BJ Lowery injury rumor

and our last real memory of vandenberg was against minnesota and that was pretty ugly if i remember correctly. yet 99% of the board seems to think he will be pretty solid

1. That was two years ago for Vandenberg and last year for Castillo.

2. Vandenberg has shown his ability in games other than that and Castillo has just shown it to us in the spring open practice.

This is why there is such a disparity of our worries about Castillo and Vandenberg.

Let’s keep in mind we can move Hyde back to corner and Bernstein, Miller and maybe Law can all play sfty this year in my mind and we’ll still be good.

Or we can slide Bernstein out at CB (he’s there now) or even Campbell it looks like to me, though he is certainly raw. The point is I found it especially telling that Dinardo seemed genuinely surprised & impressed with the level of talent we had back there. One guy who has yet to be deemed a starter doesn’t change that……and I’m a Lowery fan.

I think this is a case of people thinking player X or Z isn’t fast enuff or high enuff rated and they are worried….

Chad

What is ridiculous is that Lowery is an impressive talent .... and yet Castillo has still managed to keep him at bay (for now). You'd think that folks would piece together that that is a pretty positive statement about Castillo.

Castillo will be fine, after all its not like he is a freshman, it seems like a lot of people throw players under the bus in favor of the new flavor of the month, as in this case Cambell or Law

What is ridiculous is that Lowery is an impressive talent .... and yet Castillo has still managed to keep him at bay (for now). You'd think that folks would piece together that that is a pretty positive statement about Castillo.

Well let’s keep in mind Homer that’s how a basic logic train works and I’m not being a jerk in the least when I say logic is in short supply now-a-days….Castillo will be a solid DB.

Chad

Seriously!
Thats a punk statement.
Do you have the guts to say that without hiding behind a keyboard?

I think I meant 07, but anyway, I feel very confident that it will be our worst Defense since than, and that's not all on Castillo....huge question marks on the DL....but does anyone remember actually watching Castillo play? Doesn't look like he belongs in the B10, got abused by Minnesota...MINNESOTA.

And yes, I know the coaches are never wrong...

signed,
JC, Adam Shada, Troy Johnson, and anyone who started in front of DJK

I think I meant 07, but anyway, I feel very confident that it will be our worst Defense since than, and that's not all on Castillo....huge question marks on the DL....but does anyone remember actually watching Castillo play? Doesn't look like he belongs in the B10, got abused by Minnesota...MINNESOTA.

signed,

I so chuckle when people do this ..................it is so short sighted, so lacking in original thought and insight that to anyone with perspective it is immediately apparent what little deep thinking skills you truly have.

To start with…..you are talking about 22 “starting” rosters spot per game for 12 years. Do those calculation one time…..the numbers are so insane, that quite frankly you should be ashamed for even bringing it up. It shows very shallow debate skills at the least.

2nd….. in EVERY single case there were obvious issues behind said players, yet some people are so bereft of any semblance of logic, perspective or rationale that it is shocking they are able to work.

Chad

PS.....James Cleveland started in front of DJK and he got a camp invite. So did Andy Brodell I believe and Trey Stross is on a team I think. See how easy it is too box silly thoughts like this into a corner.....

Last edited:

homer your on the mark......Lowery is a great athlete but I think the staff sees Castillo as a better "technique" guy who can manage the game. This loss will hurt us some against 4 and 5 wide but I don't think its too big. We have Bernstein and Campbell and can always move Hyde to CB if needed. I think T Miller is going to get a shot this year and I have a feeling he "next man in" just fine.......

To start with…..you are talking about 22 “starting” rosters spot per game for 12 years. Do those calculation one time…..the numbers are so insane, that quite frankly you should be ashamed for even bringing it up. It shows very shallow debate skills at the least.

2nd….. in EVERY single case there were obvious issues behind said players, yet some people are so bereft of any semblance of logic, perspective or rationale that it is shocking they are able to work.

Chad

What is this saying?

signed,

Until the week after an Iowa loss. Then they're wrong quite a bit. However if Iowa wins the next game the same people post about how great they are.

signed,

Wow, bagging on the 2007 defense. That was the last defense to beat Northwestern. That 2009 defense folded like origami against them, and we all remember last year's meltdowns against Indiana (saved by a dropped TD), OSU, Wisconsin, NU and Minnesota, not to mention the meltdown in Arizona.

