back, as opposed to Chryst at Wisconsin, then good for him for having the instincts and foresight to see where the bread is buttered.

In a post millennial world where people demand change at the first sign of adversity, Kirk stands out like a dinosaur. This, along with his smugness and control of local media, is what really gets under people's skin.

If you don't like it, don't attend, don't watch, and dont post. Or if you post at least change the narrative. There are more legit issues to criticize Kirk on than this one.
I am a Hawk fan thru and thru, and your suggestion is exactly what I am considering. I have not renewed my 8 tickets yet, and as hard as it is for me, may not. I have been a season ticket holder for a long time, given the the University a lot of money (maybe my opinion only), and can't believe that Gary B didn't fire a consistently underperforming employee. His poor history should have demanded it.

I am a Hawk fan thru and thru, and your suggestion is exactly what I am considering. I have not renewed my 8 tickets yet, and as hard as it is for me, may not. I have been a season ticket holder for a long time, given the the University a lot of money (maybe my opinion only), and can't believe that Gary B didn't fire a consistently underperforming employee. His poor history should have demanded it.
Sorry, but if you think Gary Farta has the power to fire Brian, you don't know how this thing works.

Just because someone is your boss on paper, it doesn't make him or her your boss in practice.

That's your choice. You're a grown adult. As the music talk show host Eddie Trunk tells his listeners when they think a band doesn't have it anymore or ticket prices are too high; "Vote with your wallet".

Four truer words were never spoken. You are the consumer, you have the power here.

That's your choice. You're a grown adult. As the music talk show host Eddie Trunk tells his listeners when they think a band doesn't have it anymore or ticket prices are too high; "Vote with your wallet".

Four truer words were never spoken. You are the consumer, you have the power here.
100% nobody is wrong by by doing that. Only we as individuals can say what something like that is worth to us.