Big Ten Likely to Expand Conference Sched to Nine or Ten Games...

A human poll or committee is going to favor the SEC even more, as perception has already been molded.

LOL

This is just the beginning folks, the SEC's dominance has just begun. We're looking at the SEC winning nearly every football championship from this point forward. Sure, there will be an occasional team outside the SEC that wins it but its going to mostly be SEC teams. Its actually surprising it took them this long if you fully understand the advantages they have.

A human poll or committee is going to favor the SEC even more, as perception has already been molded.

LOL

This is just the beginning folks, the SEC's dominance has just begun. We're looking at the SEC winning nearly every football championship from this point forward. Sure, there will be an occasional team outside the SEC that wins it but its going to mostly be SEC teams. Its actually surprising it took them this long if you fully understand the advantages they have.
I agree with the bolded. You can thank texa$$ and their 10 underlings in part for this.

Wow, that would be crazy if the SEC started getting the nod over everyone else. We should probably just keep things the same way so that never happens.
Yes, the SEC currently gets the nod over everyone else. The only way that this will change is if other conferences step up and occasionally beat the SEC in OOC games. At least the Big10 had the chance to do this in the past with games against Bama. If the Big10 goes to a 10 conf game schedule, there will probably be no OOC games against the SEC. So, we will not be "keeping things the same way". Our opportunity to make a dent in the SEC's superiority would decrease.

Last edited:

LOL

Meh, things like this tend to be cyclical.

I do like the 10 game schedule, but do not like losing the Iowa St game. What is the reasoning for not going to 13 game schedules? Is the NCAA the only road block?

I agree with BTchamp. Playing just your conference with little likelihood of playing another major conference would be weird.

Not to mention stupid. It'll hurt teams potentially in NC chases. Everybody will ask "Who's Ohio State beaten, why do they deserve to get in? Oh, they beat Michigan and Nebraska. Who'd those schools beat? Iowa and Wisconsin." Etc.

You can't completely insulate yourself like that unless there were going to be a true playoff where say the top two teams from every conference gets a bid.

I wouldn't say scared. I would say to take the opportunity to put a dent in the financial situation at ISU when possible. Without Iowa, who is ISU?

Good luck building the rivalry with WSU.

Did this guy just step out of a time machine from 1992?

Not to mention stupid. It'll hurt teams potentially in NC chases. Everybody will ask "Who's Ohio State beaten, why do they deserve to get in? Oh, they beat Michigan and Nebraska. Who'd those schools beat? Iowa and Wisconsin." Etc.

You can't completely insulate yourself like that unless there were going to be a true playoff where say the top two teams from every conference gets a bid.

On the other hand how is that any different than now? The Big Ten non conference is made up of mostly MAC schools anyway. Even when they do schedule a game against a team from one of the power conferences it is rarely against the SEC.

But it would not surprise me to see Delany go back to the Pac12 and try to strike a deal with them for non conference games. A deal that would make both conferences a bunch of money and distancing themselves further from SEC/ESPN.

I think the ten game conference schedule is more preferable to a nine game schedule. If Rutgers and Maryland are members they need to be on the future schedules of all members within four years of entry. For Iowa, getting exposure in the East, is important for recruiting. I really liked the Iowa vs Penn State series. Not being able to play the Lions for six years would not be good.

As for the end of the series with ISU, we all knew that could happen with re-alignment.

Meh, things like this tend to be cyclical.

When was/is the B1G's 7 yr run of national titles?

LMAO

The cyclical claim is a myth.
Show me a time in history where the B1G or anyone else had the kind of success the SEC currently has.
There isn't one.

LMAO

Show me a time in history where the B1G or anyone else had the kind of success the SEC currently has.
There isn't one.

How many B10 schools have been under investigation in those 7 years? Sec schools? What kind of violations? Is the NCAA starting to really crack down on rule breakers? I would not put to much faith or stock in those NT's. Sooner or later the NCAA is going to ***** slap some of those schools with some BIG time fines and reductions. Maybe 2 or 3 sec schools in the same year? Then what the sec would be the weakest conf there is.

The SEC is NEVER EVER EVER going to agree to limiting their bids. They neutered Delany when he tried that crap the last time and put his a** in its place. Never in a billion years is the SEC going to agree to equal auto bids. WILL. NOT. HAPPEN.

