Bowl Outlook

MSU would be a terrible representation of the Big Ten at the Rose Bowl. Wisky is the best team in the big ten and should be going to the rose bowl regardless of outcomes next week. if sparty does end up in the rose......the system will once again prove how broken it is.

MSU would be a terrible representation of the Big Ten at the Rose Bowl. Wisky is the best team in the big ten and should be going to the rose bowl regardless of outcomes next week. if sparty does end up in the rose......the system will once again prove how broken it is.
How is that? Didn't MSU beat Wisky? So Wisky should go because you think they are better?

Well, if we do go to Gator hope weather is better this time last time in 83 it was really cold. Want to be able to play golf this time during trip.

LOL at you....MSU beat Wisky....how is the system broken

KF should deny the bowl invitation this year - make a statement to everyone that we don't feel like we deserve it. The team should stay in IC and work on two minute drill, special teams execution, etc.

The Outback Bowl is about 10 minutes from my house, so for selfish reasons, I always like it when the Hawks go to the Outback. Making the trip to Jacksonville is only about a 3-4 hour drive though, so either one would suit me.

I agree with others though: Probably Wisconsin to the Rose, OSU to the Sugar, MSU to the Cap1, and then Outback/Gator may depend on the MSU/PSU game and our game (obviously). Sounds like maybe we want to root for MSU to beat PSU if we want the Outback.

KF should deny the bowl invitation this year - make a statement to everyone that we don't feel like we deserve it. The team should stay in IC and work on two minute drill, special teams execution, etc.
F you.
Seriously I don't know what else to say to that.
These seniors have busted their butts for 4-5 years and have played their hearts out. We lost by 3 points to a NC caliber tOSU team (their only loss being to another top 10 team that got extremely lucky to get up early). This team has been decimated by linebacker and guard injuries. I'm pleased they did as well as they did given the circumstances. Our freaking middle linebacker's 19th birthday was yesterday and he has been with the team for only a few months! You think the season is a failure because of that? Ridiculous. Clearly you haven't been a "fan" for long, I'd wager that you probably are even from the burbs.

Iowa fans will not travel to Jacksonville.....there will be little buzz for that game outside of Iowa fans living in Florida....I just dont think people will care
Absolutely false. What about the '06 Alamo bowl where~20,000 iowa fans showed up. That 6-6 season (Tate's senior year) was much more of a disappointment than this year.
I personally plan on going, wherever it is. Everyone I have talked to is actually more likely to go now because it will be more economical than a higher level bowl. That is what Iowa fans are known for, what the players appreciate. Our unwavering support, regardless of if we lost a few games by a slim margin or if we are undefeated. This is what separates us from tOSU, USC, etc fans.
Were you born in 1996? I certainly can't imagine you graduated then and have been watching the Hawks that long.

FAIL!!! I think you should go pound sand.

8-4 teams don't refuse bowl invitations. Even if we're (unthinkably) 7-5, you take the bowl game for several reasons not the least of which is the extra practice time prepping for the bowl. That's a HUGE advantage in getting a handle on NEXT YEAR.

I am sure if we give jon miller until tuesday or wednesday he will be able to come up with a scenario where iowa will still qualify for a bcs bowl.

Iowa has not been beaten by more than a TD in well over 3 years. This team had a lead or tied (missed XP at Az) in the last few minutes of every game. They were snake bitten! This is a national championship caliber team which played too conservatively and blew it! AZ-WIS-NW-OSU were all games Iowa should have won, and didn't. We again have to say "gee golly shucks, we are just not as good as those dad gum teams" I think KF is a great coach, but I do think it is time we get a new offensive coordinator, or at least look around. We will sadly need a new defensive coordinator and special teams. The coaching staff at Iowa failed this year like they do every year they are favorites. The attitude KF had yesterday after the game about how we didn't have any expectations really upset me. It is going to take some time for this season to settle... so close to being undefeated at 7-4 just sounds ridiculous... but true. And to think they could very easily be 6-5 or 5-6. This conservative style just limits yourself too much. Great when you are an underdog... gives you a 50/50 chance of winning, but this team? Limit yourself? Play Conservative? I feel really bad for the Seniors, this has to be painful.

