Big Ten Likely to Expand Conference Sched to Nine or Ten Games...

Did this guy just step out of a time machine from 1992?

Please explain to me how it wouldn't hurt ISU to lose Iowa now that they have already lost Nebby. It doesn't matter to Iowa one bit if this game ends financially. What happens if ISU loses this rivalry game and has a losing record for the next couple of years?

My point is if you can hurt ISU in the future then you do it when you have the chance. Until Iowa is compensated equally for this game then dropping it makes perfect sense.

Please explain to me how it wouldn't hurt ISU to lose Iowa now that they have already lost Nebby. It doesn't matter to Iowa one bit if this game ends financially. What happens if ISU loses this rivalry game and has a losing record for the next couple of years?

My point is if you can hurt ISU in the future then you do it when you have the chance. Until Iowa is compensated equally for this game then dropping it makes perfect sense.

Well it seems isu had very good attendance this year without iowa or nebraska on the schedule at home.

Also under the old big 12 rules ISU got screwed on revenue sharing. Under the new rules isu is suddenly flush with cash compared to what they had.

The iowa game in terms of revenue is not as big a deal as it was a few years ago.

We draw bigger crowds when we play UNI. We don't need Iowa any more than you need State.

images

Paul Myerberg ‏@PaulMyerberg
SEC teams heading into NSD, per Rivals: 10 of the top 25, 7 of the top 12, 5 of the top 10. 6 of 7 SECW teams in top 25, 5 in top 12.

The gap widens.

LOL @ anyone that thinks the SOS element will help the B1G.
In fact the exact opposite is true.
I'm just trying to imagine that first time either Michigan or OSU gets left out of the playoff because their SOS sucks, because the B1G sucks. Can't think that would go over very well in Ann Arbor or Columbus. Would probably make me think about looking around for a new home. But I'm sure that's just me, neither of those two would do that.

More conference games in a weak conference. Great.

Good thing we're adding Georgia Tech and Virginia.

Whatever it takes to get rid of the ISU game. It is a "no win" game for Iowa and always will be because ISU will always suck. Means nothing to beat them and is a horrible loss when we lose to them.

Whatever it takes to get rid of the ISU game. It is a "no win" game for Iowa and always will be because ISU will always suck. Means nothing to beat them and is a horrible loss when we lose to them.

Iowa St's athletics programs are superior to Iowa in every measurable way. The sooner folks admit that the sooner something can be done to change it.

How many teams would the SEC have had in this season's playoff if it were 4 & 8 teams?

In a 4 team, 2(Bama, UF)

In a 8 team, 4(Bama, UF, UGA & LSU) & the 9th place team was TAMU & SCarolina 10th.

So 6 of the top 10.

It's going to be an SEC event. With each recruiting class, the gap widens. It is a canyon at this point.
Next Wednesday(signing day) is going to be the biggest landslide in the history of recruiting as there will be 7 SEC schools with top 10 classes. The best players want to play in the best league against the best players. That's the SEC.

I'm sure I'm wrong though, its not like the SEC has won 7 straight titles or anything like that.

And as long as the SEC has no academic (for that matter, any) standards, they will continue to rule the roost.

Iowa St's athletics programs are superior to Iowa in every measurable way. The sooner folks admit that the sooner something can be done to change it.

Really?

Wider doors? by how much?

Paint freshness?

Brighter lights? how many lumnes?

Solubility of floor wax?

Utility spend per Sq Feet?

They have the same academic standards as every other member of the NCAA.
Get that weak sauce outta here.

Incorrect. The NCAA sets a minimum, but some conferences (e.g. Big Ten) set higher entrance standards than the minimum, and some individual schools higher yet (e.g. Northwestern).

Price of Iowa at ISU ticket, $90. Price of an ISU v. UNI ticket, a pulse. Yeah, that wouldn't hurt at all. Good Lord.

Latest posts