As I've stated previously, the SEC knows they're getting 2 AT LEAST in the four team playoff starting in 2014. When the playoff goes to 8, they know they'll get 4 AT LEAST. Under no circumstances are they going to accept a system that limits their access below what they already know they'll get. Nobody would. So the thoughts/discussions of one, two bids from each league are pointless. Folks need to accept that when Jim Delany agreed to the playoff, he essentially waved the white flag, because he knows his league can no longer compete at the highest level. The SEC is minor league professional football and everyone else is playing intramurals.

How many B10 schools have been under investigation in those 7 years? Sec schools? What kind of violations? Is the NCAA starting to really crack down on rule breakers? I would not put to much faith or stock in those NT's. Sooner or later the NCAA is going to ***** slap some of those schools with some BIG time fines and reductions. Maybe 2 or 3 sec schools in the same year? Then what the sec would be the weakest conf there is.

You aren't really going to pull out the ethics card are you? My goodness!
The B1G has a member that harbored a child molester for decades & its most prominent member currently on probation for knowingly playing athletes that were ineligible.

The B1G lost any argument in this area.
LOL

You aren't really going to pull out the ethics card are you? My goodness!
The B1G has a member that harbored a child molester for decades & its most prominent member currently on probation for knowingly playing athletes that were ineligible.

The B1G lost any argument in this area.
LOL

SO two schools in one conf can get hit in the same year. Kind of screws your "the sec will always get two in" does it not? Also look what they did to PSU. I bet you would not be laughing if the NCAA took all Bamas NT's because they find out something was amiss.
Like I said give me the numbers of major infractions over the last 7 years. Sorry but Nebby giving extra books, does not compare to paying players.

SO two schools in one conf can get hit in the same year. Kind of screws your "the sec will always get two in" does it not? Also look what they did to PSU. I bet you would not be laughing if the NCAA took all Bamas NT's because they find out something was amiss.
Like I said give me the numbers of major infractions over the last 7 years. Sorry but Nebby giving extra books, does not compare to paying players.

Oh, I'm sorry, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Point is if you dont think what goes around comes around, you have the thought process of a child.
Be kind of funny if Oregon and couple sec schools got nailed all at the same time, that would change the whole lanscape, no? Kind of like OSU, USC, PSU...... The NCAA is cracking down and major rule violations will be punished more and more and carry stiffer and stiffer penalties.

Last edited:
I have been asking to play every team in the league for the last five years. The preseason is horrible, everyone plays teams they can distroy and for me its just not fun anymore. I would much rather play a really hard team every game. I think a lot of people feel that way. Who wants to watch the Hawks play UNI the 300th time, I would rather play USC. Sense Iowa will never schedule that lets just bring on the regular season much sooner. Football season is short enough so lets play everyone.

Point is if you dont think what goes around comes around, you have the thought process of a child.
Be kind of funny if Oregon and couple sec schools got nailed all at the same time, that would change the whole lanscape, no? Kind of like OSU, USC, PSU...... The NCAA is cracking down and major rule violations will be punished more and more and carry stiffer and stiffer penalties.

Like I said, you obviously don't have any idea what is going on. The NCAA can't get out of its own way, dude. Their very existence is in doubt, yet you proclaim their might.

LOL

Like I said, you obviously don't have any idea what is going on. The NCAA can't get out of its own way, dude. Their very existence is in doubt, yet you proclaim their might.

LOL

How many schools did the NCAA pretty much lay waste to in the past 3 or 4 years? The 10 before that?
If you speed everyday, in the end you will end up with more speeding tickets than someone who speeds once a month. Those are facts.

LMAO

There isn't one.

True, but there are schools in the Big Ten that have had good runs (OSU, Michigan, Minnesota) some before they became a member (Nebraska & Penn State). There is just to much talent in the south without a lot of competition for there to be a level playing field. Let's face it, the SEC rules the south every once in a while enough talent leaks into an ACC school like Florida State & Miami for them to make a run but the state of Florida has so much talent that it can get a way with having 3 good BCS schools in the same state. While in the north you got a bunch of schools fighting for talent in Chicago and the leftovers in Ohio (after OSU takes theirs), not to mention Notre Dame who should have been in the Big Ten a long time ago.

There is not a good answer for this, Delany is making the right moves by bringing in eastern schools so hopefully that will draw in the talent on the east coast. But the conferences need to play by the same set of rules. It is an advantage to the SEC to be able to sign as many recruits they want and then either find medical scholarships or take scholarships a way from kids who were promised one.

Latest posts