Brad Stevens

NeilDiamond

This guy is 34 years old. How bright is this dude's future and how in the hell does he not leave Butler? What a stud.

come to think of it, he would look great in an Orange blazer. Although he does not appear dirty enough for the SEC or even Mizzou. Seems like an ACC guy. If he holds on for another few years, maybe he could replace coach K.

Stevens is from Zionsville (suburb of Indianapolis), went to Depauw, and is in the first year of a ten year contract. I can't imagine him leaving for awhile, as he has a couple stellar recruiting classes lined up. He will be the Mark Few of the midwest. Butler looks to be loaded for awhile, as long as Shelvin Mack stays one more year. There is a bunch of talent waiting to move in as this senior class goes. I think Stevens stays with the program.

Stevens is from Zionsville (suburb of Indianapolis), went to Depauw, and is in the first year of a ten year contract. I can't imagine him leaving for awhile, as he has a couple stellar recruiting classes lined up. He will be the Mark Few of the midwest. Butler looks to be loaded for awhile, as long as Shelvin Mack stays one more year. There is a bunch of talent waiting to move in as this senior class goes. I think Stevens stays with the program.

Care to share some of the players on these stellar classes?

This guy is 34 years old. How bright is this dude's future and how in the hell does he not leave Butler? What a stud.
Why would you leave after the last 10 years of Butler BB? They have become a top program while schools like Tennessee and Indiana have faultered. It's the same reason that Gonzaga is recognizable. Mark Few. This new breed of coaches would rather make a name for themselves and their school than follow someone like Crean or Pearl. I say he will be there for a long time and continue to add to his accolades.

Give it a couple more years and lets see how good Butler is. I'm not saying he isn't a good coach, I'm just reserving judgement to to see he can keep it going after a player like Mack moves on. Obviously Howard is gone after this year and he lost Hayward last year. Lets remember, Butler was struggling until the latter portion of the season. Again, I just want to see if he can sustain it for a few more years.

I think if he can win one more this year and make/win 1-2 in the NCAA for a couple years here....he's set....I can see why he wouldn't want to leave Butler....it's a good program.

No doubt money talks, but the guy seems to embrace the small town family atmosphere at Butler. He knows stepping up means more travel, commitments, pressure, critics, etc. On one hand the guy could cash in on a big payday and set his family up for life. On the other he could leave a really good situation and find himself in a Keno Davis or Lickliter situation in 3 years. It will be interesting to see if he can replace the Haywood, Howard, Mack type players that have figured prominently the past few years.

I have no idea why people dog Butler. They play wicked defense, are smart with the ball, stick to their style of play and grind teams into submission. WI looked like a bunch of freshman playing together for the first time.

This is a good reason to stay. Few hasn't done anything in the NCAA tournament for the better part of a decade and people still consider him one of the best coaches in the country. Butler has already done more in the NCAA's the last two years than Gonzaga did. I think Stevens would be smart to stay at Butler unless an elite level job opens up.

No doubt money talks, but the guy seems to embrace the small town family atmosphere at Butler. He knows stepping up means more travel, commitments, pressure, critics, etc. On one hand the guy could cash in on a big payday and set his family up for life. On the other he could leave a really good situation and find himself in a Keno Davis or Lickliter situation in 3 years. It will be interesting to see if he can replace the Haywood, Howard, Mack type players that have figured prominently the past few years.

I have no idea why people dog Butler. They play wicked defense, are smart with the ball, stick to their style of play and grind teams into submission. WI looked like a bunch of freshman playing together for the first time.
The only knock I could thorw on Butler is they play dirty and foul like ****. But if it officials allow it then so be it.

Care to share some of the players on these stellar classes?

2011: pg/sg Roosevelt Jones- big, tough guard from St Louis. Distributor.
sg/sf Andy Smeathers- Gordon Hayward lookalike w/huge upside
pf Kameron Woods- big/athletic, creates matchup problems.
pg Jackson Aldridge- strong/scoring point guard from Australia

2012: sg Kellen Dunham- dead eye shooting guard from acclaimed IN high school program
sg Devontae Morgan- another Florida product. surprise get over Clemson

*-doesn't count, but came very, very close to getting Cody Zeller this year over North Carolina and Indiana (where he committed). Even though they did not get Cody, this close call opened some eyes around the national recruiting landscape. The connection w/Florida and the South in general is strengthening, as are the local Indiana ties. Butler is really starting to get out into some major talent with the big boys.

I think IU is done waiting for Crean ... if Butler beats FL, IU will be beating down Steven's door

Don't agree. What sizzle is there for IU fans with respect to Alford? Couldn't get it done at Iowa. Hasn't exactly torn it up in Loboville...barely beating Montana last year before getting bounced, two second round NIT departures and this at a school where everybody gets in. IU fans are loayal, but not ignorant. My brother in law is an IU grad and nobody in his circle of friends wants anything to do with Alford.

Don't agree. What sizzle is there for IU fans with respect to Alford? Couldn't get it done at Iowa. Hasn't exactly torn it up in Loboville...barely beating Montana last year before getting bounced, two second round NIT departures and this at a school where everybody gets in. IU fans are loayal, but not ignorant. My brother in law is an IU grad and nobody in his circle of friends wants anything to do with Alford.

What does Bradley Stevens have to do with Alford?

Latest posts