F you.
Seriously I don't know what else to say to that.
These seniors have busted their butts for 4-5 years and have played their hearts out. We lost by 3 points to a NC caliber tOSU team (their only loss being to another top 10 team that got extremely lucky to get up early). This team has been decimated by linebacker and guard injuries. I'm pleased they did as well as they did given the circumstances. Our freaking middle linebacker's 19th birthday was yesterday and he has been with the team for only a few months! You think the season is a failure because of that? Ridiculous. Clearly you haven't been a "fan" for long, I'd wager that you probably are even from the burbs.

I've been a fan a very long time and no I'm not from the "burbs" - I live on a hog farm not far from IC where you live by one simple system - hard work and no excuses. Players get hurt and yes you play top caliber teams in the Big Ten - so what - you still have to go out and earn a victory with what you have. We haven't earned it this year plain and simple.

Personally I'm hoping for the Gator since we have not been there since '83. I think that is the way it will play out. Wisconsin just needs to beat Northwestern and they will be in the BCS (jury still out on whether OSU can pass them in the BCS). MSU is not going to a BCS bowl no matter what. Even if they win, OSU & UW are 99.9% sure to win, and both of those teams will get the BCS bids over MSU. So MSU will go to the Cap One, and probably PSU to the Outback.

Rose: Wisconsin
Sugar: Ohio St
Cap One: MSU
Outback: Penn St
Gator: Iowa
Insight: Michigan
Texas: Illinois
Dallas/Ticket City: Northwestern

Also, do you really think Rich Rod will be fired? If I were Michigan, I would stick with him, but just require he fire Greg Robinson.

I'll echo the poster who said, "From a BCS bowl to the Freakin Gator bowl"

The season is a disappointment. Injuries? Sorry....every team has them. No excuse.

Getting to a NON-BCS bowl game (Ok Ok excluding the Cap-1 bowl) these days is no big deal. You have to be blind, deaf and dumb not to be able to get to a minor bowl. Really means nothing since the minor bowls are basically Chamber-of-Commerce bowls...with little to do really with on-the-field performance.

Don't think so? Look what's going to happen to RRod after this season even if he makes it to the all-important "bowl game." He's gonna get canned. Further proof the minor bowls don't mean much when they let in sub-.500 conference record teams. Yawn.

But yes, I'd show up to the Gator-bowl...haven't been there yet, and I like college football.

Does it elevate Iowa's stature...even with a win? Nope. Sort of detracts from it actually.

Last edited:
I'll echo the poster who said, "From a BCS bowl to the Freakin Gator bowl"

The season is a disappointment. Injuries? Sorry....every team has them. No excuse.

Getting to a NON-BCS bowl game (Ok Ok excluding the Cap-1 bowl) these days is no big deal. You have to be blind, deaf and dumb not to be able to get to a minor bowl. Really means nothing since the minor bowls are basically Chamber-of-Commerce bowls...with little to do really with on-the-field performance.

Don't think so? Look what's going to happen to RRod after this season even if he makes it to the all-important "bowl game." He's gonna get canned. Further proof the minor bowls don't mean much when they let in sub-.500 conference record teams. Yawn.

But yes, I'd show up to the Gator-bowl...haven't been there yet, and I like college football.

Does it elevate Iowa's stature...even with a win? Nope. Sort of detracts from it actually.

Just be careful in Jacksonville, SDK. It's not too 'friendly' down there. :(

Honestly, not to disappoint anyone, but I don't care who they're playing if its one more day of football for me. As fans I think we put too much emphasis on the expectations and forget that it's about the game in general. For me, I'm in it because I love both the team and the game itself so I'm happy to get one more opportunity to enjoy college football, before it's over for the season.

Latest posts