Brian Ferentz - How do you like me now?

Just a question, cause I really don't know. Can BF, as OC, pull the QB or would he need an okay from KF? Does KF demand to be in the loop for that position?

Just finished raking Brian's leaves, and I have to read this shit. Seriously, why don't you do something productive and rake Steven's leaves so I can get my afternoon nap in.
Steven's lawn isn't that big. I think you can handle it, bud.

Over thought this one. BF choked.

And getting cute with the trick plays is okay, but I like an offense that makes those 20 yard TE completions and 8 yard runs down their throat type plays.

Limit the trick plays. Starting to smell of desperation.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I just posted. You know that claiming our defense is top 5 in the country due to our time of possession is total fucking idiocy. Stop being a jackass.

Yards per pass attempt: 61st
Yards per rush attempt: 78th
Yards per play: 66th

I get what you're saying, but if those numbers improve into the 40-50's(and I think they can) on a consistent basis, and the defense can remain what it is(PP has proved that it can), Iowa can be a consistent 9-10 win team.

A few head scratchers aside, both playcall and personnel decisions (sitting NS a bit), I gotta say BF has trended up pretty quick. Not where we need yet, but its trending up. I'm not sold on him just yet, but I do have a lease with an option to buy.

Over thought this one. BF choked.

And getting cute with the trick plays is okay, but I like an offense that makes those 20 yard TE completions and 8 yard runs down their throat type plays.

Limit the trick plays. Starting to smell of desperation.

As long as they keep working, which they have for the most part, I'm good with it. Hard to gameplan against them.

Hock would still be running if that pass was within 7 yards of him.

Hock would also still be running if Mansell throws that ball, he was wide open.

Those "gadget" plays have been there, almost every time.

I'm not sold on BF as OC overall just yet, but dude can draw some shit up...

Those "gadget" plays have been there, almost every time.

I'm not sold on BF as OC overall just yet, but dude can draw some shit up...

But it's on the OC to make sure the team's practiced a play enough to have confidence in executing it, before you call it in a game.

Mansell looked like he really had no clue what he should do...

But it's on the OC to make sure the team's practiced a play enough to have confidence in executing it, before you call it in a game.

Mansell looked like he really had no clue what he should do...
I'm rather convinced that it's true that our backup QBs don't get any practice time with the 1st team. It explains why Kirk is always so hesitant to give the backup game time even during convincing wins.

A few minutes left in the game and we're pinned back deep with a long field ahead of us. First and ten so we start by throwing 5 yard passes that when completed do nothing but eat up clock time..........makes sense to me.

when barta hires him to replace kirk he will far and away surpass steve alford as the most hated Iowa coach in history.

Hilarious that anyone thought Brian would be a good offensive coordinator. No experience at all, KF brings in an OC and converts him to O-line coach, then hands Brian the OC job. Only at Iowa.

Latest posts