BREAKING NEWS

there is a huge difference in asking questions and ******** and moaning on a message board expecting anything productive to come out of it. i wonder how many posters on these message boards that demand answers actually write letters or make phone calls to iowa city and ask questions

Every detail no. But legitimate information without an arrogant brush-off...Yes.

It's we, the season ticket holders, the I-Club donors that help fund the program and give it the profile it has.

I'm getting a little tired of Ferentz's arrogant, stubborn, schtick...both on and off the field.

You're welcome to take your season ticket money & I-Club donations and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. KF and the athletic department don't owe you JACKSQUAT. I'm sure I'm not alone in asking you to keep your cry-baby, whiney-arse attitude of entitlement to your self.

I'm getting tired of people like YOU beeching because KF doesn't personally seek your approval for every frickin' decision he makes. When you become the head coach of a B1G football program, you can share every sordid detail to your heart's desire. In the mean time, please STFU.

You're welcome to take your season ticket money & I-Club donations and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. KF and the athletic department don't owe you JACKSQUAT. I'm sure I'm not alone in asking you to keep your cry-baby, whiney-arse attitude of entitlement to your self.

I'm getting tired of people like YOU beeching because KF doesn't personally seek your approval for every frickin' decision he makes. When you become the head coach of a B1G football program, you can share every sordid detail to your heart's desire. In the mean time, please STFU.
Perfect. and on top of that, they're selling season tickets in Ames if you're tired of KF and Iowa City.

Anyone that has worked for the state can tell you that a level of availability is not only expected but demanded and it's your job to make that information available. It's just part of being a government employee, being one, I know.

Now no one is saying that they should violate HIPAA laws, but asking a coach if a player was sent home for violating rules isn't anywhere near as invasive as having everyones annual income as public information.

B.S. they aren't going to show me their books if i walk in. nor their employee roster, their salaries, etc.

And they surely aren't going to reveal the health concerns of their employees.

You think if i walk into IPTV and ask for their daily absentee log they'd provide it? And then provide the detail as to why an employee is absent from work?

And then do you think being a tax payer gives me the right to call said employee at his home phone number and ask why he isn't at work, and if he is going to continue his career at IPTV? And if said employee doesn't answer those questions do I have the right to demand answers from the head of IPTV? And is he mandated to answer given his salary that is paid by me, Mr. Tax Payin' citizen? hell, i even donated $40 during their annual fund raising telethon 10 years back. entitlement if i ever heard one.

epic fail.

Thank you.

LOL. idiot.

Nice addition to the conversation internet tough guy.

I don't think every little detail is necessary, but some answers can come without breaking down fort kinnick.

If you don't agree fine, you can keep drinking the koolaide and plugging into the machine. Just nod your head and take your beating.

Every detail no. But legitimate information without an arrogant brush-off...Yes.

It's we, the season ticket holders, the I-Club donors that help fund the program and give it the profile it has.

I'm getting a little tired of Ferentz's arrogant, stubborn, schtick...both on and off the field.

Well it bodes saying…..the stands are still full and the money is still rolling in, so you don’t represent a very large contingent.

No one in the athletic department owes anyone any explanation at any time. There is no obligation for any coach/player/trainer/equipment mgr etc to ever inform the general public every detail from within the program. KF protects his players/staff/university by not perpetuating rumors until all the FACTS are out. He's not playing a game, he's doing what he is supposed to be doing by not addressing them until he really knows what's going on. Things happen quickly and he has a lot more on his plate. I don't care if you're Randy Peterson, Jon Miller or Peter King for that matter, some things do not need to leave the athletic facilities etc. Sure, we're interested and it can be news in our state but I don't get why everyone expects to know every details especially when HIPPA, student privacy etc could be at stake. Support the guys who end up on the field Friday night, don't waste too much of your lives worrying about things that obviously require some additional time. KF doesn't owe anyone an explanation that isn't directly involved with the program.
I will strongly disagree and then say-- PENN STATE.

key words.... general public, every detail and athletic department.

