Brian isn't going anywhere

Thread title say's it all!
BF going nowhere.
KF going nowhere.
O- line coach going nowhere.
Only thing that is going somewhere is the team and the powers that be will make sure we fans get to live it with them. Irrelevance ! What an agonizing slow ride it will be. No need to buckle up as of now or even later when it builds up speed as some of would rather not live through the crash. The west is the biggest pile of hot garbage and all teams in it suck so bad and KF couldn't even muster enough to even win it when it was down. With any top 75 offense this team would of been 9-2 and respectable but not with this leadership! Sorry but football has evolved but not Kirk.

I hope we're wrong but it will erode little by little and then all at once. The repuation is alreay preceeding the coaches. Not sure what they're selling recruits. OLine recruits can hold on to something. QB and WR? Not sure what .... awe nevermind. its all been said before.

I've concluded that Brian will stay and what Kirk is saying, without saying it is this: The players we had were not good enough and we are changing the players we need to change. We've upgraded and filled gaps in QB, TE, WR, OL and Linebacker.

Others will say that he's doubling down on what doesn't work very well.

Keep in mind Kirk does not have high goals for his offenses.. Just get 17-21 points a game. Its frustrating but I think thats the truth

Last edited:
I've concluded that Brian will stay and what Kirk is saying, without saying it is this: The players we had were not good enough and we are changing the players we need to change. We've upgraded and filled gaps in QB, TE, WR, OL and Linebacker.

Keep in mind Kirk does not have high goals for his offenses.. Just get 17-21 points a game. Its frustrating but I think thats the truth
There's probably a 50/50 chance that the players just sucked, regardless of who coaches them. The problem with that is the coaches recruited those players, so they're still at fault.

It's still possible that the coaches just had a couple years in a row of an abnormal amount of recruiting misses and an abnormal amount of kids leaving (some good players quit football due to injuries). But now we are getting into way less than it being 50/50 that the coaches were the problem one way or the other. It's still possible. But I'm not too confident that the players these coaches bring in will end up being good in the system these coaches run.

If they could just score 21 or more every game, they'd win almost all of them, strangely.

There's probably a 50/50 chance that the players just sucked, regardless of who coaches them. The problem with that is the coaches recruited those players, so they're still at fault.

It's still possible that the coaches just had a couple years in a row of an abnormal amount of recruiting misses and an abnormal amount of kids leaving (some good players quit football due to injuries). But now we are getting into way less than it being 50/50 that the coaches were the problem one way or the other. It's still possible. But I'm not too confident that the players these coaches bring in will end up being good in the system these coaches run.
Just no. Frentz has never had a championship offense.

Just no. Frentz has never had a championship offense.
Iowa was Number 7 in 2002. 34 in 2008. 86 in 2009. 37 in 2004. D was 24 in 2002.

Best year was with dual-threat QB and he never went back. Maybe he thought it hurt the D? Who knows.

In 02 Hawks played 9 ranked teams. 4 top 10. All but 2 top 15.

Iowa was Number 7 in 2002. 34 in 2008. 86 in 2009. 37 in 2004. D was 24 in 2002.

Best year was with dual-threat QB and he never went back. Maybe he thought it hurt the D? Who knows.

In 02 Hawks played 9 ranked teams. 4 top 10. All but 2 top 15.
Wow, that has to be among the toughest schedules in the history of Iowa football.

Alabama is looking for a new OC.
Brian?
They were after the OC from Kingsley Iowa that's out at Washington. But he'd just signed a really lucrative extension to stay out there and he decided he'd stay. (of course Bama folks will spin it as they didn't offer/really want him)

Your beloved Fry once scored nine and twelve respectively vs Michigan and won them both.
Not sure of your point. If you are cherry picking the Fry offense to validate it was no better than Ferentz offenses than you need alzheimers medication because there is absolutely zero comparison

Not sure of your point. If you are cherry picking the Fry offense to validate it was no better than Ferentz offenses than you need alzheimers medication because there is absolutely zero comparison
My point makes too much sense, but there is no point trying to explain it to you because you wouldn't understand. You are the very poster who hit the roof about four years ago when I pointed out that Iowa has averaged more points in the Ferentz era then Hayden's. Points win games, and I don't give a F if Kirk doesn't score them as sexy as Hayden did. When he has to, we have seen Kirk win shootouts. He did it all time in the Stanley era if you (gulp) checked facts. The CJ and Stanzi eras as well. Not so much in the Petras era because he knew we had the defense and special teams to carry the offense. If you want to use recency bias, then yes, he let a couple wins get away in 2022 by playing too close to the vest. But he steals more than he lets get away.

Is the lawsuit against Brian hurting us in recruiting talent on the offensive side of the ball? I think it is.
Is it? I rarely think about it. I doubt kids keep up with that stuff. 24/7 news cycle has that as old news until it's in court again. I mean if other schools are negatively recruiting against him bringing it up all the time then perhaps. I haven't heard of any kid saying that but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

Not the Michigan, penn st or ohio st games. You know, the ones that really matter
Yes, those crossover games (which matter LESS than West division games in terms of getting to the big ten championship game), are outliers in which Iowa MAY need to score more than 21 points to win, but check out these records in the Iowa v PSU series. Many games are won and lost in the teens and low 20s.

In 10 out of 16 games below, PSU scored 21 or less... in the last three games between the teams (to account for Franklin's offense here), PSU scored 21 or less all three years.

1675270445099.png

Latest posts