Big Ten West (Recruiting)

Okay, even then we are still getting our *** kicked in recruiting. I'm not personally a fan of Scout. Rivals is pretty good but I like the Crystal Ball predictions on 247sports and I just think ESPN Recruiting service is most paid attention to especially on NSD. It seems the most official

247sports has Nebraska as 25, Iowa at 26 and Wisconsin at 27 in team recruiting rankings. I dont think these rankings mean anything right now, especially since all the players will be reevaluated and the classes are not even close to being filled up, but I think you are grabbing at straws to make Iowa look bad with this argument

247sports has Nebraska as 25, Iowa at 26 and Wisconsin at 27 in team recruiting rankings. I dont think these rankings mean anything right now, especially since all the players will be reevaluated and the classes are not even close to being filled up, but I think you are grabbing at straws to make Iowa look bad with this argument

I've said multiple times that the rankings right now mean nothing. Iowa is only at 26 because they have 7 more commits than Nebraska and Wisconsin and are still ranked behind Nebraska. When NSD approaches Iowa will likely fall into the 50's as all other teams catch up in quantities

I'm glad we are getting some good recruits. If the staff can do this every year then that'd be something, but the previous classes are unacceptable... hopefully CJ can save the day next year and become the next Stanzi

And KF scares who? He scares his own fans with losing seasons and beating FCS teams by 3. That's for sure. Nebraska and Wisconsin and even Minnesota are in much better places than the Hawks right now. That's for sure.
Well...............that's my point. KF doesn't scare anyone either and he/Iowa are in no position to contend for the BIG title. Neither is Wisconsin or Nebraska, unless you consider getting crushed by 50 pts by Ohio State, contending?

You can't say that they've taken a big step back when they haven't even coached a game yet. Especially when we have Ferentz. Also, you can't say that Michigan has taken a big step forward just because they have Harbaugh. All 3 coaches could fit in very well at their respective schools and most college football analysts believe that to be so.

We've seen both of them coach games at PITT and Oregon State. KF just beat Chryst's behind while he was the coach at PITT! At PITT!
Mike Riley is the only NCAA coach in history to go from NFL head coach - Oregon St head coach - Nebby head coach. That's a long fall into mediocrity. Who would have thought the Oregon St job was better than Nebraska?
I'm not even talking about MICH and Harbaugh. OSU, MSU and PSU will be fighting it our for that division with OSU in the obvious lead. Haraugh can coach. He did an excellent job at Stanford. He went from 4-8 to 5-7 to 8-5 to 12-1 in his 4 years there. Lets compare those 4 years with Chryst and Riley.
Chryst went 6-7, 6-7 and 6-6 over his 3 years at PITT.
Riley went 8-5, 7-5, 5-6, 10-4, 9-4, 9-4, 8-5, 5-7, 3-9, 9-4, 7-6, 5-7. Cripes, Nebraska should have just hired Kirk Ferentz! Their per season win trajectory is almost identical.

No, I don't consider anyone of those to be good recruits.....to answer your question

Start posting on Michigan, Nebraska and Wisconsin site's then and lecture them about taking 2* kids or 3* kids with no other offers. It happens at every school, even the blue bloods. Wisconsin and Iowa do it at a higher rate than the blue bloods, welp, because they aren't blue bloods you d!pshit. 9 of 16 kids that verbaled to Iowa have another P5 offer. 7 of Wisconsin's 12 have another P5 offer. Educate yourself so you don't look so ****ing stupid ranting like Iowa should be recruiting like a blue blood.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Have we confirmed that KF understands that the more stars a guy has the better? I think there is some confusion there. Why would you sign a two star guys early in the recruiting process? I think we may need to go over this with KF.

Unless, and this is a long shot, the Iowa coaching staff evaluates young players differently than the star rating process. Nahhh...that can't be right. Some douchbagging ESPNer knows more than a D1 coach, especially someone like KF who somehow puts guys in the NFL.

To sum up: We put more guys in the NFL than all but one B10 team I believe...recruiting isn't necessary the main issue. Game day coaching and game plan development...let's focus here.

THANK YOU! Great to see some actual sanity here!

Last edited:
Start posting on Michigan, Nebraska and Wisconsin site's then and lecture them about taking 2* kids or 3* kids with no other offers. It happens at every school, even the blue bloods. Wisconsin and Iowa do it at a higher rate than the blue bloods, welp, because they aren't blue bloods you d!pshit. 9 of 16 kids that verbaled to Iowa have another P5 offer. 7 of Wisconsin's 12 have another P5 offer. Educate yourself so you don't look so ****ing stupid ranting like Iowa should be recruiting like a blue blood.

