Brett Bielema

can you imagine if we had an aggressive coach who won? Fans would go ape-$h!t crazy with jubilation. He wouldn't have to win much more than KF, fans would just be so dang silly with excitement seeing us be the aggressor, with a dynamic game plan that, gasp, changes based on the opponent!

Biels wanted more money for his coordinators, but Wisconsin wouldn't do it. I've said it from the beginning that him going to Arkansas was a way to position himself for the Iowa job. He's proven he can do it all in this conference, and I think it would be a big mistake not hiring him if Iowa has the chance.

yeah, that's not what I was referring to. Look more towards your comments bashing the east campus liberals.

Once you are done pouting and throwing a hissy about the state of the football program, we can get back to discussing football.

Prepare for lame "i didn't say 'liberals,' you did" cover. I wonder if people who obsessively use coded language really think they're pulling one over on others.

And you know the reason, too. It can't just be football. It has to be an indictment of an entire philospophy, while at the same time promoting a competing philosophy.

We didn't just miss cutback lanes or ignore open receivers downfield ... we didn't just face a team that wanted it more. we suffer from a philosophy that obviously shows that "the elites" actually WANT us to lose (desptie the fact that winning is measurably better for the university).

How can you even begin to debate someone so far gone?

you can't. that's why i get the ban on politics here, and i +1 you for pointing it out.

Anyway, I don't think the coach is going anywhere for now. And I'm not even sure he needs to. Not sure that any coach is bringing championships here. His time may have passed, or the game may have passed him by. I really don't know. But I have my doubts that someone else is going to come in and give us more than 4 top ten finishes in 12-13 years.

I would take Bielema as Iowa's next Football coach every day of the week and twice on Sundays!
I hated the guy when he was at Wisconsin, but I hated him because he took Wisconsin to a new level...above Iowa and a national power! The guy can coach. He's brash, bold and not afraid of anything. He's also a hawkeye, and that added passion can't hurt anything.

The calls that should be made, in my opinion, if this was even an option:

Bob Stoops - Not saying that he would take it, but it's a call that needs to be made. A part hopes that if called, he would want to come back to help bring excitement back to the program and set it up for future success.

BB - He's an *******, but I kind of like it.

Diaco - As someone mentioned previously, he'd bring in a tough D and would hopefully see the advantages of not having a horizontal offense.

Josh Heupel - Co-OC at Oklahoma. He's young with a modern offense and I think that he could do well. I only worry about him taking over at OU when Stoops leaves.

There it is, again. Suppose the NW corner could go silent during the waving of the "I" - "W" "A" flags? Screw the card stunts and striped sections ... that would be a feat!

I always thought it'd be funny if one weekend the crowd altered the I-O-W-A chant a bit, as shown below:

I...............................

O...............................

Student.......................

Loans.........................

The thing I like about Bielema besides being cutthroat is that his running schemes actually produce great running teams unlike Iowa's.

I have made a thread on this topic before, and im bringing it up again. In Jon's podcast today, they asked if KF has stayed too long. I believe if Greg davis isnt gone by the end of the year, and we dont see any improvement over the next 3 years, KF wont be fired, but will retire on his own/told to retire. However, will Barta have the guts to do it?

There are only two coaches who can come in and make this program successful, install exciting football, be aggressive with the play calling, and also have success with recruiting. Bob Stoops, and Bielema. Many of you will say "no way stoops leaves Oklahoma", which I totally understand, however, he has been there for what? 16 years? Some fans down there are growing tired of him, maybe he'd give the iowa job a thought.

But the first call goes to Bielema, like Jon said. I really do think he could replicate his success with Wisconsin, at Iowa. A tough recruiter, not afraid to take chances, and not afraid to run up the score on bad opponents. He has to be our next coach, but if we have to wait till 2020 for it to happen, then Iowa is doomed to stay in the hole it digs itself in.

I think Brett would reach out to Iowa if the job was open. I honestly think Brett left Wisconsin so he could take the Iowa job when it opens. Isn't there usually a clause in coaching contracts preventing them from taking a job with an in conference school?

I think Brett would reach out to Iowa if the job was open. I honestly think Brett left Wisconsin so he could take the Iowa job when it opens. Isn't there usually a clause in coaching contracts preventing them from taking a job with an in conference school?

ImInTheSouth, you're in the South, so could you share your thoughts, for those folks who are in the North--what is the opinion of Mr. Bielema for those in the South?

ImInTheSouth, you're in the South, so could you share your thoughts, for those folks who are in the North--what is the opinion of Mr. Bielema for those in the South?

ha....I lived in NW Iowa until 2002 when I moved to Kansas City Missouri. I didn't think Kansas City was 'the south' when I moved down here but in a short amount of time I realized that while its not Alabama or Georgia KCMO is definitely not Iowa. That was about the time I registered with Scout.com and "ImInTheSouth" is what I went with. So, long story short, I can't speak for the folks in Arkansas.

Latest posts