Big Ten logo

In time I'll get used to it but my first impression is that it's a little clumsy looking.

I'll never cease being amazed at how many allegedly intelligent people in allegedly premier jobs come up with such stupid stuff...like the "new" Big Ten logo. I just hope the conference didn't over-pay the third-grader who designed it.

And it was brilliant (he said sarcastically) to come up with those division names. The Big Ten had a unique opportunity to unveil a powerful new logo and creative division names. That they blew both chances so magnificently leads me to believe someone closely associated with the 2010 Iowa football team must have had a lot to do with it... Lots of hype. Little substance.

Full list of the new logos ... LINK

logo-stacked.jpg

divisions-horiz.jpg

logo-horiz.jpg

b10.jpg

logo-stacked-date.jpg

logo-horiz-date.jpg

b10-date.jpg

divisions-vert.jpg

legends.jpg

leaders.jpg

Am I missing something. What is the 1 instead of the I supposed to represent? Is there a 2 somwhere in the logo to make a 12? Epic fial for the B10.

Am I missing something. What is the 1 instead of the I supposed to represent? Is there a 2 somwhere in the logo to make a 12? Epic fial for the B10.

Yes, you are missing something. The G in 'BIG' represents a zero, which, following the '1', makes '10'. It's perfect.

Yes, you are missing something. The G in 'BIG' represents a zero, which, following the '1', makes '10'. It's perfect.

I don't give 2 flips about the logo one way or another but it does miss the cleverness of the logo after Penn State's arrival in the league.

capturefy.jpg

For example - that logo contains 2 iterations of 'Ten'. So it reads Big TEN TEN.

I don't give 2 flips about the logo one way or another but it does miss the cleverness of the logo after Penn State's arrival in the league.

capturefy.jpg

For example - that logo contains 2 iterations of 'Ten'. So it reads Big TEN TEN.

But the old logo didn't read "BIG ELEVEN TEN".

I'm not crazy about the way it was done, but it seems like they went the way they did so they could use the B1G as an abbreviated logo for some situations.

Latest posts