Big Ten West (Recruiting)

Our best teams have had a mixture of at least two or three 4 star recruits per class under Kirk Ferentz, we need to score a few to make me think we have a fighters chance.

I don't only look at stars in recruiting. In fact, I look at OFFERS much more heavily than stars and when you look at Iowa's commits....it's even more concerning. We are still offering the same MAC-level recruits and being satisfied with recruits choosing Iowa over Ball State and Central Michigan. The new WR commit we just got chose Iowa over Georgia State, Buffalo, Delaware, James Madison, Liberty, UMASS, and Old Domion. So now we are resorting to FCS-level recruits. Even better! Also, have you ever looked a commit's tape and thought it was bad? It's a HIGHLIGHT tape for a reason. You don't see the bad or the plays that aren't BCS caliber. Reasons other schools don't offer but Iowa does. Once again, look at offers more than stars. Coaches are better evaluators of talent than recruiting services. And with that in mind, it makes this class even more concerning. Not that it's any different than years past though. #IowaFootball

I agree, and also am curious to who else has offered. Especially in the region they're from. It looks like you looked at the offer list so I'm guessing you did see the offers from Pitt and Syracuse as well. Left those at of your rant since it didn't fit your narrative? Maybe you just missed them? He's an east coast kid and had offers from two of the biggest schools in the region. I swear some of you people would look past an Alabama offer to say the he also had an offer from Alabama St. As far as tape goes I look for how they finish their tackles, anticipate plays, ability to cut in either direction, etc. Of course they're going to make the play, it is after all a highlight tape. If everyone went by your way thinking why would the coaches even watch the tape?

SchoolInterestOfferVisitRecruited by
IowaCOMMITTED (06/22/2015)OfferedNoneChris White
Boston Coll.MediumNone
LibertyNoneOfferedNone
UMassNoneOfferedNone
Old DominionNoneOfferedNone
PittsburghNoneOfferedNone
SyracuseNoneOfferedNone
TowsonNoneOfferedNone

I agree, and also am curious to who else has offered. Especially in the region they're from. It looks like you looked at the offer list so I'm guessing you did see the offers from Pitt and Syracuse as well. Left those at of your rant since it didn't fit your narrative? Maybe you just missed them? He's an east coast kid and had offers from two of the biggest schools in the region. I swear some of you people would look past an Alabama offer to say the he also had an offer from Alabama St. As far as tape goes I look for how they finish their tackles, anticipate plays, ability to cut in either direction, etc. Of course they're going to make the play, it is after all a highlight tape. If everyone went by your way thinking why would the coaches even watch the tape?

SchoolInterestOfferVisitRecruited by
IowaCOMMITTED (06/22/2015)OfferedNoneChris White
Boston Coll.MediumNone
LibertyNoneOfferedNone
UMassNoneOfferedNone
Old DominionNoneOfferedNone
PittsburghNoneOfferedNone
SyracuseNoneOfferedNone
TowsonNoneOfferedNone

Oh, my bad. I missed those powerhouse football schools in PITT and SYRACUSE. I know every east coast kid is just dying to go play at those two schools. Lmao

A statement of the obvious, which is apparently sorely needed: It is very early in the recruiting season. Iowa is securing commitments from a large number of recruits. It stands to reason that the staff has evaluated these athletes and believes that they can be solid additions to the program. If they did not believe these kids could be successful, they would hold off signing them and attempt to recruit other kids, since the time available to recruit is plentiful.

Also, just as an aside, some of the same posters who were ******** about the small number of recruits Iowa had signed 10 days ago, are returning to the board and taking a new angle of attack now that their first one is gone. hmm.

Oh, my bad. I missed those powerhouse football schools in PITT and SYRACUSE. I know every east coast kid is just dying to go play at those two schools. Lmao

Serious question here. Do you have a list of schools that you think every recruit should have an offer from? Lets say for instance Iowa beats out Michigan for a recruit. Is that insufficient? Does Iowa need to beat out OSU, Alabama and Oregon for every commit they get? I would throw Notre Dame in there but come on, if Iowa can't beat out Notre Dame...:rolleyes: lets just all go home. Point is Syracuse and Pitt are a far cry from the sisters of the poor you listed in your rant. Way to own it though.

Serious question here. Do you have a list of schools that you think every recruit should have an offer from? Lets say for instance Iowa beats out Michigan for a recruit. Is that insufficient? Does Iowa need to beat out OSU, Alabama and Oregon for every commit they get? I would throw Notre Dame in there but come on, if Iowa can't beat out Notre Dame...:rolleyes: lets just all go home. Point is Syracuse and Pitt are a far cry from the sisters of the poor you listed in your rant. Way to own it though.

No I don't think that because I don't think Iowa has a chance in hell against any of those teams. My point is that have our expectations stooped so low that we celebrate 2 star and low 3 star recruits with offers from FCS schools plus the powerhouse Syracuse/Pitt? Really? I expect to at very least beat out teams from the bottom of Power 5 conferences. Just have multiple Power 5 offers!

