Brian Ferentz - How do you like me now?

How bout this gem?

Or this gem?

Both of the statements are correct. No other OC would have the latitude as Brian does under Kirk. I was calling for Brian to be OC after the Rose Bowl, because it was always going to happen, it was only a matter of when. If something is inevitable, just freaking make the move immediately, don't wait a year. If Kirk would have made the move after the Rose Bowl we are either a year better now under Brian, or another failed year and closer to moving on from both of them.

Either way it was always a dumb move to let GD say in Iowa City for the '16 season. I understood that at the time, for some reason you still can't see what was obvious.

Both of the statements are correct. No other OC would have the latitude as Brian does under Kirk. I was calling for Brian to be OC after the Rose Bowl, because it was always going to happen, it was only a matter of when. If something is inevitable, just freaking make the move immediately, don't wait a year. If Kirk would have made the move after the Rose Bowl we are either a year better now under Brian, or another failed year and closer to moving on from both of them.

Either way it was always a dumb move to let GD say in Iowa City for the '16 season. I understood that at the time, for some reason you still can't see what was obvious.
It was a dumb move to hire Greg Davis in the first place.
It was a dumb move to give KF a 10 year contract.
It was an even dumber move to do it twice.
If we had a real AD rather than a Gutless Ass Bag....we wouldn't be here now.

You also said:
No other OC hire would ever have been given the latitude from Kirk to do what Brian is doing, which is also why I always felt he would be the best OC for Iowa.

moQ.gif

To be fair to Dean he has called for Kirk’s head in the past. The truth is none of us has any say in this. The only hope is that at some point Kirk’s barn and attic gets so full of money that he leaves Iowa because he has run out of space. All kidding aside If he is the stand up everyone wants to think he is then the right thing to do is to resign at the end of this year. Each year he stays around and finishes in his typical luke warm fashion he is tarnishing his image. He and his family have been treated like royalty by the University of Iowa.

Kirk, just say thank you and bow out graciously. After a few years fans will think of you with warm regards. If you continue on like this you’re going start looking like a blood sucking money grubbing leach.

You also said:

Any other OC hire would be neutered on arrival. That is why I felt he would be the best OC for Iowa. I never said Brian was the best OC.

I get that you are married to your hate Ferentz ideology, above all else. I just don’t swing like that, sorry. I’ll call for his head one year, but after he goes to the Rose Bowl I’ll back off for a couple of years. You there is backing off, it is hate Ferentz 110% of the time.

Any other OC hire would be neutered on arrival. That is why I felt he would be the best OC for Iowa. I never said Brian was the best OC.

I get that you are married to your hate Ferentz ideology, above all else. I just don’t swing like that, sorry. I’ll call for his head one year, but after he goes to the Rose Bowl I’ll back off for a couple of years. You there is backing off, it is hate Ferentz 110% of the time.
You should be a politician.

To be fair to Dean he has called for Kirk’s head in the past. The truth is none of us has any say in this. The only hope is that at some point Kirk’s barn and attic gets so full of money that he leaves Iowa because he has run out of space. All kidding aside If he is the stand up everyone wants to think he is then the right thing to do is to resign at the end of this year. Each year he stays around and finishes in his typical luke warm fashion he is tarnishing his image. He and his family have been treated like royalty by the University of Iowa.

Kirk, just say thank you and bow out graciously. After a few years fans will think of you with warm regards. If you continue on like this you’re going start looking like a blood sucking money grubbing leach.

There are about 5-10 posters that are gonna grind their axe with me whenever. They want to see Iowa fail so Ferentz will get fired. For some reason they think I am some champion of Kirk, even though I have called for his firing in the past.

You are the one with an agenda here, not me. I want Iowa to win no matter who the head coach is. When that head coach isn't doing as well as he should, I will be critical of them whomever they are.
Just admit you were fucking wrong for the first time in your life. You're just as bad as Kirk with that pride shit. Maybe you should be the OC, you'd fit right in.

Just admit you were fucking wrong for the first time in your life. You're just as bad as Kirk with that pride shit. Maybe you should be the OC, you'd fit right in.

I admitted I was wrong about firing Kirk after the '14 season. I mean that would have ripped a Rose Bowl appearance from us.

In a perfect world I would have loved it if Kirk was king if the West and we won three divisional every four years. With one of those divisional wins resulting in a Big Ten championship (that’s just one in three) and being a part of the four team championship games.

What a great story line that would be; a Father as head coach who teaches principles and responsibilities to his players. Along his side his son running the offense and the cherry on top are the fans and players turning and waving to the children in the hospital. Iowa would be the envy of the college football world.

Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The children are the bright spot of this story but the rest is just a fairy tale as a 7-5 season that should be the off season rebuilding year season followed by two or three years of dominance within a very weak division. The coach was given an extremely lucrative contract with expectations that those three back, to back, to back seasons would continue on with the occasional rebuilding 7-5 season. Well that didn’t happen and the AD and ruling body turned a blind eye instead of taking ownership of their mistake. They are caught in quicksand and they figure it’s best to stay still and hope some thing happens to get them out of this mess. Something like the coach retiring.

In the event that, that happens I hope to shout that a committee is formed so that Barta doesn’t get to make that decision alone.

I have said countless times that I wished nothing but the best for the current coaching staff and all the players. I am not nor have ever been a Kirk hater. I can’t say that anyone has directly accused me of being one. I would have totally loved for the scenario that I mentioned above to have worked out. How proud would we be to wear our Hawkeye garb out in public in various locations around the country?

I am a family oriented person and my family has enjoyed many fun seasons following our beloved Hawkeyes. However it’s gotten to a point that it’s not really fun any more. You build up expectations and get enthused for a new season just do see those hopes dashed over and over again. Thank you Kirk for the good times but it really is time to move on for the good of the program so that hopes and dreams can happen for the younger generations.

I don't think that's fair. Any other combination of an ultra conservative, put out to pasture, under qualified OC hire - would have been neutered on arrival.

Everyone still happy with Brian?

I still haven’t figured out why this is so hard. You got 2 great TEs and an efficient pass blocking line. Turn on an NFL game. Copy bunch set plays. Enjoy wins. It’s like Brian is willing to do it for 2 games a year and we all get excited, and then Brian goes back to whatever the boring 3 and out offense is.