Bowl Projections

OMG, Iowa vs Toledo from the MAC in Detroit in the pizza bowl? Lets win the last 5 and then see where we go!

I think I will go to the pawn star place "Hardcore Pawn" while in town. Im gonna go nuts and get thrown out on Tru TV...

First, does the rule that the Rose Bowl must select an non-AQ team to replace a Big Ten or PAC-12 team in the title game not exist this year? If so, wouldn't that put Boise State in the Rose Bowl?

Second, there's no way Oregon and Oklahoma State both get picked ahead of a Big Ten team for BCS bowls, especially if an OU-Nebraska Fiesta Bowl is a possibility.

Third, there's no way a bowl game picks Illinois over Iowa unless Illinois has 2-3 more wins. If Iowa wins 7-8 games, I see the Hawkeyes in Texas for one of those two games; however, I see Iowa winning more like 9 or 10 games and playing in the Outback or Capital One.

Last edited:
First, does the rule that the Rose Bowl must select an non-AQ team to replace a Big Ten or PAC-12 team in the title game not exist this year? If so, wouldn't that put Boise State in the Rose Bowl?

That only applied once over the 4 year BCS contract, and happened last year, so it no longer applies for the next 3 years.

As Hayden used to say: "There are no bad bowls"

I would have no problem with a game indoors in Detroit. The conditions would be perfect for our passing game and we would be playing a beatable opponent.

I think we get to 7 wins and go somewhere else, however. Iowa fans travel and the bowls will pick us over several other Big Ten teams....

Dallas is NOT a joy in December. Not quite Detroit cold, but not Florida by any means. It is just a much more reasonable trip for me than any other.

oh boy let me pack my bags for Detroit. Gun. Ammo. Bullet proof vest. Stun gun. More ammo.

No way I'm spending a couple of thousand to go to Detroit, not even to watch the Hawkeyes. Been there. Don't want to go back.

Last edited:
oh boy let me pack my bags for Detroit. Gun. Ammo. Bullet proof vest. Stun gun. More ammo. No way I'm spending a couple of thousand to go to Detroit, not even to watch the Hawkeyes. Been there. Don't want to go back.
what good will a stun gun do you?

Latest posts