Brian Ferentz Survivor Show

Our offense is literally a joke. If Brian and Kirk can’t get motivation to try to score more this year then they never will. How were we able to get Cade to come to Iowa? Oh well on to next game. Go Hawks.

Beth. Please. Shitcan your predecessors dumb contract provision. You can still fire BF is you want to at the end of the season. But, look like the adult in the room. Remove the provision. And put out a statement that you don't need an arbitrary provision to determine BF's future with the program. You will consult with the longest tenured coach in college football at year's end and decide together whether to extend Brian or not based upon the results on the field this season.

You would be a hero to most Hawk fans and it would cement your position as the permanent AD. Take control and start to wring out all things Barta from your department.

Could not agree more! The "Drive for 25" national howling is only going to get louder as the season progresses. It needs to be stopped. The focus should to be on the drive to win the West!

Well said NKCH!

WEEK 3
I wonder if people are going to grow tiered of this
These are gold. It's just interesting to see the outsiders 2 cents on it all. They look at it from a macro big picture standpoint and I get it. Totally get it. BF shouldn't have been hired to begin with and everything about where we are now is from the last 6 yrs of building up to it. So the nuances of one or 2 missed plays or a 5th string walk on scoring late don't matter to them. Iowa putting up 35 through 3 quarters on PSU wouldn't' change their minds. Cause then they'd just say do it again.

I don't think we quite realize just how far out on an island Iowa is now due to this BF contract crap. It's definitely turned them into a laughing stock and we have Barta and KF to thank for that.

Beth. Please. Shitcan your predecessors dumb contract provision. You can still fire BF is you want to at the end of the season. But, look like the adult in the room. Remove the provision. And put out a statement that you don't need an arbitrary provision to determine BF's future with the program. You will consult with the longest tenured coach in college football at year's end and decide together whether to extend Brian or not based upon the results on the field this season.

You would be a hero to most Hawk fans and it would cement your position as the permanent AD. Take control and start to wring out all things Barta from your department.
Put this on a social media platform for her to somehow see!!! Has anyone in the media asked her if she as an 'interim' AD has the power to rip up said contract? Maybe she doesn't even though I would think she would. All her openness towards helping the Swarm advertise and raise $ is great. But you shouldn't get too much credit for doing what you obviously should. That was an absolute layup that Barta let her have.

As you said she could make herself a hero had she just ripped that contract up before the season. Maybe she still will. It just sucks cause we can see where this is heading and it's just infuriating.

Put this on a social media platform for her to somehow see!!! Has anyone in the media asked her if she as an 'interim' AD has the power to rip up said contract? Maybe she doesn't even though I would think she would. All her openness towards helping the Swarm advertise and raise $ is great. But you shouldn't get too much credit for doing what you obviously should. That was an absolute layup that Barta let her have.

As you said she could make herself a hero had she just ripped that contract up before the season. Maybe she still will. It just sucks cause we can see where this is heading and it's just infuriating.
Yeah, great idea. Throw one dumb idea by GB and then use your logic to place an interim AD with an impossible dilemma. What are you thinking?

This is making the University a laughing stock? Noooooooo that happened when Brian wasn’t fired last season. That’s what should have happened. I think Barta was more concerned of covering his own ass if Brian craters again this year. Everyone in college football would look at him as nothing more that a puppet to Kirk. Bought and paid for whore. Barta was trying to save face. He likely did the math, looked at the schedule and figured that even Brian could put together a season that meets the requirements. If Brian fails then Barta looks like he wasn’t just a puppet and Brian gets fired. With Barta retiring he won’t have to look Kirk in the face everyday at work if Brian gets canned.

Kind of cowardly if you ask me. Barta’s reputation is covered regardless of how it turns out.

Now having said all of this, Brian can put this BS to bed by putting together an offense that leaves no doubt and shuts up these type of clowns that are mocking him and the football program.

I hope he does it. I hope he gets his shit together not only this year but in many years to come as the OC and eventually as his father’s successor as head coach.

What a great story that would be and I would love it. Why??? Duh!!!! I am a life long Iowa football fan and this would mean Brian turned things around and the team went on to great success on the offensive side of the ball and with Parker putting together his normal defensive successes then we as Iowa Hawkeye fans would be happier that a pig in mud. Snort, snort, chomp, chomp!

It's a different approach. Instead of firing people when things go wrong, you stay loyal to the people you got and try to work the problem. It's a sign how much leverage and good will Kirk Ferentz has built up over the years. Kirk is going to do things his way and does not care what the average fan thinks.

But let's not kid ourselves. Brian"s historically bad performance in 2022 did have consequences. It did not get him fired, but probably messed up Kirk's plan to have Brian take over as head coach when Kirk retires. That shipped has sailed. There is no way Brian will ever be named head coach at Iowa. No way.

Yeah, great idea. Throw one dumb idea by GB and then use your logic to place an interim AD with an impossible dilemma. What are you thinking?
What's impossible about it? Do you mean if she's legally just not able to rip it up? I think it's a fair question to ask her anyway. The media doesn't seem to ask all the relevant questions about things.

What's impossible about it? Do you mean if she's legally just not able to rip it up? I think it's a fair question to ask her anyway. The media doesn't seem to ask all the relevant questions about things.

I thought it was an annual contract anyway, so once the season is over there's no need to rip it up. Just tell the guy he's not getting renewed.

The iowa media are “fans”. Worried about getting their press pass taken away. Worried the coach won’t “like them” anymore. Worried other reporters will talk about them behind their back. Absolutely no reporting, digging for the real story anymore. Having an objective opinion. Just outright worship for the establishment. It’s been that way with the Iowa media for many years

Latest posts