Biggest Game in Years...and Apathy?

DBAHawkFan

While this season has been maddening to watch, Iowa is still in the hunt for the division title this late in the year. Something we haven't been a part of in FIVE years (2009 doesn't seem THAT long ago).

But around here, there's very little talk of the game, scheme, players....anything. Is this a result of a fanbase that's just tired of the program? A cautious wait and see approach? The game prediction thread seemed to slant towards Iowa winning this game, yet the boards aren't really full of optimism or chatter.

While I can't say I'm "excited" for this game, I am definitely intrigued to see what happens. In the prediction thread, I have WI scoring more than 50 points against us, while we squirm for maybe 20. Yet despite thinking we're going to get pounded, I'm more anxious to watch this game than any other for a while. Guess it's the last bit of hope the team can turn things around. I do not share Deace's reasoning that everything is going for Iowa in this game. We have shown far too few glimpses of promise, and WI, albeit coming off a big game, is peaking at the right time (something we as fans claim Iowa does, despite the evidence stating otherwise).

See what happens in 22 hours....

No apathy from me. Personally I don't think Iowa has much of a chance. But...upsets do happen, and you never know....

Tomorrow could be one of those special games that go down in Hawkeye history. THAT is what I am excited for.

While this season has been maddening to watch, Iowa is still in the hunt for the division title this late in the year. Something we haven't been a part of in FIVE years (2009 doesn't seem THAT long ago).

But around here, there's very little talk of the game, scheme, players....anything. Is this a result of a fanbase that's just tired of the program? Yes A cautious wait and see approach? Yes The game prediction thread seemed to slant towards Iowa winning this game, yet the boards aren't really full of optimism or chatter.

While I can't say I'm "excited" for this game Me either, I am definitely intrigued (passive reserved curiosity) to see what happens. In the prediction thread, I have WI scoring more than 50 points (hope not) against us , while we squirm for maybe 20. Yet despite thinking we're going to get pounded, I'm more anxious to watch this game than any other for a while me too. Guess it's the last bit of hope the team can turn things around after all its only been 10 weeks. I do not share Deace's reasoning that everything is going for Iowa in this game. We have shown far too few glimpses of promise well put, and WI, albeit coming off a big game, is peaking at the right time (something we as fans claim Iowa does, despite the evidence stating otherwise). We'll have to see if Iowa is peaking

See what happens in 22 hours....

WHERE ARE YOU?

HAWKEYEFANEMOTIONCYCLE_zps9cc2b887.gif

The program has gone stale and predictable.

It's becoming like that with all Iowa sports except wrestling and baseball.

The program has gone stale and predictable.

It's becoming like that with all Iowa sports except wrestling and baseball.

For me, it is more a case where I know kfootball won't do the unexpected. Let's not fool ourselves. We need to jam the LOS with 8 or 9 on every single play on D. Even then, MG3 will still approach 200 and 2 scores. But, that'd be okay if Iowa would throw the kitchen sink at WUs on offense. But we won't. We'll play JR the whole game, run MW 20 times and struggle to score 3 touchdowns. I've lost confidence in kfootball to actually game plan an opponent.

Deace and Miller think Iowa needs to ball control on offense. I totally disagree. But, they're correct in that is exactly what we'll see. kfootballs philosophy only works when Iowa has a superior D. We don't have that.

For me, it is more a case where I know kfootball won't do the unexpected. Let's not fool ourselves. We need to jam the LOS with 8 or 9 on every single play on D. Even then, MG3 will still approach 200 and 2 scores. But, that'd be okay if Iowa would throw the kitchen sink at WUs on offense. But we won't. We'll play JR the whole game, run MW 20 times and struggle to score 3 touchdowns. I've lost confidence in kfootball to actually game plan an opponent.

Deace and Miller think Iowa needs to ball control on offense. I totally disagree. But, they're correct in that is exactly what we'll see. kfootballs philosophy only works when Iowa has a superior D. We don't have that.

I agree.

Ideally, Iowa needs to get a nice lead and force Wisconsin to pass. THEN Iowa can go ball control in the 4th quarter. But Kirk will likely try to play ball control right from the start.....and the Hawks just will not be able to out-muscle Wisconsin.

Well, iowa is not ranked and 7-3. If both teams were in the top 20, with a chance to get into the top 10 if they win out, that would help.

Now if Iowa beats Wisconsin, that would be exciting.

As much as I want to go "All in" emotionally, I can't anymore. Knowing that Iowa peaked 10 years ago with KF and will never sniff that type of success and talent level again makes me wish this thing would just go ahead and totally bottom out. These teaser games like Northwestern and year end bowl wins like Missouri do nothing more than build false hope. Talent level is terrible due to lazy recruiting practices...no amount of change with assistants is going to change that. Only one thing, and one thing only can save this program...KF out the door. And soon!

As much as I want to go "All in" emotionally, I can't anymore. Knowing that Iowa peaked 10 years ago with KF and will never sniff that type of success and talent level again makes me wish this thing would just go ahead and totally bottom out. These teaser games like Northwestern and year end bowl wins like Missouri do nothing more than build false hope. Talent level is terrible due to lazy recruiting practices...no amount of change with assistants is going to change that. Only one thing, and one thing only can save this program...KF out the door. And soon!

M1911A1 - Did you know that Sgt. Hulka is in the movie, In the heat of the night.

I've been emotionally detached all week knowing there's a possibility we could punt late in the game on 4th and 1 from the Bucky 30...

Latest posts