Even though your post completely destroys his entire arguement, I'll guess his reply. "But their P5 offers are better than ours!"

Even though your post completely destroys his entire arguement, I'll guess his reply. "But their P5 offers are better than ours!"

I think people are sooo ticked off at KF that they just can't remove the anger glasses they have on. There is sooooo much positive energy with recruits about the new facilities and about how Iowa is now recruiting kids. They are literally being blown away by their visits. For instance AJ Taylor said that Iowa moved up a bunch because of his visit and he has offers from Nebraska, Missouri, Wisconsin. Keep in mind this is Seth's first year with the new recruiting, and should only get better at it as they sort out what works and what doesn't with the new approach. I would be willing to bet right now that the star gazers will be much happier next year as we will be in on more 4* kids as we have already been laying a ton of ground work with '17 recruits.

The other thing is the misconception of 2* kids right now, or 3* without P5 offers. Many of those kids get offers at camps about this time, and some get the offers during their Sr. seasons. For instance a few of Wisconsin's recruits only have Wisconsin offers, because they only went to Wisconsin's camp, got the offer they wanted, and then committed. If that kid camped across the county they would earn many more offers. Yet that isn't practical, and Pac 12 teams aren't gonna come look at a kid like him at all, just because of geography. So most kids like that realistically have shots at gaining offers from around the Midwest. Then the same thing is going on at 60 some other P5 schools.

I know this thinking is much to advanced for Johnny Spearchucker or JohnnyLaw.....yet I vow to keep fighting their ignorance! :p

Last edited:
I think people are sooo ticked off at KF that they just can't remove the anger glasses they have on. There is sooooo much positive energy with recruits about the new facilities and about how Iowa is now recruiting kids. They are literally being blown away by their visits. For instance AJ Taylor said that Iowa moved up a bunch because of his visit and he has offers from Nebraska, Missouri, Wisconsin. Keep in mind this is Seth's first year with the new recruiting, and should only get better at it as they sort out what works and what doesn't with the new approach. I would be willing to bet right now that the star gazers will be much happier next year as we will be in on more 4* kids as we have already been laying a ton of ground work with '17 recruits.

The other thing is the misconception of 2* kids right now, or 3* without P5 offers. Many of those kids get offers at camps about this time, and some get the offers during their Sr. seasons. For instance a few of Wisconsin's recruits only have Wisconsin offers, because they only went to Wisconsin's camp, got the offer they wanted, and then committed. If that kid camped across the county they would earn many more offers. Yet that isn't practical, and Pac 12 teams are gonna come look at a kid like him at all, just because of geography. So most kids like that realistically have shots at gaining offers from around the Midwest. Then the same thing is going on at 60 some other P5 schools.

I know this thinking is much to advanced for Johnny Spearchucker or JohnnyLaw.....yet I vow to keep fighting their ignorance! :p

The idiot OP aside. I think it's far too late in the game for an uptick in recruiting to assuage Iowa fans. Too much good will has been burned and asking the fans to wait 3 or 4 years for the improved recruiting to bare fruit is not going to be acceptable to many. I like better recruiting because the cupboard might not be completely bare when the new coach takes over. Whenever that is. And remember, there are more problems at work here than KF. Barta is just as responsible for the indifferent fans as anyone else.
That's my honest, non-hate filled reasoning towards the situation.

The other thing is the misconception of 2* kids right now, or 3* without P5 offers. Many of those kids get offers at camps about this time, and some get the offers during their Sr. seasons. For instance a few of Wisconsin's recruits only have Wisconsin offers, because they only went to Wisconsin's camp, got the offer they wanted, and then committed. If that kid camped across the county they would earn many more offers. Yet that isn't practical, and Pac 12 teams aren't gonna come look at a kid like him at all, just because of geography. So most kids like that realistically have shots at gaining offers from around the Midwest. Then the same thing is going on at 60 some other P5 schools.

What's funny is I want Kirk gone bad, but if he is seriously re dedicating himself, what I want more is for him to get the hell away from the offense and start winning again. I actually love Greg's offense of using short passes instead of runs. The Kirk/Greg offense of using short passes and having a balanced running and passing attack is brutal though. Fix that, add in the renued focus and the new facilities, and keep putting kids in the NFL... this just might work.

