Blackout uniforms for Saturday

There is no pleasing some people. It wouldn't matter what the design was, there will be some who will complain.

Not complaining at all I expected them to be lousy. The last attempt Iowa had at alternates were those stupid grey helmets, the design was weak. If the picture that someone posted IS the helmet with just plain black jerseys then its another fail attempt. I could care less really I just think when every major college in the country makes alternates and most of them are sweet looking Iowa should do the same. Our alternates thus far have looked like elementary kids designed them.

Not complaining at all I expected them to be lousy. The last attempt Iowa had at alternates were those stupid grey helmets, the design was weak. If the picture that someone posted IS the helmet with just plain black jerseys then its another fail attempt. I could care less really I just think when every major college in the country makes alternates and most of them are sweet looking Iowa should do the same. Our alternates thus far have looked like elementary kids designed them.

I'm not sure you understand the definition of complaining sir. You are most definitely doing it.

Over the top does not qualify good design and most of the alts nationwide are far from sweet. Most alts try too hard to be different and some of the worst look like they got their materials from the leftovers available in the bargain bin at Hobby Lobby.

Iowa alts are probably going to be a little basic and redundant with the tiger hawk usage, but there are many worse alts than this setup.

They have a picture of the helmet posted over on rivals. They took the yellow stripe down the middle off and centered an Iowa anf sticker on the back. As for matte...looks like they left the helmet out in the sun for a year. Big fail on the helmet if this is it. Every team in the country can pull of a matte helmet except our athletic Dept. We change stickers. Fail.

No fail on any of this MHA, absolutely NONE.

MHA Seriously I think it's time for you to take a break from the site. I'm not sure what to make of your act anymore, most post of yours on this site are fail and 90% of them provide absolutely no substance at all.

And as for all the others ripping on this uniform before even seeing them you are PATHETIC!! WTF~ Nothing better to do?

i can't wait for tonight and to see the Hawks enter Kinnick in these new uniforms!!

Go Hawks!!!!

No fail on any of this MHA, absolutely NONE.

MHA Seriously I think it's time for you to take a break from the site. I'm not sure what to make of your act anymore, most post of yours on this site are fail and 90% of them provide absolutely no substance at all.

And as for all the others ripping on this uniform before even seeing them you are PATHETIC!! WTF~ Nothing better to do?

i can't wait for tonight and to see the Hawks enter Kinnick in these new uniforms!!

Go Hawks!!!!

You must be new to the internet.

When the team comes out, I'll give the uniforms about 4 seconds of my attention. After that, I won't give them another thought. And neither will 95% of the rest of the people watching.

From what I can tell from the teaser video I saw on the press citizen. Think of Penn State white uniforms only black with large gold numbers..Plain black helmet with larger version of the tigerhawk(i think I would prefer it to our current helmet). IOWA across the chest. Black socks and shoes,gold gloves.

The only reason you think other teams' alternates are "sweet" looking, is because they are other teams. If Iowa did the exact same style alternates as these other teams, you would still holler "fail!".

The only reason you think other teams' alternates are "sweet" looking, is because they are other teams. If Iowa did the exact same style alternates as these other teams, you would still holler "fail!".

I've had a strong opinion on alts for years. It's a huge recruiting tool. We are in the spotlight and this is a good opportunity to get some extra hype. I just think Iowa could do better. If they were flat black they would be perfect.

wings_zpsc8m0urov.jpg
Follow the leader, he's on a Honda.

I've had a strong opinion on alts for years. It's a huge recruiting tool. We are in the spotlight and this is a good opportunity to get some extra hype. I just think Iowa could do better. If they were flat black they would be perfect.

These uniforms will be just fine, players seem to dig them which is really all that matters. I think many probably overestimate how much importance kids put on the Alt unis. I bet far more kids have Welsh's attitude regarding "special" unifroms.

Winning is the best recruiting tool. Let's just keep doing that.

All that said, these Unis seem just fine.

When the team comes out, I'll give the uniforms about 4 seconds of my attention. After that, I won't give them another thought. And neither will 95% of the rest of the people watching.

This. This whole topic is so overemphasized. This unis are a nice change for a game. That's it.

I don't know. Not as good as I expected, but maybe they'll look okay on the field. I'd rather just win these next three games though than get worked up over some uniforms.

Latest posts