Brian Ferentz

Ummmmm... he could still lose his next 2 and end up with EXACTLY the same record, you idiot. Logic and statistical probability sure are difficult concepts, aren't they? You do realize that Kirk hasn't won a bowl game in 4 years, right genius?

He "could" also win the next two bowl games. Using "probability" when you don't know who your opponent is or what kind of team we have at the end of the year is idiotic.

I think its too early to compare Hayden's record with Brian Ferentz. Maybe a few years down the road we can but not yet.

You guys are pretty stupid. First off, you need to wait to see if Kirk loses either of his next 2 (assuming he even makes another one). Then you would need to compare the relative difficulty of the games (Hayden playing the Pac 10 champion 3 times in the Rose Bowl, for example, while Kirk has failed to qualify even once for that illustrious game). It's fairly pathetic that I have to walk you through basic concepts like this, but I don't mind. It's how people learn. You might want to start taking notes at this point.

While you are technically correct, the BCS has changed things. While it used to be that the Big 10 champ played the Pac 10 champ every year, that typically is no longer the case. Kirk would have made the Rose Bowl in his career but was directed to another game due to BCS considerations. Who can forget the scene in 2002 at Minnesota with Brad Banks carrying around a rose after the win? And then, the BCS told them they had to play at the Orange Bowl.

Since this turned into a Hayden Fry vs KF..... Hayden Fry is a Legend for reasons that transcend statistics. Unless something miraculously changes for KF.. his legacy will be all but forgotten after he leaves
That usually happens when a guy coaches in the same place for 20 years.

Hayden was 6-7-1 in bowl games while Kirk is 6-5. Not really sure how you come to that conclusion.

KF has had 2 bowl losses by more than 7 points (USC, Oklahoma). JHF teams were never within 7 points in ANY Rose Bowl.

KF has been better than JHF when it comes to bowls, no question about it.

JHF, however, had fewer "bad" losses...

For the total entertainment package, both on and off the field, there is no contest in my mind.........Hayden Fry by many horse lengths.

Now, back to Brian Ferentz. Somebody help him out here.

KF has had 2 bowl losses by more than 7 points (USC, Oklahoma). JHF teams were never within 7 points in ANY Rose Bowl.

KF has been better than JHF when it comes to bowls, no question about it.

JHF, however, had fewer "bad" losses...

On the other hand, both coaches enjoyed three bowl wins by 10 points or more.
(HF: Texas, Washington, Texas Tech) (KF: FL, South Carolina, GaTech)

Ummmmm... he could still lose his next 2 and end up with EXACTLY the same record, you idiot. Logic and statistical probability sure are difficult concepts, aren't they? You do realize that Kirk hasn't won a bowl game in 4 years, right genius?

I am sensing some serious KF hate here, but do you really think KF is bad enough to go 0-2-1 in his next 2 bowl games to end up with the same record as HF?

As far as BF goes, if he pans out to be the best possible candidate to lead the Hawks for the next two decades, then so be it.

Could happen. He's lost two bowls in a row twice.

He certainly could, and IF that would happen, that would make he EVEN with Hayden in bowl games. Currently he is ahead of how Hayden's teams performed in bowl games, that is undeniable, and like I have said several times it is simply math that proves this.

As far as Brian goes, I like that he has the professionalism of his father, but the aggressiveness of a younger man who was on coach Billichick's staff.

A football coach is supposed to be reserved. Running your mouth doesn't give you a competitive edge, so why do it? To make fans uhappy? Maybe a guy like Paul Rhoades has to be a troll to placate his fans since he can't coach, but Iowa coaches shouldn't need to do that.

Yep, I'm not a huge bf fan

Latest posts