Big Ten Meltdown

Northwestern has made a strong case for themselves, making the big comeback without their (by far) best player. Michigan doesn't really surprise me. Penn State is looking alright.

Michigan State is just embarrassing.

It's become pathetic. They're getting pwnd in every aspect. Haven't been watching the Michigan game but I'm surprised they haven't put more than 14 points on Miss St.

Would you rather be 11-2 and get your head and *** handed to you in both of your losses, or finish 8-5 with a bowl win over a top 12 team?

If the choice is 11-2 with MSU's schedule this year, and getting curb-stomped in the two losses, I'll take 8-5 with our schedule and bowl win. If it's 11-2 with the schedule that we had last year, I'd take 11-2.

I agree if we were playing in a BCS game. But, I always felt MSU was a fraud, and even though our season is a major disappointment, I think we had the better team and still had the more successful season.

If MSU had made the Rose Bowl, that would have been sickening.

I agree if we were playing in a BCS game. But, I always felt MSU was a fraud, and even though our season is a major disappointment, I think we had the better team and still had the more successful season.

If MSU had made the Rose Bowl, that would have been sickening.

How the hell did we have a more successful season?

Friggen McGloin for PSU is an interception machine. What's he thrown, 3 in 3 quarers?? Stanzi-esque. :mad:

It doesn't surprise me as I predicted a 2-6 BT bowl record (BADger and OSU wins) but Bama 49-0 is way beyond how I thought the Cap One Bowl would play out.

"How the hell did we have a more successful season?"

That's a good question. Although technically MSU was co-champions, this team is not a championship team. We underachieved, but we finished our season beating a legit team. I would definitely want a piece of the title, but I think if I was to look back a few years from now and I was an MSU fan and I saw that the 2010-2011 team finished 11-2 getting the **** kicked out of them in the Capital One Bowl (and getting beat down at Iowa) I would feel that is a waste of an 11-2 record.

Our season stunk, but a win over a top 12 program in our bowl game is something to build upon at least. Now, one may argue we had a wasted season too (and they would be right) but at least when we have finished in 11-2, I have felt much better about it.

Last edited:
Mich.St. and NW couldn't beat themselves out of wet paper bags when it comes to bowls. Iowa should have been chosen over Michigan for the Gator. The two teams from Michigan are an embarrasment to the Big 10. Just be thankful the cornholers are still part of the Big 12 this bowl season. Hopefully Penn St. can save a little face today verses the SEC.

"How the hell did we have a more successful season?"

That's a good question. Although technically MSU was co-champions, this team is not a championship team. We underachieved, but we finished our season beating a legit team. I would definitely want a piece of the title, but I think if I was to look back a few years from now and I was an MSU fan and I saw that the 2010-2011 team finished 11-2 getting the **** kicked out of them in the Capital One Bowl (and getting beat down at Iowa) I would feel that is a waste of an 11-2 record.

Our season stunk, but a win over a top 12 program in our bowl game is something to build upon at least. Now, one may argue we had a wasted season too (and they would be right) but at least when we have finished in 11-2, I have felt much better about it.

They beat the number 5 team in the country. You could argue that Wiscy wasn't the same team they are now but still.

They also blew out Minnesota and beat Northwestern. I wish we could say the same. This is the best team Michigan State has had in years. I doubt there fans will see it as a waste of an 11-2 record. I don't really see how there is such a thing.

To be honest, I would actually compare MSU's co-title to an Alford title in the Big Ten Tournament. Even though it is not the same thing in comparison to how both were accomplished, the feeling is the same. Those Alford teams (maybe with the exception if Luke did not get hurt) were not the best teams in the conference, and MSU just slipped by this year mainly due to their schedule. Alford went blabbing his mouth around like they won the Big Ten and MSU complaining they should have got a better bowl game. In both cases, absolute frauds.

And, MSU beating Wisco........Wisco is good......but I don't think number 5 good. We did them a huge favor not covering that punt fake......

When playing to their potential, Iowa and Ohio St were the best teams in the conference this year....with Wisco kicking it into high gear after our clusterfudge gift to them.

Last edited:

Latest posts