Billy Taylor for head coach thread

Don't know about that but I'd like to know what was said/adjusted to get those guys to defend like they did in the 2nd half.

Not sure I can recall an Iowa team playing stifling D like that in a long time.

Don't know about that but I'd like to know what was said/adjusted to get those guys to defend like they did in the 2nd half.

Not sure I can recall an Iowa team playing stifling D like that in a long time.
I think it’s fair to say that that Minnesota team is pretty horrible. No stamina and it showed.

We definitely played better D, but Minnesota is a wet blanket.

I hope he shares his halftime adjustment strategy with Fran
What adjustment? The stop missing shots and make them now adjustment? They have turned it up on defense in the second half before this year. The first Purdue game comes to mind, it just wasn't quite enough that time.

Minnesota was living a charmed life in the first half. Banked in threes, half court buzzer beaters. It was only a matter of time before the reverted back to being Minnesota, though Loewe did come out in the second half and pick up where he left off. For a couple minutes I thought here we go again, obscure player with career night against Iowa.

I think it’s fair to say that that Minnesota team is pretty horrible. No stamina and it showed.

We definitely played better D, but Minnesota is a wet blanket.
Yup. They have no bench and from like the 10 min mark in the 2nd half on it was so noticeable. They were forcing up bad shots not passing awhole lot. Made it easy on us to defend. Plus they were sloppy with live ball turnovers. If Iowa woulda lost to them that'd have been beyond bad and at halftime I didn't have the best feeling about it. But glad they got it done

Yup. They have no bench and from like the 10 min mark in the 2nd half on it was so noticeable. They were forcing up bad shots not passing awhole lot. Made it easy on us to defend. Plus they were sloppy with live ball turnovers. If Iowa woulda lost to them that'd have been beyond bad and at halftime I didn't have the best feeling about it. But glad they got it done
First half they couldn't miss and we couldn't buy one. 2nd half was the opposite with the benefit of them being gassed. If I was counting correctly they had 4 shot clock violations and two of 'em were back to back.

The crowd was definitely restless, there was a decent amount of booing Bohannon after his second air ball. For the record I was not one of them. I have never booed an Iowa player and never will. I've booed Brian Ferentz though. :)

A couple people who were sitting close to the floor said Connor was the one doing the coaching during the timeouts.
He was definitely coaching. Same thing during warmups and he was feeding guys basketballs as well; He and Al Siebert were running pregame drills. He was talking up the refs before the game and had his clipboard going like crazy during timeouts. Looked like Fran out there to be honest minus the red face.

Connor is going to be a good coach somewhere someday. I say let him get his GA start at Iowa.

Also - fwiw

Billy turned Jordan back to PG (he's not one remember?)
Billy played Jordan 36 minutes ( a season high I believe) - remember he needs to be benched
Billy played Patrick 30 minutes, which seems odd because he only plays because of his dad.

You guys are fun, it's why I come back.

First half they couldn't miss and we couldn't buy one. 2nd half was the opposite with the benefit of them being gassed. If I was counting correctly they had 4 shot clock violations and two of 'em were back to back.

The crowd was definitely restless, there was a decent amount of booing Bohannon after his second air ball. For the record I was not one of them. I have never booed an Iowa player and never will. I've booed Brian Ferentz though. :)
Yeah the JBo hate seems to just build. He hit his first 2 shots in this game and played pretty good D overall for him. Yet nobody would say he had a good game. He can hit one now and then but he can't seem to have a 4 out of 7 kinda game or better. He's just 2 for 8 all the time now at best sometimes worse. Part of it is shot selection. He's taking some tough on the move shots while being defended forcing it a lot. No matter what he does at this point he's not going to make everyone happy he's just half toxic now I guess

Also - fwiw

Billy turned Jordan back to PG (he's not one remember?)
Billy played Jordan 36 minutes ( a season high I believe) - remember he needs to be benched
Billy played Patrick 30 minutes, which seems odd because he only plays because of his dad.

You guys are fun, it's why I come back.
I don’t think anyone’s suggesting to ditch Fran for Billy Taylor. The thread was just sarcastic.

Also, if you don’t think Fran game-planned the lineups and substitutions I don’t know what to tell y. Yea, BT was coaching and made the substitutions, called plates, etc., but 100% he did what Fran told him to do. Watch the post game presser, Taylor’s not a dude going off on his own. Bohannon got 36 minutes because that’s what Fran had in mind.

Latest posts