Even in the Penn State situation you can not argue the "General Public" should be informed of "Every Detail" by the Athletic Department." The proper authoritiescdies not include the general public.

key words.... general public, every detail and athletic department.

Even in the Penn State situation you can not argue the "General Public" should be informed of "Every Detail" by the Athletic Department." The proper authoritiescdies not include the general public.

Yes everyone has accountability or rather should have. Unfortunately every Tom and Jane now thinks it’s to them, which is made even more comical by the notion that they, themselves don’t want to share any accountability

LOL

Kirk Ferentz and arrogant two words I thought I would never hear. Anyone who knows the man, the family and what he and they stand for would never say that. Instead classless individuals who have nothing else to worry about in their lives than an anonymous message board and how much they "donate" to the program.

Sounds very familiar to the cries and the defamation of Mr. Davis Davis. How has that move worked out?

Sorry for the ramble but I have been a Hawkeye fan my whole life and I am tired of defending fans who base their entire life on the Hawkeyes.

Here is a reason I can't leave well enough alone. Posters like this personally attacking another poster is so ridiculous! This a perfect example of taking it to far.

Every detail no. But legitimate information without an arrogant brush-off...Yes. It's we, the season ticket holders, the I-Club donors that help fund the program and give it the profile it has. I'm getting a little tired of Ferentz's arrogant, stubborn, schtick...both on and off the field.
You're welcome to take your season ticket money & I-Club donations and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. KF and the athletic department don't owe you JACKSQUAT. I'm sure I'm not alone in asking you to keep your cry-baby, whiney-arse attitude of entitlement to your self. I'm getting tired of people like YOU beeching because KF doesn't personally seek your approval for every frickin' decision he makes. When you become the head coach of a B1G football program, you can share every sordid detail to your heart's desire. In the mean time, please STFU.

Kirk Ferentz and arrogant two words I thought I would never hear. Anyone who knows the man, the family and what he and they stand for would never say that. Instead classless individuals who have nothing else to worry about in their lives than an anonymous message board and how much they "donate" to the program.

Sounds very familiar to the cries and the defamation of Mr. Davis Davis. How has that move worked out?

Sorry for the ramble but I have been a Hawkeye fan my whole life and I am tired of defending fans who base their entire life on the Hawkeyes.

+1

please post more often.

As a clone fan.. wow
Kirk is a class act all the way through and through. If he wasn't he wouldn't ever step foot in the U of I hospital and donate his time to go and see the kids.

But please tell me how Kirk is arrogant.

Last edited:
As a clone fan.. wow
Kirk is a class act all the way through and through. If he wasn't he wouldn't ever step football in the U of I hospital and donate his time to go and see the kids.

But please tell me how Kirk is arrogant.

Thanks dude....that was appreciated by me at least.

LOL...neither did Paterno, his staff, or the president of PSU...The footabll coach and staff should absolute control and not be required to answer anything asked of them...They are kings after all...

LOL...neither did Paterno, his staff, or the president of PSU...The footabll coach and staff should absolute control and not be required to answer anything asked of them...They are kings after all...

It's been awhile, and I'm still trying to decide if posts like these are extremely funny or extremely disturbing.

Once again, this does not hold water.

PSU athletic department (or IMO anyone for that matter) had the obligation to report, in full detail what was happening to proper authorities (law enforcment) not the general public or the media. The general public will have access to the information once charges have been filed (if they are filed) and it becomes public information, but not before.

Ferentz and staff, has the same obligations although it doesnt apear that anything even close to that magnatude is the case here. Ferentz does also have a responsibility to protect private information of his student athletes. Some people have a hard time respecting that.

I agree with people saying Kirk is a good guy and a class act but I'm surprised that anyone is arguing that he doesn't come off as arrogant when he talks to the media

Latest posts