Big Ten Meltdown

So far, I would say that:

NW probably did a bit better than I expected. Persa is, by far, their best player and that game ended up closer then what I expected.

PSU is playing pretty much how I expected (although the number of turnovers is a bit surprising). I think that Florida is establishing the momentum, though...

Michigan defense came out as expected. Michigan offense - not so much. I figured they would at least put up 35 points, even as their D gave up 70...

I expected MSU to lose - big. But this is just embarrassing. Alabama pretty much followed the Iowa game plan and MSU, somehow, was apparently surprised by that.

I expect Wisc to put the butt-hurt on TCU, but I have to admit that I am not exactly sure what to expect. That is the problem with teams coming from these smaller conferences.

I'll be rooting for Wisconsin, but I think TCU's defense will control the game and the Frogs will win easily.

Wisconsin has scored at least 30 points in every game since they played MSU. Two of those games they faces Ohio State and us both of which are regarded as having strong defenses (of course we struggled this year more than normally.).

The last month of the season they had games where they scored 70 and 80+ points. There basketball team doesn't touch those scores often. I really expect Wisconsin to barrel over TCU but even if they don't I just can't see TCU shutting them down.

On the other hand Wisconsin can be scored upon. For a team know for their physicality they don't have the best defense. I think if TCU wins it will be a shoot out.

Today provided me with the final conclusive evidence: Mark D'Antonio is NOT a good enough coach to be in the B10.
We already know DickRod isn't, but I'm convinced D'Antonio is in waaaayy over his head. Totally unprepared for Alabama. WTF has sparty been (not) working on for a month?!? :mad:
Both of these clowns are big l'east-level HC's, at best.

Many big ten coaches are still very very poor at bowl prep.

Heres to rich rod, who actually though going to the 3-3-5 would be a good idea.

Bowl Awards so far today:

Winner of the Your *** is fired award: Rich Rod, who couldn't defend his way out of a paper bag.
Winner of the least embarrassing loss award: NWestern
Winner of the Practice? We dont need no stinking practice award: Michigan state, who made bama look like it should be in the title game

Last edited:
Many big ten coaches are still very very poor at bowl prep.

Heres to rich rod, who actually though going to the 3-3-5 would be a good idea.

Bowl Awards so far today:

Winner of the Your *** is fired award: Rich Rod, who couldn't defend his way out of a paper bag.
Winner of the least embarrassing loss award: NWestern
Winner of the Practice? We dont need no stinking practice award: Michigan state, who made bama look like it should be in the title game

Edit on Rich Rod: he couldn't stop people from getting INTO the paper bag (since he's playing defense). And people don't even WANT to be in the wet paper bag (zing!).

Haha Indeed. Whats worse is that some school out there right now that is still respectable is going to hire him. Shame that others have to learn the hard way.

People need to quit drinking the black and gold kool-aid for a few minutes. You really think 8-5 is better than 11-2 just by getting blown out or not? So you would rather have a loss against Minnesota on your resume (and should have been a loss to Indiana) than losses to two bowl teams , a share of the big ten title, and playing on new years day? Everyone knows that if the roles were reversed and Iowa was 11-2 and got blown out in their two losses that everyone would say this team had a good season and a share of the big ten title. Step away and take the black and gold blinders off for a minute.

I wanted all the big ten teams to win their bowl games , especially against the SEC but i know realistically that would not happen

People need to quit drinking the black and gold kool-aid for a few minutes. You really think 8-5 is better than 11-2 just by getting blown out or not? So you would rather have a loss against Minnesota on your resume (and should have been a loss to Indiana) than losses to two bowl teams , a share of the big ten title, and playing on new years day? Everyone knows that if the roles were reversed and Iowa was 11-2 and got blown out in their two losses that everyone would say this team had a good season and a share of the big ten title. Step away and take the black and gold blinders off for a minute.

I wanted all the big ten teams to win their bowl games , especially against the SEC but i know realistically that would not happen

AMEN!!

McGloin is absolutely horrible. If that's PSU's QB for the next ~3 seasons, I'm saying right now that our win streak against the Nits is in no danger of ending.

LOL, just glad OK4P did not get lost and end up there in his NW gear by mistake

LOL
turrible.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad Northwestern is losing big. I hate them. I will never root for them again ever unless by winning they would benefit Iowa in some way. Michigan St is embarrasing the Big Ten, but we all knew they were not as good as their record. The one that has me sad is Michigan is going to lose and that means they will fire Rich Rod and bring in Harbaugh. If they would have won, there is a chance he could have kept his job. But instead they will lose, Michigan will hire Harbaugh and in 2-3 years tops Michigan will be back on their perch atop the Big Ten (or near it).
Agree with everything. Scary stuff to think about; but hopefully Harbaugh is a one hit wonder this year.

Latest posts