BREAKING NEWS

Actually it is called the fundamental attribution error.

1st off I do try and hope to learn things new every day, no matter whom it is I’m talking to or where I’m at. I thank you for that. Now in saying that, this “theory†is true, but it does not take into account, experience, or acumen of the observer, nor (and more importantly I might add) does it take into the account, the behavior itself and its detrimental affect of those around them.

Honestly there is a whole lot here, not addressed by this theorem. Probably the most important of which is whether or not…â€this situation†being considered by the person in question, really should elicit such behavior (regardless of external forces unseen by the observer) and whether or not such behavior is irrational or appropriate, as weighed by a “fixed†scale, not as weighed by me, you or “other†potentially irrational observers.

In short, its tough to decipher and hopefully cooler heads prevail and in that it isn’t hard to deduce who typically remains in line with coherent and lucid dialogue as opposed to provincial wisdom.

You don't want to picture KF in the shower. I have some pretty good sources close to the program who never steer me wrong, and they tell me that KF leaves the bar of soap looking like an Ewok. It is one of the main reasons McCall is transferring.

Be aware friends, this Penn St thing will be the rallying call for “more info†for a looooonnnngggg time to come.

Now lets just break that down…….

I too can use it to show that in actuality it is a clear case of the media jumping to lynch mob lather and fans like you as well, to crucify Joe Pa, period.

As that case unfolds, it is becoming more apparent daily that 10’s of 20’s maybe even 100’s of family, friends, co-workers, law enforcement, school employees etc, etc new of Mr. Sandusky. Joe Pa as it turns out in a recent article I read really did tell what was considered a governing police entity and we probably rushed our conclusion of guilt and here we are back full circle.

Information in the hands of the irresponsible is dangerous and in PSU’s case…we needed someone, anyone to have some courage and say SOMETHING, anything from family to co-workers. Sadly these are our compatriots. Mostly good people who get on message boards and post under false identities because they haven’t the courage to say things out loud for fear of reprisal…..
:rolleyes:

I visit this site occasionally to read these boards for fun but CHAD (whatever your full name is because I am sure you've posted it before along with your address, hobbies, zodiac, and social security #) will you do me a favor and only submit half of the topics that you feel you have to post on? Great. You post your first name after a post. Good. For. You. Stud.
I get so tired of your constant empty garbage.

BTW my name is John but I prefer Jack.

Respectfully disagree. I paid to go to school there, i donate to the school and i pay for season tickets every year. As a shareholder so to speak, i think i have the right to ask questions.

You have the right to ask the questions, granted. The coaches have the right (and the responsibility) to answer them as they see fit.
Kirk's MO is pretty well known after 13 years as HC......why ask the questions, other than to frustrate yourself?
Kirk is no different than Hayden....or most other coaches, as a matter of fact.

1st off I do try and hope to learn things new every day, no matter whom it is I’m talking to or where I’m at. I thank you for that. Now in saying that, this “theory” is true, but it does not take into account, experience, or acumen of the observer, nor (and more importantly I might add) does it take into the account, the behavior itself and its detrimental affect of those around them.

Honestly there is a whole lot here, not addressed by this theorem. Probably the most important of which is whether or not…”this situation” being considered by the person in question, really should elicit such behavior (regardless of external forces unseen by the observer) and whether or not such behavior is irrational or appropriate, as weighed by a “fixed” scale, not as weighed by me, you or “other” potentially irrational observers.

In short, its tough to decipher and hopefully cooler heads prevail and in that it isn’t hard to deduce who typically remains in line with coherent and lucid dialogue as opposed to provincial wisdom.

My response about the FAE was to Minny Hawk's question as to why people are more apt to complain about others than to make suggestions for improvement. The FAE plays into this because we tend to see things we see as negative as deriving from some internal quality of the individual instead of from some outside force. This is particularly true of people whom we see as some identifiable other. (i.e., Democrats view Republicans as evil, greedy, and racist, Republicans view Democrats as lazy, immoral, and childish)

If we identify closely with someone we are more apt to see the problem as relating to some external force and therefore are more apt to offer assistance to deal with this outside force.

So, the people who identify the most closely with KF and the staff see the problem as one of immature kids, inept or even corrupt media, bad parenting, ICPD, university administration, cheating opponents, referees, etc. (i.e., external)

The people who don't identify closely with the staff see it as KF being arrogant, assistant coaches being stubborn, inept, or antagonistic. (i.e., internal).

Respectfully disagree. I paid to go to school there, i donate to the school and i pay for season tickets every year. As a shareholder so to speak, i think i have the right to ask questions.

You serious Clark? You are no more a "shareholder" than an average tax payer whose dollars fund all of the state universities. Go ahead, ask all the questions you would like. You absolutely have that right. However, Kirk and the U of I football program has no obligation to tell you jack squat. They will take your money with smiling faces and say thank you.

Nice addition to the conversation internet tough guy.

I don't think every little detail is necessary, but some answers can come without breaking down fort kinnick.

If you don't agree fine, you can keep drinking the koolaide and plugging into the machine. Just nod your head and take your beating.
You're still an idiot.

:rolleyes:

I visit this site occasionally to read these boards for fun but CHAD (whatever your full name is because I am sure you've posted it before along with your address, hobbies, zodiac, and social security #) will you do me a favor and only submit half of the topics that you feel you have to post on? Great. You post your first name after a post. Good. For. You. Stud.
I get so tired of your constant empty garbage.

BTW my name is John but I prefer Jack.

Well I appreciate your input and I’ll take it under advisement. With that said, these are the kinds of things people say when they don’t like the message and have zero ability to rebuff it. Now with that said, I do know at times my approach is irritating. I also know how I can sometimes come off and I’m pretty honest with myself. It is however what I am paid for, among others things and as you’ll note you aren’t alone in disliking my thoughts, but that is hardly the prevailing opinion…..so does that say more about me or you?

My response about the FAE was to Minny Hawk's question as to why people are more apt to complain about others than to make suggestions for improvement. The FAE plays into this because we tend to see things we see as negative as deriving from some internal quality of the individual instead of from some outside force. This is particularly true of people whom we see as some identifiable other. (i.e., Democrats view Republicans as evil, greedy, and racist, Republicans view Democrats as lazy, immoral, and childish)

If we identify closely with someone we are more apt to see the problem as relating to some external force and therefore are more apt to offer assistance to deal with this outside force.

So, the people who identify the most closely with KF and the staff see the problem as one of immature kids, inept or even corrupt media, bad parenting, ICPD, university administration, cheating opponents, referees, etc. (i.e., external)

The people who don't identify closely with the staff see it as KF being arrogant, assistant coaches being stubborn, inept, or antagonistic. (i.e., internal).

Yes I get the concept.

Latest posts