Brian Ferentz Tells It Like It Is...

Brian definitely deserves some Props for the resurgent Offensive line, this season.
They're playing better, as a unit, this early than anyone expected.

#goHawks

Loved the comment from his old man about Brian being "very opinionated" about Iowa football when he was coaching at the Patriots. Sounds like he was invested long before he stepped back on campus.

Brian definitely deserves some Props for the resurgent Offensive line, this season.

#goHawks

They aren't playing any different. 1. The playcalling is better. 2. The QB is better and 3. They aren't trying to create space for a fullback playing RB.

They aren't playing any different. 1. The playcalling is better. 2. The QB is better and 3. They aren't trying to create space for a fullback playing RB.

Considering we had to replace the starting right tackle and last year's Outland winner, I'd say that's a pretty solid accomplishment.

I would estimate that Brian has had a significant impact on the changes we have seen in the program, most especially on offense. I am not really surprised that it took someone like Brian, who KF likely trusts to have KF's and the program's best interests at heart, to encourage a new look at the football program. Of course, as discussed above, a QB who has the skill set that allows us to do much more, makes a big difference. Check out the line blocking schemes this year, as opposed to 2014 and before. Yeah, still a lot of zone, which is great. But, more pulling linemen, more variations with multiple tight ends, more misdirection, etc. Fun stuff.

Good story. Enjoyed that.

Brian appears to have more of a potty mouth than his dad, at least his dad in public. Doesn't offend me and his passionate directness is refreshing. Guessing, tho, that if he wants to become OC and eventually HC, he's probably going to need to clean that up.

Which begs an interesting question. If Kurt retires in teh next 3-4 years, would anyone object to Brian being named his replacement?t

At this point, my answer would be no. Brian strikes me as having moar of a Hayden Fry approach to Iowa football .

Last edited:

#goHawks

That and the fact that adding a "Run Game Coordinator" has definitely helped our rushing.

I like it...

I like how he admitted the offense was as (bad word he used) as it could have been last week. He didn't try to spin it or play that game.

However he better put some quarters in that swear jar!

Great article.

Winning changes hearts and minds.

I like the changes, but would like to see Brian as OC before I'm ready for succession.

I am guessing that Brian is popular with the kids but somebody that I would find annoying.

You know the type. Smart-*** Know-it-all who thinks who knows everything already instead of spending some time working with different coaches, keeping your mouth shut, and learning and gain experience. Nope, Mr. Brian already knows everything and the only reason he has not been told to STFU is because he is the head coach's son and the chosen one.

Ok, actually I don't know Brian and he actually in reality is very hard working and polite guy who is willing to pay his dues, but all this talk reminds of that guy.

You know, that young gung-ho guy at work who has not learned yet when to keep his mouth shut and annoys the Sh!t out of you. and already thinks he knows everything. Yes, he works harder than you, but sometimes if he would just slow down and listen and stop thinking everybody else is a bunch of lazy idiots, he could learn some things that would make him a better worker.

Latest posts