I've said multiple times that the rankings right now mean nothing. Iowa is only at 26 because they have 7 more commits than Nebraska and Wisconsin and are still ranked behind Nebraska. When NSD approaches Iowa will likely fall into the 50's as all other teams catch up in quantities

you are a liar. you are lying. You literally are making a false statement to exaggerate the situation. you make some points but I dont understand why you think you have to make up numbers to prove your point. We have six more commits than Nebraska and 4 more commits than Wisconsin. Where did you come up with 7? Probably because you are clearly not a hawkeye fan and just trying to discredit any Iowa related without taking any time whatsoever to look it up.

you are a liar. you are lying. You literally are making a false statement to exaggerate the situation. you make some points but I dont understand why you think you have to make up numbers to prove your point. We have six more commits than Nebraska and 4 more commits than Wisconsin. Where did you come up with 7? Probably because you are clearly not a hawkeye fan and just trying to discredit any Iowa related without taking any time whatsoever to look it up.

What's a Clown fan to do? They can't come here talking about Pawl Rhoades recruiting. Yet the urge to troll is far too great to resist.

I never said Iowa should be recruiting like a blue blood dumb*ss. You are trying to make "9 of 16 kids that have verbal to Iowa have another P5 offer" sound like a good thing......that is half our recruiting class that is FCS level or a MAC recruit. We've never been able to recruit as well as Nebraska/Wisconsin but all I am saying is that we shouldn't be ranked in the 50's of the recruiting rankings EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Our fans are so excited about recruiting just as long as they say they are committing to Iowa. Our fans would be pleased if a kangaroo committed to play football for us as long as tweeted "I'm committing to Iowa". You would all be saying "GREAT COMMIT. COACHING STAFF DOING GREAT THIS MONTH. WELCOME TO THE HAWKEYES."

OH MY BAD I WAS OFF BY ONE ON THE NEBRASKA SIDE. That makes it okay then. That we have SIX more commits than Nebraska right now and their class is still ranked ahead of ours by every recruiting service. Go look it up. They have 5 4-stars right now with ACTUAL offers and RELEVANT recruits that people can get excited about. While we pick up anybody we can with a MAC offer.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/nebraska/football/recruiting/commitments

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/2294/class/2016/iowa-hawkeyes

The bottom line is, when you get kids to commit in June, it is typically (not always) the guys you want. If it were later in the game and these were the guys we were getting, they would feel like fall back recruits and I to would be concerned. We invited these guys to come visit, they said great things about the coaches and facilities and then committed. I don't see how some people can turn this into a negative thing?

OH MY BAD I WAS OFF BY ONE ON THE NEBRASKA SIDE. That makes it okay then. That we have SIX more commits than Nebraska right now and their class is still ranked ahead of ours by every recruiting service. Go look it up. They have 5 4-stars right now with ACTUAL offers and RELEVANT recruits that people can get excited about. While we pick up anybody we can with a MAC offer.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/nebraska/football/recruiting/commitments

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/2294/class/2016/iowa-hawkeyes

Im not arguing with you that the hawkeye recruits are better than Nebraskas or that we should be satisfied with the current results. In fact I think the Hawks class will be at a pedestrian 50ish rank if we dont land a few more big recruits. (Luckily Iowa is in the position to be picky with these last commitments because our class is already filling up). Just pointing out that you will post anything to make Iowa look bad. Clearly you looked it up as you cited the 247 Chrystal ball as your favorite website to base recruiting rankings and still posted misleading stats. I understand you want to troll but if you are going to be so sloppy and obvious dont get butthurt when you get called out.

Im not arguing with you that the hawkeye recruits are better than Nebraskas or that we should be satisfied with the current results. In fact I think the Hawks class will be at a pedestrian 50ish rank if we dont land a few more big recruits. (Luckily Iowa is in the position to be picky with these last commitments because our class is already filling up). Just pointing out that you will post anything to make Iowa look bad. Clearly you looked it up as you cited the 247 Chrystal ball as your favorite website to base recruiting rankings and still posted misleading stats. I understand you want to troll but if you are going to be so sloppy and obvious dont get butthurt when you get called out.

I'm not trolling. I'm an Iowa fan, a frustrated one at that. Also, ESPN is my favorite recruiting source just with how they present NSD and it seems the most official and most paid attention to. 247 sports is good. Rivals is decent too. Not a fan of scout.

Latest posts