Big Ten Likely to Expand Conference Sched to Nine or Ten Games...

Iowa St's athletics programs are superior to Iowa in every measurable way. The sooner folks admit that the sooner something can be done to change it.

Hawks kicking *** in the CY Hawk, HY-VEE series..
What's up with that?

Hell, ISU only has a few sports left..They had to drop baseball, men's gymnastics, wrestling...I guess they felt thay had to put ALL of their resources into that monster of a football program that Rhoads has built. You know, the one that has all the Clowns really excited about losing records, 3 of the last 4 football seasons. The place is buzzing with excitement after the blow out loss to powerful Tulsa in the "whatever the hell" bowl. Yup, things are good in Ames.

Since the athletic program is doing so well over there, maybe they can stop sucking funds out of the state treasury to keep the few sports they have left going.

Hawks kicking *** in the CY Hawk, HY-VEE series..
What's up with that?

Hell, ISU only has a few sports left..They had to drop baseball, men's gymnastics, wrestling...I guess they felt thay had to put ALL of their resources into that monster of a football program that Rhoads has built. You know, the one that has all the Clowns really excited about losing records, 3 of the last 4 football seasons. The place is buzzing with excitement after the blow out loss to powerful Tulsa in the "whatever the hell" bowl. Yup, things are good in Ames.

Since the athletic program is doing so well over there, maybe they can stop sucking funds out of the state treasury to keep the few sports they have left going.

What's the current score in the CyHawk?
LOL
You literally got every point you made, wrong.
I'm going to assume it was intentional.

LOL

ISU athletics continues to suck money out of the state treasury.
Iowa athletic dept. is one of the few profitable in the country.
ISU no longer has baseball or men's gymnastics.
The wrestling comment was meant to be a joke as the ISU program is akin to a Division III program, meaning they suck, really bad.
ISU football team has a losing record, 3 of the last 4 years.
Iowa leads Cy-Hawk series, 12-9.

So you tell me where I was wrong..

LOL

You do realize that score is now 12-9 Hawks right? I'm sure you did, your one step ahead of everyone else on this board and we all lack your intelligence. Go back to your SEC/ISU support group.

ISU athletics continues to suck money out of the state treasury.
Iowa athletic dept. is one of the few profitable in the country.
ISU no longer has baseball or men's gymnastics.
The wrestling comment was meant to be a joke as the ISU program is akin to a Division III program, meaning they suck, really bad.
ISU football team has a losing record, 3 of the last 4 years.
Iowa leads Cy-Hawk series, 12-9.

So you tell me where I was wrong..

We lost in the fact that this guy is a troll and we accepted the bait.

I'll leave this right here...

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel
How strong is SEC recruiting? Kentucky is 13 out of 14 in SEC per rivals. Would be fourth in Big Ten: Y! SPORTS

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel
How strong is SEC recruiting? Kentucky is 13 out of 14 in SEC per rivals. Would be fourth in Big Ten: Y! SPORTS

But the beautiful part is that regardless of all these recruits they are bringing in...here comes the bombshell...Kentucky still sucks!!! And the beauty of the riding the coattails of the SEC is that they're still a part of that conference so that is supposed to redeem anything negative about the program. Here's a fact, Northwestern is in the best basketball conference in the nation and they've never made it to the Big Dance, but they'll get a nationwide get out of jail free card, because they're in the BIG.

Edit: Northwestern doesn't get the free pass, because outside of SEC country no one rides the the achievements of their conference.

Last edited:

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel

Here's another tidbit that you can "leave right here". Kentucky finished 2-10 last season and was 0-8 in conference play. Not only did they go .500 in OOC play, but lost to Western Kentucky. I'm pretty sure though that they get a free pass, because Western Kentucky had such a strong recruiting class the last few seasons. Fact is your trying to polish a turd and it's not working. Still a turd.

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel

You do realize the pay scale in the SEC is much higher than other conferences? (see Scam Newton) Couple that with the remedial entrance requirements and it's pretty easy to see how they land the top recruits.

You do realize the pay scale in the SEC is much higher than other conferences? (see Scam Newton) Couple that with the remedial entrance requirements and it's pretty easy to see how they land the top recruits.

IMO its worse than that...he's using Kentucky football to hype up the SEC...Are you serious!!!

Here's another tidbit that you can "leave right here". Kentucky finished 2-10 last season and was 0-8 in conference play. Not only did they go .500 in OOC play, but lost to Western Kentucky. I'm pretty sure though that they get a free pass, because Western Kentucky had such a strong recruiting class the last few seasons. Fact is your trying to polish a turd and it's not working. Still a turd.

So all but 4 B1G schools finished BELOW a school that lost to Western Kentucky and finished 2-10?
Got it

LOL
LMAO

Oh, the rationale. Goodness

IMO its worse than that...he's using Kentucky football to hype up the SEC...Are you serious!!!

I'm not using Kentucky to "hype the SEC", I'm using Kentucky to put perspective on how terrible the B1G is in recruiting. Kentucky having a better recruiting class than 8 of the 12 B1G schools is quite laughable occurrence.