The 2009 defense needed not one, but two blocked FGs to get past UNI. And it completely collapsed at the end of the MSU game, it's only saving grace that night was Stanzi was on fire and O'Keefe called the best game ever and the D collapsed so fast in the clutch that Stanzi and O'Keefe had time to bail them out. The 2009 defense had two studs who had a great sense for where the ball would be, Edds and Angerer, but we had to deal with some growing pains with those two fellas, but by the time they were seniors, they were able to close out games with opportunistic plays in the clutch a few times and were the difference between a 8-4 or 7-5 team and a 10-2 team.

This year's team will be good, but as usual, it will be the offense absolutely dominating TOP to keep the defense from getting exposed with the structural flaws inherent in a Ferentz defense.

homer your on the mark......Lowery is a great athlete but I think the staff sees Castillo as a better "technique" guy who can manage the game.

How does the staff see Castillo as a better "technique guy than Lowery?

Chad

What is this saying?

It means quite simply……..they have had 3000 some personnel decisions to make over 12 seasons and we’ve complained about this with ZERO insight to a back story or how each decision might have affected others.

It is also saying DJK clearly had issues and they didn’t just show up…

Stanzi had decision and Turn Over issues……

The guys behind Shada weren’t “obviously” better etc, etc, etc…..

Shouldn’t have taken much thought to figure that out…..right?!

Chad

Last edited:
Wow, bagging on the 2007 defense. That was the last defense to beat Northwestern. That 2009 defense folded like origami against them, and we all remember last year's meltdowns against Indiana (saved by a dropped TD), OSU, Wisconsin, NU and Minnesota, not to mention the meltdown in Arizona.

The 2009 defense needed not one, but two blocked FGs to get past UNI. And it completely collapsed at the end of the MSU game, it's only saving grace that night was Stanzi was on fire and O'Keefe called the best game ever and the D collapsed so fast in the clutch that Stanzi and O'Keefe had time to bail them out. The 2009 defense had two studs who had a great sense for where the ball would be, Edds and Angerer, but we had to deal with some growing pains with those two fellas, but by the time they were seniors, they were able to close out games with opportunistic plays in the clutch a few times and were the difference between a 8-4 or 7-5 team and a 10-2 team.

This year's team will be good, but as usual, it will be the offense absolutely dominating TOP to keep the defense from getting exposed with the structural flaws inherent in a Ferentz defense.

And one vacuous black hole follows another...

Chad

It means quite simply……..they have had 3000 some personnel decision to make over 12 seasons and we’ve complained about this with ZERO insight to a back story or each deciosn might have affected others.

It is also saying DJK clearly had issues and they didn’t just show up…

Stanzi had decision and Turn Over issues……

The guys behind Shada weren’t “obviously†better etc, etc, etc…..

Shouldn’t have taken much thought to figure that out…..right?!

Chad

Perhaps not but it'd be a pretty boring message board if everyone always agreed and just slapped each other on the a$$ all day long.

Perhaps not but it'd be a pretty boring message board if everyone always agreed and just slapped each other on the a$$ all day long.

That’s true but I’ve never really “got†that argument…..people should be dumb AND argumentative with no real basis for their irrational rants just so message board world won’t be so boring?!?!

Who knows….Maybe it’s just me who is too stupid to figure that out.

Chad

signed,

2007 Defense national rankings:

vs the run: 24th
scoring defense: 12th

Give me those stats right now sight unseen, and I would up my 8-4 prediction to possibly 10-2 against this schedule with what I think the offense can do.

PS: The 2007 offense was 110th in the nation in scoring, 109 total and 114 in sacks allowed and somehow went 6-6

That’s true but I’ve never really “got” that argument…..people should be dumb AND argumentative with no real basis for their irrational rants just so message board world won’t be so boring?!?!

Who knows….Maybe it’s just me who is too stupid to figure that out.

Chad

Sort of, but why is someone who states based on fact that Castillo has not looked good up to this point in his career classified as "dumb and argumentative," but when someone predicts Castillo to have a "salty" year it's considered ok? I'm sure you will come back with the underclassmen argument or coaching track record argument which is fine, but it doesn't disprove the other side.

Latest posts