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER LAST YEAR WHEN A RECRUIT CHOSE OLD DOMINION OVER IOWA?? Yeah, me too. This is where Iowa football is at. I get it. Just ranting out my frustrations and even embarrassments.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Have we confirmed that KF understands that the more stars a guy has the better? I think there is some confusion there. Why would you sign a two star guys early in the recruiting process? I think we may need to go over this with KF.

Unless, and this is a long shot, the Iowa coaching staff evaluates young players differently than the star rating process. Nahhh...that can't be right. Some douchbagging ESPNer knows more than a D1 coach, especially someone like KF who somehow puts guys in the NFL.

To sum up: We put more guys in the NFL than all but one B10 team I believe...recruiting isn't necessary the main issue. Game day coaching and game plan development...let's focus here.

But 5* Basketball Recruit Caleb Swanigan DECOMMITTED from Michigan, and chose Purdue over Kentucky..

Is that a sign of where Kentucky is? No. Kids have different desires and preferences.

We could switch our entire class out with Nebraska's class and our "average star" rankings would magically stay the same.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Have we confirmed that KF understands that the more stars a guy has the better? I think there is some confusion there. Why would you sign a two star guys early in the recruiting process? I think we may need to go over this with KF.

Unless, and this is a long shot, the Iowa coaching staff evaluates young players differently than the star rating process. Nahhh...that can't be right. Some douchbagging ESPNer knows more than a D1 coach, especially someone like KF who somehow puts guys in the NFL.

To sum up: We put more guys in the NFL than all but one B10 team I believe...recruiting isn't necessary the main issue. Game day coaching and game plan development...let's focus here.

According to NFL.com Nebraska is #5 all time in NFL draft picks. Michigan is #6. Penn State is #8. Michigan State is #14. Purdue #18. Wisconsin is #22. Minnesota is #23. IOWA is #26......just a clarification

Our recruiting vs Nebraska and Wisconsin doesn't concern me. Wisconsin and Nebraska have taken a BIG step backwards from a coaching standpoint. The BIG West is going to get crushed in the Big Title game, for the foreseeable future.

According to NFL.com Nebraska is #5 all time in NFL draft picks. Michigan is #6. Penn State is #8. Michigan State is #14. Purdue #18. Wisconsin is #22. Minnesota is #23. IOWA is #26......just a clarification
The days of Tom Osborne roaming the sidelines and living off of prop 48 illiterates are long, long gone. This ain't the 80's or even the 90's. That train wreck of a head coach they have now, doesn't scare anyone.

Please tell me if these are good or bad recruits Iowalaw.....er I mean Upchucker.

3* no other offers
3* directional Ill. offers
3* no other offers
3* E Mich, Holy Cross, ND, SD, SDSU
2* Alabama st, S. Alabama, Georgia St.,
2* Ill., Cornell, Air Force, Syracuse
2* Nevada, Texas St., Kansas
3* ISU, Wyoming, Ohio, Army

I could go on and on with this list. Take any non blue blood school and take a look at who they have signed. Heck some of those verbals are actually from the blue blood programs as well.

Man the alts and trolls around here are just tired, and weak. I mean they are the same ones that completely and totally bash recruits like Derrick Willies (3* kids with offers from ISU, E. Ill., Ill. St) and then turn around and call them the second coming of Jerry Rice a year later. LOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
This one would be nice....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-A.J.-Taylor-166836

Tom Kakert retweeted
Blair Sanderson@BlairRIVALS 29m29 minutes ago
Four-star RB A.J. Taylor impressed by Iowa Hawkeyes visit http://
CIJ0U_cUkAEE8gR.jpg

Our recruiting vs Nebraska and Wisconsin doesn't concern me. Wisconsin and Nebraska have taken a BIG step backwards from a coaching standpoint. The BIG West is going to get crushed in the Big Title game, for the foreseeable future.

You can't say that they've taken a big step back when they haven't even coached a game yet. Especially when we have Ferentz. Also, you can't say that Michigan has taken a big step forward just because they have Harbaugh. All 3 coaches could fit in very well at their respective schools and most college football analysts believe that to be so.

The days of Tom Osborne roaming the sidelines and living off of prop 48 illiterates are long, long gone. This ain't the 80's or even the 90's. That train wreck of a head coach they have now, doesn't scare anyone.

And KF scares who? He scares his own fans with losing seasons and beating FCS teams by 3. That's for sure. Nebraska and Wisconsin and even Minnesota are in much better places than the Hawks right now. That's for sure.

Please tell me if these are good or bad recruits Iowalaw.....er I mean Upchucker.

3* no other offers
3* directional Ill. offers
3* no other offers
3* E Mich, Holy Cross, ND, SD, SDSU
2* Alabama st, S. Alabama, Georgia St.,
2* Ill., Cornell, Air Force, Syracuse
2* Nevada, Texas St., Kansas
3* ISU, Wyoming, Ohio, Army

I could go on and on with this list. Take any non blue blood school and take a look at who they have signed. Heck some of those verbals are actually from the blue blood programs as well.

Man the alts and trolls around here are just tired, and weak. I mean they are the same ones that completely and totally bash recruits like Derrick Willies (3* kids with offers from ISU, E. Ill., Ill. St) and then turn around and call them the second coming of Jerry Rice a year later. LOLOLOLOL

No, I don't consider anyone of those to be good recruits.....to answer your question

Latest posts