Big Ten Meltdown

Today provided me with the final conclusive evidence: Mark D'Antonio is NOT a good enough coach to be in the B10.
We already know DickRod isn't, but I'm convinced D'Antonio is in waaaayy over his head. Totally unprepared for Alabama. WTF has sparty been (not) working on for a month?!? :mad:
Both of these clowns are big l'east-level HC's, at best.

Sorry to say again Vintage, but do you realize this is the 4th Big 10 coach you have trashed in the last hour? Once again, methinks ye protest too much.

Today provided me with the final conclusive evidence: Mark D'Antonio is NOT a good enough coach to be in the B10.
We already know DickRod isn't, but I'm convinced D'Antonio is in waaaayy over his head. Totally unprepared for Alabama. WTF has sparty been (not) working on for a month?!? :mad:
Both of these clowns are big l'east-level HC's, at best.

Disagree.

Sorry to say again Vintage, but do you realize this is the 4th Big 10 coach you have trashed in the last hour? Once again, methinks ye protest too much.

I'm just pizzed that the conference was embarrassed today, and I blame some of the coaches for the poor showings.
You want to defend the jobs that D'Antonio and Rodriguez did with their teams and in their games, have at it. I'm not willing to give these highly-paid guys a pass.
I think Bielema and Fitzy had their teams prepared. PSU...ugh. Prepared, maybe, but failed to execute in the most dramatic of manners.
Anyway, if you think I'm a negative nancy, I'm fine with that. I'm not asking you to agree with me, nor am I forcing you to read my posts.

Doesn't the Big 12 have the same number of wins? Obviously, Oklahoma is going to win tonight, but this is the Big 12's last bowl game isn't it?

Come on Shada. You know that the Clowns love to live vicariously through their conference. They do it every year, especially the years they don't make a bowl game, which is pretty much every year.

I'm just pizzed that the conference was embarrassed today, and I blame some of the coaches for the poor showings.
You want to defend the jobs that D'Antonio and Rodriguez did with their teams and in their games, have at it. I'm not willing to give these highly-paid guys a pass.
I think Bielema and Fitzy had their teams prepared. PSU...ugh. Prepared, maybe, but failed to execute in the most dramatic of manners.
Anyway, if you think I'm a negative nancy, I'm fine with that. I'm not asking you to agree with me, nor am I forcing you to read my posts.

It's hard to defend Dantonio, but I think to say that he is a ****** coach based on how his team played today is a bit much. Sometimes get smoked in bowl games.

Michigan...you had to know that they would give up points; what you didn't expect was that they wouldn't be able to keep pace.

You can say Bielema had his team ready, but you can't (not you, just generally speaking) say why he was having his team milk the clock when they were down by 8 with one timeout, or why called the 2nd timeout on their final scoring drive, or why he called a slant to the TE on the two pointer when they had ran it down TCU's throat for that entire drive.

Come on Shada. You know that the Clowns love to live vicariously through their conference. They do it every year, especially the years they don't make a bowl game, which is pretty much every year.

does clown fan chant "Big Twelve North, Big Twelve North!!" during games a Jack Trice? Honest question - I've never visited JT and never intend to. :rolleyes:

This is true. Of the things I learned at CyFan, the two that stand out the most are as follows.

1. A conference is only as good as it's bowl record, but only if it's the Big 10, and only if it's a losing record.

2. The quality of a head coach can only be determined by his record against the in-state, out of conference school.

does clown fan chant "Big Twelve North, Big Twelve North!!" during games a Jack Trice? Honest question - I've never visited JT and never intend to. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't put it past them.

But back to the point in postseason play ISU loves to latch on to their conference more than any other team pulls for their own. It makes them feel a part of something if they can rub it in that the Big 12 is doing better than any other conference, even though it's not due to their participation.

This is true. Of the things I learned at CyFan, the two that stand out the most are as follows.

1. A conference is only as good as it's bowl record, but only if it's the Big 10, and only if it's a losing record.

2. The quality of a head coach can only be determined by his record against the in-state, out of conference school.

Excellent. You should throw these two clownfan Delusional Absolutes into your sig, SR.
I might, if you don't. :)

Where is the shaking head emoticon?

Horrible day for the BigTen. And now we have to hear about it ALL off season . . . again. Please, for once (excluding last year:)) OSU hold up the conference a LITTLE bit.

Well, you don't need to take any grief from Big 12 or Clown fans. I believe the Big 10 was 2-1 against the Big 12:

Iowa 27 Missour 24
Illini 38 Baylor 14
TT 45 NW 38

That's a winning record, last time I checked.

Latest posts