LOL

Vanderbilt had a better class than everyone in the B1g besides OSU & Michigan.

Vandy for cripes sake

We'll see where Vandy's and Kentucky's classes end up in 4 years. Because I honestly know nothing, but I do know that the SEC consistently brings in all this talent and Vandy and Kentucky generally suck!!! Or could it be a possibility that because these players are generally from SEC country they tend to get alot of looks from elite programs and that adds to their star ratings? Honest question because I truly don't have an answer. IMO the fact remains that year after year I keep hearing about how good of recruiting classes all these SEC programs get, but then the programs never improve (OOC results as much as conference play). All I'm saying is that I'd be more than willing to bet that outside of Michigan and OSU the majority of the teams in the BIG would beable to have their way with Kentucky game in and game out, that I don't buy how good of recruits they keep bringing in, because I hear it year in and year out and they still suck.

We'll see where Vandy's and Kentucky's classes end up in 4 years. Because I honestly know nothing, but I do know that the SEC consistently brings in all this talent and Vandy and Kentucky generally suck!!! Or could it be a possibility that because these players are generally from SEC country they tend to get alot of looks from elite programs and that adds to their star ratings? Honest question because I truly don't have an answer. IMO the fact remains that year after year I keep hearing about how good of recruiting classes all these SEC programs get, but then the programs never improve (OOC results as much as conference play). All I'm saying is that I'd be more than willing to bet that outside of Michigan and OSU the majority of the teams in the BIG would beable to have their way with Kentucky game in and game out, that I don't buy how good of recruits they keep bringing in, because I hear it year in and year out and they still suck.

You remind me of the kid that puts his fingers in his ears and talks really loudly and fastly saying....I CAN'T HEAR YOU repeatedly. Its ok to admit that the B1G sucks my man. We're good at a lot of things, football isn't one of them. Accept it, embrace it & draw attention to it so that pressure is applied and maybe, just maybe the B1G improves enough that the conference can compete with the likes of Kentucky. Gotta dream big brother!

You remind me of the kid that puts his fingers in his ears and talks really loudly and fastly saying....I CAN'T HEAR YOU repeatedly. Its ok to admit that the B1G sucks my man. We're good at a lot of things, football isn't one of them. Accept it, embrace it & draw attention to it so that pressure is applied and maybe, just maybe the B1G improves enough that the conference can compete with the likes of Kentucky. Gotta dream big brother!

I get it, I'm that kid with my fingers in the ears that tunes out everything, because I can't find any logic whatsoever in any of your posts. I ask you a legit question and you go on the attack of how bad the BIG is, which last I knew wasn't anything that my post was geared toward other than the fact I said that I'm pretty sure they could hold their own with the almighty SEC bottom feeders. I guess I'm simply too dumb to understand what your getting at because I turly have no idea what your talking about and don't see the logic in your arguments. But hey I get it. I just wish I could see things your way so I could consider myself right. Hopefully I'll wake up soon and be able to see through all the BS your feeding me.

Last edited:
I get it, I'm that kid with my fingers in the ears that tunes out everything, because I can't find any logic whatsoever in any of your posts. I ask you a legit question and you go on the attack of how bad the BIG is, which last I knew wasn't anything that my post was geared toward other than the fact I said that I'm pretty sure they could hold their own with the almighty SEC bottom feeders. I guess I'm simply too dumb to understand what your getting at because I turly have no idea what your talking about and don't see the logic in your arguments. But hey I get it. I just wish I could see things your way so I could consider myself right. Hopefully I'll wake up soon and be able to see through all the BS your feeding me.

You don't see logic in me stating how horrific the B1G's recruiting is?
And how that fact has led to the horrific play we see now all across the league?

I'm making a very simple statement my friend. I'll boil it down for you...
The B1G sucks at recruiting and hence they suck on the field.

You don't see logic in me stating how horrific the B1G's recruiting is?
And how that fact has led to the horrific play we see now all across the league?

I'm making a very simple statement my friend. I'll boil it down for you...
The B1G sucks at recruiting and hence they suck on the field.

I get that part, but once again the otherside of the argument is your using Kentucky, who sucks equally as bad if not worse as a focal point. Wether or not the the recruiting is horrible in the big the fact remains Kenutucky, who is still an SEC program, sucks and will continue to suck regardless of how good a class they allegedly got.

I'm with you dude, we've been going about this for almost a week now and honestly we both see its going nowhere, because neither of us agree or will ever agree on the situation. Lets call it a truce and treat ourselves to a beer on the others behalf.

I get that part, but once again the otherside of the argument is your using Kentucky, who sucks equally as bad if not worse as a focal point. Wether or not the the recruiting is horrible in the big the fact remains Kenutucky, who is still an SEC program, sucks and will continue to suck regardless of how good a class they allegedly got.

I'm with you dude, we've been going about this for almost a week now and honestly we both see its going nowhere, because neither of us agree or will ever agree on the situation. Lets call it a truce and treat ourselves to a beer on the others behalf.

Of course Kentucky sucks, that's the point.
LOL

Glad we finally agree that it's terrible & embarrassing that most of the B1G ranks behind an awful Kentucky program.

Latest posts