Bowl Outlook

Gee, you go over to the illannoy scout board, and they're packing their bags for the Gator bowl. One orange-clad wag even claimed they're Outback-bound. :confused:

Wait a minute, I thought losing to Minnesota automatically eliminated you from bowl consideration

It should, by god. But look on the bright side: zooker sticks around for a couple more seasons, meaning the misery and embarrassment will continue for the frauding illwhinei. :p

I'm guessing Outback if Penn State loses this weekend...doubtful since Michigan State will likely be eliminated from the Rose Bowl before kickoff and it's Senior Day. The one thing that could give 8-4 Iowa the nod over 8-4 Penn State is the actual Outback Bowl game. Penn State will get destroyed IMO. Iowa may lose or may win but the game will be much more competitive and entertaining. Look at these potential candidates.

South Carolina
Arkansas
Auburn
Alabama
LSU

I don't think Penn State can give any of them a game. Iowa has lost 4 games but they were all competitive and entertaining...to the neutral fan with no vested interest in the outcome.

I've been a fan a very long time and no I'm not from the "burbs" - I live on a hog farm not far from IC where you live by one simple system - hard work and no excuses. Players get hurt and yes you play top caliber teams in the Big Ten - so what - you still have to go out and earn a victory with what you have. We haven't earned it this year plain and simple.

That's what I'm talking about.

No excuses.

My friend, apparently there aren't many of us left.

Thank you.

Latest posts