Brands Bro's Time to Go

It's also just the style of wrestling. I was at several of the sessions. Iowa's style is just not extremely fun to watch right now. Of course there are exceptions, but as a whole, it feels very conservative. Obviously Brands preaches aggressive wrestling. Obviously he's had success and no one can deny that. But it certainly is starting to feel like Iowa wrestling is not in a great place.

It's also just the style of wrestling. I was at several of the sessions. Iowa's style is just not extremely fun to watch right now. Of course there are exceptions, but as a whole, it feels very conservative. Obviously Brands preaches aggressive wrestling. Obviously he's had success and no one can deny that. But it certainly is starting to feel like Iowa wrestling is not in a great place.

The Iowa wrestling coach is a good hard working coach, but I've thought for the last several years that he will never lead Iowa to the promise land. Maybe if Gable was just getting started he wouldn't be able to lead Iowa to the top the way the wrestling world is today. Penn State is going to be tough to beat.

when iowa wrestled missouri, missouri had 3 #1 ranked wrestlers. those wrestlers had a combined 1 take down during this match - the way the rules are now - 1 take down can win a match between two equal in quality wrestlers - stalling is not called - so get your take down and stall your way to victory. wrestlers afraid to make mistakes because that one mistake can cost them the match. don't blame the athlete/the coach, blame the leaders of the sport - things need to change. wrestling needs to be done in the center of the mat, not on the edge.

Exactly. I can hardly stand to watch anymore. 30 seconds running off the clock because one wrestler still has a toe in bounds. They should put up a padded wall around the Matt with no out of bounds. Get rid of the boring edge of the Matt wrestling.

Latest posts