Brady Ellingson

Good for him. Best for both Brady and Iowa.

My guess it goes to Connor though.

Tough to understand why Fran would do this. Instate tuition is a drop in the bucket for a guy with his income. An extra scholly could really help him strengthen the roster. ("Could" being the key word here...he'd have to use it intelligently)

Good luck, Brady. Thanks for your service.

Last edited:
Rinse. Repeat. Fran will do nothing different recruiting wise.

giphy.gif

So, what's Fran's next move? Sign a transfer of his own, sign a JUCO, or bank the scholarship, which will give him 2 for next year (left open by Baer and Wagner), assuming no other early departures? Banking I think supports that Connor is expected to play a big role at PG next year.

Good for him. Best for both Brady and Iowa.

My guess it goes to Connor though.

I doubt Connor gets a ship unless multiple people leave ( I think there will be). If this doesn't scream writing on the wall/"Creaning"/told to move on to open up room, I don't know what does.

I doubt this is the only departure and with Cook possible leaving or staying, I assume the coaching staff is going after immediate help. After a 4-14 season, I don't know how you could assume that the staff would possibly go any other way. I'm not trolling when I say this, but after the year Iowa just had, why does everyone assume that Iowa would bank this scholarship or give it to Connor? I'm not saying your wrong, and it's an honest question. Iowa hasn't been in this position record wise since Fran's second season, did he bank any of those? I find it hard to believe any one knows what will happen or you can say "rinse, repeat, nothing will change". You know what happened last year? Jones transferred and Iowa had more room for Connor, Nunge and Garza. I personally think all options are on the table. I really hope Geno Crandall at North Dakota is on Iowa's radar. There are just too many connections.

I can only speak for myself, but I wasn't assuming anything. I was saying it's possible it goes to Connor, which it is. Or it could be banked if they like somebody more in the '19 class than what they can land this spring. Those are possibilities just like it's possible the staff finds somebody it likes during this period.

The spring is a tough time. Way more demand than supply. And the supply hasn't been set. There will be more transfers.

It has to play out.

I doubt this is the only departure and with Cook possible leaving or staying, I assume the coaching staff is going after immediate help. After a 4-14 season, I don't know how you could assume that the staff would possibly go any other way. I'm not trolling when I say this, but after the year Iowa just had, why does everyone assume that Iowa would bank this scholarship or give it to Connor? I'm not saying your wrong, and it's an honest question. Iowa hasn't been in this position record wise since Fran's second season, did he bank any of those? I find it hard to believe any one knows what will happen or you can say "rinse, repeat, nothing will change". You know what happened last year? Jones transferred and Iowa had more room for Connor, Nunge and Garza. I personally think all options are on the table. I really hope Geno Crandall at North Dakota is on Iowa's radar. There are just too many connections.
Well a iowa has extreme flexibility with scholarships with Connor and Pat. You don’t necessarily need 14 scholarship level players.

The reason many think we will stay put is because Fran hasn’t really gone after transfers much in his time year. He’s bringing in Weiskamp, Frederick, and a healthy Connor. If he feels that’s the guard help we need than I don’t see him going for a transfer.

Last edited:
If Brady is the only one to leave/transfer, I highly doubt Fran goes after anyone else in '18. I really highly doubt that Fran goes after a PG in '18.

Well a iowa has extreme flexibility with scholarships with Connor and Pat. You don’t necessarily need 14 sholarship level players.

The reason many think we will stay put is because Fran hasn’t really gone after transfers much in his time year. He’s bringing in Weiskamp, Frederick, and a healthy Connor. If he feels that’s the guard help we need than I don’t see him going for a transfer.

Do you feel that? I guess what I am saying is, if we as fans see the issue, is it impossible that the staff might see it too?

I feel like he hasn't needed to rely on transfers in the past. Up until this season, I don't think there was THIS glaring of issue at guard b4 this season. I also feel like the staff will do whatever they have to do to change Iowa's fortunes and "staying put" because they think they are good isn't even being considered by a staff that just went 4-14. That's just MY opinion on it.

If Brady is the only one to leave/transfer, I highly doubt Fran goes after anyone else in '18. I really highly doubt that Fran goes after a PG in '18.

Why do you feel that though? That's what I am asking. Cause Fran sucks? Cause to an outsider, that would seem very foolish in today's transfer market right?