Boise jumps from 5 to 3

HAWKEYESTATE4ever

In this week's coaches poll. WTF.

I don't have a link, but just heard it on SportsCenter.

Hawks still at 9. Oregon jumped to 8 with their impressive win over New Mexico. And Nebraska at 7. TCU jumped up to 5 as well...

Remember the coaches poll is 1/3 of the BCS.

Florida at #6 is a joke.
The fact this bogus poll counts 1/3 towards the BCS points total is a joke.
The whole BCS process is an unadultered mess.

actually iowa moved up a spot--- to #9--we were 10th in the coaches pull last week 9th in AP--will be interesting what AP comes out with.....

and espn's power rankings came out--- this was positive albeit irrelevant, but we moved up to 6th (9th last week)

In this week's coaches poll. WTF.

I don't have a link, but just heard it on SportsCenter.

Hawks still at 9. Oregon jumped to 8 with their impressive win over New Mexico. And Nebraska at 7. TCU jumped up to 5 as well...

Remember the coaches poll is 1/3 of the BCS.

I got nothing wrong with BSU moving up in the polls. They played by far the toughest team of any of the top 10 and showed that they were fast, physical, and very talented.

I got nothing wrong with BSU moving up in the polls. They played by far the toughest team of any of the top 10 and showed that they were fast, physical, and very talented.
Agreed.

However, each and every week they play the rest of their patsy schedule, they need to drop in the polls.

It's still an insult to the intelligence of people everywhere that Boise St moves up two spots when both teams played as poorly as they did.

And of course, Oregon is rewarded for beating perhaps the worst D1-A school from last year. Nice. What was the point of scheduling decent/good teams for the non-conf again?

What I wouldn't give to see us play Boise on a neutral field.

I'll give Boise credit though, they keep beating BCS teams on neutral or away fields. That's all you can ask of them.

It's still an insult to the intelligence of people everywhere that Boise St moves up two spots when both teams played as poorly as they did.

It was the first week of the year. Nobody looked that freakin' good. Heck, we had 2 turnovers against a I-AA school.

They certainly needed to move ahead of Florida, that's a no-brainer in my opinion.

its toooo early to start complaining about poll spots give it a couple more weeks then the complaining can start

Agreed.

However, each and every week they play the rest of their patsy schedule, they need to drop in the polls.

I'll agree with that. They need to win with style the rest of the way, the same goes for Iowa, however. Let's keep the stylish wins going with a big W against LAMES!

I don't see a problem with Boise moving up. They beat a very good team. Florida looked terrible, and Texas didn't look so hot either. If they beat Oregon State, and win the rest of their games easily, then they won't drop. If they lose (at any point), or play a close game in-conference, they will drop.

But Florida is not a top-10 team, not even close at this point. Preseason polls can ruin the CFB season, just because teams like that get the head start, and can actually get a mulligan.

Herby said it best in the game last night: "People are always complaining about the computers, but I'm really starting to take issue with the human element." Not an exact quote, but it was something like that.

And of course, Oregon is rewarded for beating perhaps the worst D1-A school from last year. Nice. What was the point of scheduling decent/good teams for the non-conf again?

Boise played tougher opposition than anyone else in the top 25, on the road, and won.

Why on Earth should they not move up?

Latest posts